Visual and weapons of the hunters in The Predator

Started by Latin_Hunter, Apr 22, 2018, 04:50:19 PM

Author
Visual and weapons of the hunters in The Predator (Read 3,203 times)

ThePredatorUK

Quote from: Xerxész on May 03, 2018, 05:08:32 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 23, 2018, 12:28:14 PM
Spoiler
do you think the plasmacaster rory have will be as described in the script ? A "tiny" canon that comes out of the bio helmet directly ? Isn't it a little weird ? Or is it just a new version of the plasmacaster ? This had my attention the moment i read it... Oh and did you like this new concept ?
[close]

Spoiler
I'm afraid it will be in the movie...because it is an "innovation". :( But I don't like it.

Anyway I hate the whole idea that a kid has the mask and the gauntlet...he even fires with the caster and he controls a Predator spaceship. How could such a stupid idea come out from Shane's brain?

And if plasmacasters...the script does not mention anywhere the iconic laser targeting...the 3 points.
[close]
I think that's was Dekkers script before Shane got involved and there's a scene with the laser described in the trailer

funk_master_chunk

The laser scene in the CinemaCon tweets wasn't mentioned in the script, I don't think. (Unless I've missed it?)

So I live in hope that the re-shoots have changed a few bits and bobs. Well, a lot of bits and bobs, actually.

Xerxész

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on May 03, 2018, 08:59:55 PM
The laser scene in the CinemaCon tweets wasn't mentioned in the script, I don't think.

The linked tweets in the article posted on the main page do not contain any comments regarding the laser.
Where did you read that?

Anyway, no laser-targeting scenes mentioned in the script, so you have not missed anything.

skull-splitter

Quote from: ThePredatorUK on May 03, 2018, 08:50:16 PM
Quote from: Xerxész on May 03, 2018, 05:08:32 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 23, 2018, 12:28:14 PM
Spoiler
do you think the plasmacaster rory have will be as described in the script ? A "tiny" canon that comes out of the bio helmet directly ? Isn't it a little weird ? Or is it just a new version of the plasmacaster ? This had my attention the moment i read it... Oh and did you like this new concept ?
[close]

Spoiler
I'm afraid it will be in the movie...because it is an "innovation". :( But I don't like it.

Anyway I hate the whole idea that a kid has the mask and the gauntlet...he even fires with the caster and he controls a Predator spaceship. How could such a stupid idea come out from Shane's brain?

And if plasmacasters...the script does not mention anywhere the iconic laser targeting...the 3 points.
[close]
I think that's was Dekkers script before Shane got involved and there's a scene with the laser described in the trailer
Remember Adrian Brody covered in lasers in the Predators trailer?

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: Xerxész on May 04, 2018, 06:54:55 AM
Quote from: funk_master_chunk on May 03, 2018, 08:59:55 PM
The laser scene in the CinemaCon tweets wasn't mentioned in the script, I don't think.

The linked tweets in the article posted on the main page do not contain any comments regarding the laser.
Where did you read that?

Anyway, no laser-targeting scenes mentioned in the script, so you have not missed anything.

There was a tweet from CinemaCon which said the dots appeared on the kid and Olivia Munn stepped in front of him and the dots moved to her.

Think I posted it in another thread here.

EDIT:

Yeah, here:

https://twitter.com/EricVespe/status/989568490024583168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avpgalaxy.net%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Dprofile%3Barea%3Dshowposts%3Bu%3D24436

BigDaddyJohn

Tiny stuff like this can totally be added afterwards, and doesn't necessarily have to be written in the script.

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 04, 2018, 11:56:25 AM
Tiny stuff like this can totally be added afterwards, and doesn't necessarily have to be written in the script.

Very true, but IIRC:

Spoiler

the Upgrade doesn't have a Plasmacaster or Biomask, does it? (Or did I read that wrong?), so this can only be the Captured Pred encounter. Which would be one million times better than when Munn's character was introduced in the script. (It turns it's head sideways and 'smiles at her'... NO THANK YOU!)

Taking this as a sign that the re-shoots have been substantial - which could only ever be a good thing, IMO.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on May 04, 2018, 01:49:48 PM

Very true, but IIRC:

Spoiler

the Upgrade doesn't have a Plasmacaster or Biomask, does it? (Or did I read that wrong?), so this can only be the Captured Pred encounter. Which would be one million times better than when Munn's character was introduced in the script. (It turns it's head sideways and 'smiles at her'... NO THANK YOU!)

Taking this as a sign that the re-shoots have been substantial - which could only ever be a good thing, IMO.
[close]

I agree, it's probably not the upgrade. And for the smile, well f**k that  :laugh:

Maybe some sort of alien-esque grin, i don't know... Well, no no no  ;D

Xerxész

Xerxész

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, because the Upgrade has some kind of ion-cannon on his gauntlet...which seems to be more powerful than a plasmacaster.
[close]

I think that laser dot scene is not when Casey (Olivia Munn)
Spoiler
first meets the Captured.
[close]
It could be later in the film somewhere around Rory's house, I think.

Latin_Hunter

Two weapons that are essential for a Predator movie: the Shuriken and the Spear.

I'm hoping that the captured Predator mask has a new design, they need to innovate in this segment in the character.

Wysps

Very true, but IIRC:

Spoiler

[close]

One can only hope  :-\ Though technically little stuff like this can be added anywhere in the final product. Crossing my fingers that they've replaced some of the more bigger scenes during the reshoot - and maybe this is one of them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed