Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 245,460 times)

SM

Quote from: PierreVW on Dec 05, 2017, 02:44:40 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 05, 2017, 02:00:49 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Dec 05, 2017, 01:22:58 AM
They also say things like Fans should have more influence in making the movies and when that happens you get things like AvP-R and A:CM.

It does make sense to remake Aliens (from a purely financial standpoint) because Aliens is the most popular film, even though Aliens is itself a remake of Alien just with more action.

Prometheus and The Martian made a lot more money than Aliens and Alien.

Maybe, Ridley Scott needs to make an original and huge Sci-Fi with some Aliens/Alien in it.

Adjusted for inflation and ratio of budget to box office, I think you'll find Alien and Aliens ahead of Prometheus.

QuoteHonestly I would have rather had been left waiting until the third prequel film to see an Alien. I think the first two prequel films would have been accepted way more if they had not forced the Alien into it, and instead let it just progress. I think that's what Scott wanted but FOX forced him to do otherwise.

Imagine if they had followed that route and then we finally see the Alien in this next installment, people would be ecstatic, I feel pumped up just thinking about that...but of course none of that happened...

Or we may have never got to a third film.

0321recon

Quote from: DerelictShip on Dec 05, 2017, 03:10:26 AM
Honestly I would have rather had been left waiting until the third prequel film to see an Alien. I think the first two prequel films would have been accepted way more if they had not forced the Alien into it, and instead let it just progress. I think that's what Scott wanted but FOX forced him to do otherwise.

Imagine if they had followed that route and then we finally see the Alien in this next installment, people would be ecstatic, I feel pumped up just thinking about that...but of course none of that happened...

That's how imagined the prequel trilogy ending with David and Shaw discovering the engineers created the Xenos as dark angels to clean up unruly worlds. An engineer having pity on them helps them escape from a swarm of xenos unleashed by the ruling engineers when a queen facehugger attacks the engineer, and impregnates him. They escape on the juggernaut though in the process, he chestbursts and crashes on LV-426 fatally wounding Shaw and destroying David akin to Bishop in Alien3. The last thing Shaw does is sends the warning that is found in Alien. Though, like you said, that's not what we got.  :'(

DerelictShip

I think either way it would have come to a third film, probably would have just taken longer...and then again Scott gets what Scott wants...

PierreVW

Quote from: DerelictShip on Dec 05, 2017, 03:50:03 AM
I think either way it would have come to a third film, probably would have just taken longer...and then again Scott gets what Scott wants...

That would have been better for everyone.

Baron Von Marlon

This could still work out well when done right.

Start with Engineers so we get a little more info about them.
When they discover Walter, we could get more info about the planet they're on, and their culture.
A discussion between Walter and the Engineers about humans and AI could give us insights about their thoughts on creation.
Then at Origae 6 we get to David and the AI gone mad aspect.
Ending with a sweet battle involving plenty of xenos.

windebieste

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 05, 2017, 02:00:49 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Dec 05, 2017, 01:22:58 AM
They also say things like Fans should have more influence in making the movies and when that happens you get things like AvP-R and A:CM.

It does make sense to remake Aliens (from a purely financial standpoint) because Aliens is the most popular film, even though Aliens is itself a remake of Alien just with more action.

It doesn't even have to be a remake - but what else is Scott going to do with a colony ship full of 2000 Aliens..?  I mean, aside from canon fodder.  This is where it's heading.  Sure, he's going on about AI being most important element of the new movie - he made similar claims about AI out of control in 'ALIEN: Covenant' at one point.

I think we'll see a solid return to Aliens vs Colonial Military/Security in the next movie.  Scott keeps saying this is Epic.  It's clearly not over by a long shot. 

2 more movies?  Easy.  Especially if the next ALIEN movie embraces firepower vs an infestation controlled by an AI.  If it works out, a 2nd movie is all but guaranteed. 

Scott's idea of Epic expands well beyond what some fans comprehend.  There are some really short sighted people in this community that border on bigotry in the form of 'Cameronism' and can't see beyond 1986.  They need to move on. 

Think of it this way.  'PROMETHEUS' was a prelude. It has all the qualities of one.  It lays the basic grounding for upcoming chapters.  It introduces themes and elements that will have greater significance in later installments.  'ALIEN: Covenant' is Chapter One.  It has all the strengths and weaknesses of a first chapter.  It brings the major character into play, sets up the major narrative situation and has an obvious lead into...

You guessed it... Chapter Two.  Of course we know nothing about the next movie but who ever heard of any work that just finished at the end of Chapter Two..?  Chapters Three and Four are definitely on the cards.  Maybe 'ALIEN' will ultimately serve as an epilogue?  Who knows..?

No one here does.  That's the only certainty at the moment - but these movies are definitely part of a much greater Whole - and we've only seen the first 2 parts.  It's not possible to judge what the entire finished Epic will be like.  No one here is in a position to make claims but simply saying 'We need to return to old school 'ALIEN' and 'ALIENS' is only part of the answer.

And honestly, that's not how modern popular cinema works any more. 

-Windebieste.

Alionic

There IS going to be ALIENS in the sequel you crybabies, goddamn. Did you not see the facehuggers David had at the end of Covenant?

Scott is most likely talking about how David is going to try to wipe out Earth and any remaining Engineers with the ALIEN, which explains the 'dangerous AI' stuff in that article. That said, I hope David makes other creepy creatures in addition to the ALIEN.

SM

Did you not see Shaw at the end of Prometheus doing her speech about searching and stuff?

Alionic

Quote from: SM on Dec 05, 2017, 04:54:39 AM
Did you not see Shaw at the end of Prometheus doing her speech about searching and stuff?

Did you not see the Alien-like creature at the end of Prometheus which came from a giant facehugger?

bb-15

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 05, 2017, 12:51:36 AM
Looking forward to what Scott is offering.

This series needed a kick in the pants to shake off the dust and over used tropes. 

So far, Scott has done just that.

Keep on kicking, Sir Scott.  Love your work.

-Windebieste.

Yeah, this is pretty much where I'm at.
Most of the mass audience has a tough time knowing what they like until they can emotionally react in a theater.
I'm not a filmmaker. I've studied movies but in no way could I write/make Ridley's science fiction.

I want another Alien movie. I've had great experiences seeing all the Alien films when released.
If Ridley can do another one, I'll be in line to watch it.

;)

Highland

Quote from: SM on Dec 05, 2017, 01:12:18 AM
They made Prometheus and people say 'Where are the Aliens?'
They made Covenant and people say 'Where are the Engineers?'
Fans say for years they want a story with no Aliens and just about the Company.  'Alien Covenant Origins' comes out and fans say they don't want that either.

Not having the Alien in it wasn't really the criticism, it was all the vague unresolved plot points. Where's the Engineers was a natural reaction after spending and entire first movie explaining the Engineers then wiping them out.

Now making a third movie without an Alien in it after just spending the second movie telling us what the Alien was....

I dunno how you wouldn't expect people to be slightly offside.

Alionic

Quote from: Highland on Dec 05, 2017, 05:30:34 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 05, 2017, 01:12:18 AM
They made Prometheus and people say 'Where are the Aliens?'
They made Covenant and people say 'Where are the Engineers?'
Fans say for years they want a story with no Aliens and just about the Company.  'Alien Covenant Origins' comes out and fans say they don't want that either.

Not having the Alien in it wasn't really the criticism, it was all the vague unresolved plot points.

Oh, but enough about the Alien movie that hit theaters in 1979.

SM

SM

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 05, 2017, 04:56:10 AM

Did you not see the Alien-like creature at the end of Prometheus which came from a giant facehugger?

Precisely.

QuoteNot having the Alien in it wasn't really the criticism

It was one of the criticisms and they sought to address it.

skhellter

The next film needs to clean up and finish the David plot.

It most likely wont do very well at the box office.

There's no central shared hero character to these prequels
and killing Daniels off will most likely just lead
to people giving even less of a f**k about the next film.

Highland

Quote from: SM on Dec 05, 2017, 05:44:57 AM
Quote from: Alionic on Dec 05, 2017, 04:56:10 AM

Precisely.

QuoteNot having the Alien in it wasn't really the criticism

It was one of the criticisms and they sought to address it.

So to fix that they are going back to what the they got criticised for in the first place.

All a bit strange.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed