So, is David unique, or are there several of him?

Started by bobby brown, May 02, 2018, 07:40:58 AM

Author
So, is David unique, or are there several of him? (Read 7,283 times)

bobby brown

As the title says, Is David special or are the other Davids just as omnipotent as him?

You guys remember the viral video of David 8 series, I always believed he was just one of those.

David bioengineered a lifeform by HAND on a pretty much barren world. His mind ought to be limitless in potential, What else could he create if his masters told him to? Limitless energy? faster than light travel? a cure for baldness?

Side note, Davids uncanny ability to bioengineer maybe was a special skill Weyland had installed in him, in order to concoct whatever that life-extending solution he was searching for.

SM

I think the David we're familiar with is a custom job, but was what the David models (Walter mentions 'models') were based on.

Baron Von Marlon

I was wondering that as well.
I do hope there are others out there.

Huggs

Well, from what we heard from Walter, the David line was unique to androids, and I'd say David's personal experiences make him unique to the David line. Unless of course, one of his earth-bound counterparts worked at a landfill and bioengineered/controlled a larger and more aggressive form of rodent. With he and his creatures bent on taking over the city. Perhaps all the David's went nuts like our David. Maybe somewhere out there, a David is sitting inside a maintenance closet with an old printer, some playdoh,  and rubber ducky on the bench saying, "Big things have small beginnings".

MU-TH-UR 6000

Quote from: Huggs on May 02, 2018, 03:13:49 PM
Well, from what we heard from Walter, the David line was unique to androids, and I'd say David's personal experiences make him unique to the David line. Unless of course, one of his earth-bound counterparts worked at a landfill and bioengineered/controlled a larger and more aggressive form of rodent. With he and his creatures bent on taking over the city. Perhaps all the David's went nuts like our David. Maybe somewhere out there, a David is sitting inside a maintenance closet with an old printer, some playdoh,  and rubber ducky on the bench saying, "Big things have small beginnings".

Yeah, I pretty much see the David we know as Weyland's own little project but the David line of robots existed but was short-lived since they shared some of the worse characteristics we know from him. Cue in the new branding and naming with Walter to erase the idiosyncrasies of the David series.

Scorpio

The line "You disturbed people", you see that in the opening scene, Weyland is clearly disturbed by David.  So they made the next model, Walter.

This is only for Weyland ships.  First one was the Prometheus, the next is the Covenant.  So they built one android (David) for the Prometheus mission and one android (Walter) for the Covenant mission.

bobby brown

Not sure on that tough.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Scorpio on May 02, 2018, 07:55:48 PM
The line "You disturbed people", you see that in the opening scene, Weyland is clearly disturbed by David.  So they made the next model, Walter.

This is only for Weyland ships.  First one was the Prometheus, the next is the Covenant.  So they built one android (David) for the Prometheus mission and one android (Walter) for the Covenant mission.

If Weyland is disturbed by him, why keep David around for the rest of his life? Why bring him along on the mission of a lifetime?
If David's built for the Prometheus mission, how come he was build decades earlier before the mission existed?

SM

He didn't disturb Weyland because both of them knew the score.

Scorpio

He may have known the score, but more than one of him, that's doubling down on the disturbing part.

QuoteIf Weyland is disturbed by him, why keep David around for the rest of his life? Why bring him along on the mission of a lifetime?

Weyland is a superstitious man.

QuoteIf David's built for the Prometheus mission, how come he was build decades earlier before the mission existed?

"The question of the ages...
Which I hope you and I
will answer one day."

"There must be more.
And you and I, son...
We will find it."

Highland

David is broken, he wasn't designed to turn into a murderer.

OpenMaw

Based on the viral ads for Prometheus I always got the impression that David was mass produced, just as Walter was mass produced. Why would they make a corporate commercial for a product (David) if they were only ever intent on making one David model? Plus, they do show two David's playing chess.

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 03, 2018, 11:13:57 PM
Based on the viral ads for Prometheus I always got the impression that David was mass produced, just as Walter was mass produced. Why would they make a corporate commercial for a product (David) if they were only ever intent on making one David model? Plus, they do show two David's playing chess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvXKN5Fz_OE

Exactly. When Walter says "you" he is referring to the product line or generation.

Scorpio

There might be millions of Davids and Walters, but it's irrelevant to the story.  The story only focuses on one David, well two if you count Walter.  If the sequel does show more Davids, it depends how they work it into the story.

Huggs

Quote from: Scorpio on May 03, 2018, 11:35:45 PM
There might be millions of Davids and Walters, but it's irrelevant to the story.  The story only focuses on one David, well two if you count Walter.  If the sequel does show more Davids, it depends how they work it into the story.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/50/0c/ac/500cacec1b256d8b5956f8db98088111--agent-smith-matrix-revolutions.jpg

I imagine a "join me brothers" scenario. Except, unlike Walter, they might take him up on it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed