Death Stranding (Kojima video game)

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Dec 08, 2017, 10:58:36 PM

Author
Death Stranding (Kojima video game) (Read 15,697 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Developed by Kojima Productions, Death Stranding is a game set in an open world with elements of science fiction, action, horror, surrealism, colossal monsters, and more. I'm not sure if a thread already exists, but here you go:

Jacku

Jacku

Getting excited for this. I'm guessing it's third person?

Here's the second trailer for anyone who missed it. I like those skeleton soldiers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CAQtl11vQY

Sabby

Sabby

I'm calling it now, the game is about The Big Crunch Theory.

JokersWarPig

This game looks like a trip.

Sabby

Sabby

Linking to IGN makes my skin crawl, but they interviewed him.

QuotePartway through the latest clip from Death Stranding, Sam (played by Norman Reedus) watches as an explosion engulfs the giant, Lovecraftian-kaiju that projects through the fog. Suddenly we see an upside-down world submerged in water, where Sam exists among the flotsam and jetsam of the universe around him.

QuoteFrom the sound of it, this is where Sam, and the player, go every time they die. But don't make the mistake of calling this "game over." When you die in Death Stranding, you're transported to this purgatory, where you're free to explore in first-person. Because of some mysterious "unique" abilities Sam possesses, you can wander outside of your body, recovering items among other things. As Kojima explains, "At that point, you're not dead or alive. It's the equivalent of that screen that says 'Continue?' and a counter ticking down towards zero."

QuoteIn the most recent trailer, you might've noticed a mystical, unnerving rain that seems to have the ability to manipulate time. It makes plants grow and wilt the second a droplet hits them, and it makes a human body age and deteriorate in a matter of seconds. That rain, which is not of this world, is called "Timefall," and it is an integral part of Death Stranding's story and lore.

hfeldhaus

This is the kind of thing I wanted for Prometheus and it's sequel. This seems massive in scale.

reecebomb

Loving what I'm seeing so far, this kind of approach is desperately needed in big budget gaming and especially Hollywood.

Deathbearer

Are we even sure it's actually a game?

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Deathbearer on Dec 16, 2017, 06:55:05 PM

Well, it is Kojima...

Naissus

Quote from: Sabby on Dec 17, 2017, 03:31:56 PM

Well, it is Kojima...

So its a 10 hour game with 30 minutes of playing time...

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Naissus on Dec 17, 2017, 04:39:23 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Dec 17, 2017, 03:31:56 PM

Well, it is Kojima...

So its a 10 hour game with 30 minutes of playing time...

I've never actually realized that until now  :laugh:

BigDaddyJohn

Okay... I love Kojima, i have done all the MGS and it's my favorite video game saga of all time... But too much weirdness kills it for me at one point... I'll try to stay open minded but it seems too over the top each time we see something about this game, and it kind of get on my nerves seeing Kojima resort to using this weirdness techniques almost all the time... Just so people can say "ohh it's Kojima, it looks so deep and intelligent blah blah..."

Jacku

Jacku

This guy does a fair bit of coverage on the game with good info.

Hemi

Hemi

I like this... It's weird, but feels good. Kinda like XTC. XD

Immortan Jonesy

There is a synopsis on the official site

QuoteSam Bridges must brave a world utterly transformed by the Death Stranding. Carrying the stranded remnants of the future in his hands, Sam embarks on a journey to reunite the shattered world one step at a time. What is the mystery of the Death Stranding? What will Sam discover on the road ahead? A genre defining gameplay experience holds these answers and more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed