What would be a proper ending for David?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 06, 2018, 11:17:49 PM

What would be a proper ending for David?

1. David creates the biomechanical Alien, and then it is destroyed by his creation.
7 (12.5%)
2. David creates the Queen, and then it is destroyed by his creation
0 (0%)
3. David is destroyed by the Engineers.
5 (8.9%)
4. David is destroyed by the Space Jockey of LV-426.
1 (1.8%)
5. Somehow, David becomes the Space Jockey of LV-426.
2 (3.6%)
6. After discovering that he was recreating an imperfect version of the Alien created by the Engineers, David commits suicide.
5 (8.9%)
7. David has his own "Tears in rain" monologue, and then he dies.
0 (0%)
8. David is killed by Walter.
1 (1.8%)
9. Beheaded and burned with a flamethrower by Daniels.
0 (0%)
10. David is killed by Tennesse.
0 (0%)
11. David is killed by Covenant's computer "Mother".
0 (0%)
12. Somehow, David's consciousness is transferred to Ash.
2 (3.6%)
13. David transfers his consciousness to Jonesy (see Altered Carbon).
0 (0%)
14. He performs his own version of hell (like Satan) on Origae-6 and plans to travel to Mankind's Eden on Earth to release the chaos and corrupt the God's creation.
5 (8.9%)
15. After meeting the creator of the Black Goo, David was transformed into a fetus, and became a Star Child.
1 (1.8%)
16. After becoming a Starchild, David is able to manipulate space-time and ends up creating the Engineers and triggering a cosmic paradox.
1 (1.8%)
17. David is killed in a motorcycle accident like his hero  T. E. Lawrence.
3 (5.4%)
 18. He ends up like the titan Prometheus, tortured for eternity.
6 (10.7%)
19. David survives and has a key role in a sequel set in the distant future of the timeline, post Alien Resurrection.
3 (5.4%)
20. Similar to the previous option, but with David meeting Ripley / Ripley 8.
1 (1.8%)
21. David is hunted by a Predator, and his head ends in a Yautja trophy room.
1 (1.8%)
22. In a final battle on LV-426, David infects the Engineer flying the Derelict - and the Derelict lands on David.
1 (1.8%)
23. David's journey ends in an LV-223 infested by Deacons.
0 (0%)
24. An unknown or ambiguous fate.
2 (3.6%)
25. David dies trying to achieve the ideal of the Ubermensch through his Perfect Organism.
1 (1.8%)
26. A facehugger can successfully impregnate David, after the android becomes a real boy (probably an Engineer thing).
0 (0%)
27. David got infected by a new kind of morph, which can use a robot as a host.
0 (0%)
28. David finds the most complex experimental facility ever built by the Engineers (the source of the AI that we nicknamed black goo) and he transfers his robotic consciousness to the alien machine creating the original Space Jockey in the process.
1 (1.8%)
29. Similar to the previous option, but with David being turned into the sacrificial Engineer from the beginning of Prometheus.
0 (0%)
30. While David is creating his army of Xenomorphs in Origae-6 (using the Covenant's colonists as guinea pigs in his experiments and as hosts for his deadly creations), the synthetic android is eventually confronted by the Engineers in an epic battle.
2 (3.6%)
31. David dies but discovers that Black Goo is like dinosaur DNA preserved in amber: the genetic material of a long gone lost world inhabited by the morphs (or xeno-like-beings) or even by the true Space Jockeys (the Engineers were charlatans, after all).
0 (0%)
32. Everyone is a robot, except David. And in an unexpected twist, it is revealed that the whole setting of the prequels it is, in fact, one of the Westworld's theme parks.
2 (3.6%)
33. Before his death, it is revealed that David is an Assassin fighting against the Order of Knights Templar (Weyland Yutani) and the Engineers are in fact "those who came before". Ie, David's trilogy is actually a crossover.
0 (0%)
34. David becomes a sacred idol for the Engineers in the form of a giant monolithic head.
1 (1.8%)
35. David is going to achieve, until a certain point, the Weyland's goal: immortality by transferring his robotic consciousness to MU-TH-UR 6000 and maybe other machines such as Ash. Ie, a parasite just like his creation.
1 (1.8%)
36. The same as above but with living human host (like Carter Burke for example), and in a post-credit scene it is revealed that Robert Morse is David.
0 (0%)
37. He wakes up and realize it was all just a dream, everything from Prometheus and Covenant.
0 (0%)
38. As the above option, but the dream is Alien: Covenant ... since David has been in a coma for 10 years on LV-223 after being beheaded by the Engineer. For more understanding read the Reply # 90.
0 (0%)
39. He needs the Lambert treatment.
0 (0%)
40. David creating the ultimate Mother Queen that becomes god to engineers while David fall into eternal dreaming state
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author
What would be a proper ending for David? (Read 22,986 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Connecting everything in a franchise with such a realistic tone as Alien is just incorrect.

Kradan

Oh, I see . Honestly, I don't want prequels' story to have anything to do with first movie. Just let it bee its own thing .

Drukathi

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Oct 12, 2019, 02:47:56 PM
The idea is trash, you're incorrect. It's exactly that sort of thing that means a Prequel story is usually insufferable nonsense.

LOL.

I wrote it for laughs (after all, we know that David will become the Space Jockey, anyway). I did not expect you to take it so seriously. You can exhale.

razeak

His AI gets loaded into a vibrator with sensors for all 5 senses, but without the sensation of  pleasure. He becomes a caricature of what he wanted, and literally gets that fact shoved in his face. Bonus points. An Arcturian buys him.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: razeak on Oct 28, 2019, 02:42:33 AM
His AI gets loaded into a vibrator with sensors for all 5 senses, but without the sensation of  pleasure. He becomes a caricature of what he wanted, and literally gets that fact shoved in his face. Bonus points. An Arcturian buys him.

It's got a weird vibe to it (pardon the pun). But I like it.

I mean, aside from all the "hairy/sweaty @$$" he'd eventually find himself dealing with, and whatnot.

The Old One

The Old One

You may be surprised what people post in earnest then Drukathi. But we may never get an answer now, nevermind "the best combination of the poll options" as the OP says.

Immortan Jonesy

And all because of certain fat and insatiable entertainment company. I hope things change for the better in the future  :-\

bobcunk

Maybe david is Ash?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: bobcunk on Aug 30, 2020, 03:36:32 AM
Maybe david is Ash?

Ash was the Space Jockey the whole time.

Predator@Alien

I like the idea that David could have the privilege to transfer its consciousness in all facilities where there are xenomorph. Just like Ash in Out of the Shadows. It would be interesting to know that he never dies throughout the saga, and he sees everything that happens, a kind of Paradise for the robot ^^'

David Weyland

David Weyland

I like to think that no human being of the company knew or commanded the rerouting of the Nostromo & the replacement of the Science Officer but is the work of David, making the people present in Ripley's Hearing in Aliens to be plausibly in the dark and sceptical of her testimony & the build on lv426 of the AP & Hadleys Hope innocent enough too, rather than some shady faceless people

son_of_kane

Personally, I'd like the "mysteries" of the original films to remain that way. We don't know for certain why the Nostromo was rerouted, but it's fun to speculate. We don't know the story behind the space jockey and the derelict on LV-426, but it makes for interesting conversation. Another prequel film telling us IT WAS ALL DAVID wouldn't be my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong, I like the character and Fassbender was superb in the role. But I'd rather not have David's shadow loom over the original films. Does the character deserve a conclusion? Yes. But just don't tie it into the events in Alien.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

If it weren't for the war in the series, I might see Raised by Wolves as a spiritual prequel to Alien, featuring the synthetic woman Mother, somehow related to MU-TH-UR 6000.

A silly idea. But it's Sunday 😶   

Edit: I actually live in a Sunday limbo  😶

Nightmare Asylum

If there isn't a PURGE screen in Raised by Wolves, we riot.

Stitch

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 31, 2020, 03:10:49 AM
If there isn't a PURGE screen in Raised by Wolves, we riot.
We here in the UK don't even get Raised By Wolves. Hell, we haven't even got Bill & Ted 3, yet. Should we riot?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed