The shower scene is just like Friday the 13th, except it's not

Started by Scorpio, Jan 31, 2018, 06:21:53 AM

Author
The shower scene is just like Friday the 13th, except it's not (Read 5,714 times)

Highland

Scorpio the best in the business by far and I've been on a lot of forums!

Felt it was in there just to cut to the chase. I would have personally preferred the classic cat and mouse to get rid of the two characters that nobody can remember.

SM

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 01, 2018, 12:52:34 AM
I thought the scene was okay but it could have been a real chance to be a scary or unerving scene. Unfortunatly it felt rushed and was over in a flash.

Also i think the set up with the music being loud enough to drown out mothers warnings was contrived.

It was an enjoyable alien moment but was a bit of a missed oppprtunity.

Might've been an opportunity to have one of them killed and the other lose their shit.

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, while I love the mix of blood splatter, pouring water, and shattering glass, I do wish the scene was longer. Maybe have Upworth run away as the alien chases her?

Highland

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 01, 2018, 01:49:25 AM
Yeah, while I love the mix of blood splatter, pouring water, and shattering glass, I do wish the scene was longer. Maybe have Upworth run away as the alien chases her?

The Alien 100% needed to stalk someone down on the ship, with perhaps even David witnessing it. It really serves no purpose other than to finish the movie off.

Scorpio

Quote from: Highland on Feb 01, 2018, 01:23:16 AM
Scorpio the best in the business by far and I've been on a lot of forums!

whiterabbit

Quote from: Highland on Feb 01, 2018, 01:58:31 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 01, 2018, 01:49:25 AM

The Alien 100% needed to stalk someone down on the ship, with perhaps even David witnessing it. It really serves no purpose other than to finish the movie off.
Yea, there wasn't much stalking at all. Although that is probably because of the fact that there was two Aliens on top of two Neo's.

ChrisPachi

The problem with the scene is that nobody gives a single f**k about the people in the shower.

Gash

Not that much of a problem then.

Wweyland

I actually forgot there were these people on the ship. It doesn't help that it's confusing where the Alien came from, the 5 second facehug is an issue.

Scorpio

Every film has disposable 'characters':

*The background marines in Aliens
*The prisoners in Alien 3
*The USM soldiers
*Some of the Prometheus crew

Except for Alien because that has a small cast.

Olde

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 03, 2018, 02:56:10 AM
Every film has disposable 'characters':

*The background marines in Aliens
*The prisoners in Alien 3
*The USM soldiers
*Some of the Prometheus crew

Except for Alien because that has a small cast.
You forgot Lambert.

Spoiler
I kid, I kid.
[close]

kwisatz

Crew expendable, wussies!

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Gash on Feb 02, 2018, 06:04:25 PMNot that much of a problem then.

Not if it was intended to be a mindlessly gratuitous slasher flick, no.

Scorpio

If the shower scene wasn't there, we would only see the alien kill one person, and that would not satisfy people, and the complaints would be tenfold.

SiL

Or those same people could have died a different way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed