Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 245,379 times)

Perfect-Organism

Nah, despite everything, I say give Ridley another go.  I am partly hopeful for a true revelation, and partly can't look away from a train wreck, so count me in, for more Ridley goodness, badness, or whatever he has in store...

Baron Von Marlon

How long should we wait before starting some kind of campaign? Emails, letters, drawings,...
I wouldn't chipping in to hire a small plane with some banner.

tleilaxu

Ridley is the only director who would have done this. Covenant is by far the most inspiring, uplifting and triumphant Alien movie. It's a movie about creation and somehow I think the majority of its detractors still don't quite understand that.

SiL

Everyone gets it. It's repeated throughout the film. It's not the least bit subtle.

The majority of detractors just don't like the film. It's almost like they have opinions of their own or something.

PsyKore

Quote from: sirgiodecaramelot on Jun 14, 2018, 02:45:41 PM
Scott has gotten into a tangle so big that he does not know how to get out of it? Bullshit He never had a plan, he just wanted to steal the saga from James Cameron. It is not so difficult to understand, or to find a good idea that justifies everything.

He has a plan; it's just not one you like. And it doesn't need justifying. Besides, having a plan is good, but there's a lot more factors involved with the movie industry which affects the outcome.

SM

Quote from: tleilaxu on Jun 14, 2018, 11:21:09 PM
Ridley is the only director who would have done this. Covenant is by far the most inspiring, uplifting and triumphant Alien movie. It's a movie about creation and somehow I think the majority of its detractors still don't quite understand that.

Everyone understood it.

Perhaps they just don't care for creation by the bad guy that results in the destruction of the good guys?

The Old One

The Old One

That part of the film is something I adore tbh

OpenMaw

Quote from: PsyKore on Jun 14, 2018, 11:48:11 PM
He has a plan; it's just not one you like. And it doesn't need justifying. Besides, having a plan is good, but there's a lot more factors involved with the movie industry which affects the outcome.

Yeah, he really clearly doesn't though. He's waffled hardcore before, during, and after each of these films as to what he wants to do and where he wants to take it, and Covenant VERY CLEARLY torpedos a lot of what went on in Prometheus.

Quote from: SM on Jun 14, 2018, 11:50:34 PM
Everyone understood it.

Perhaps they just don't care for creation by the bad guy that results in the destruction of the good guys?

Personally I just hate the whole f**king creation myth aspect in it's entirety and it has no business being in my alien movie. It's like Pinneapple on pizza,  or wearing white after labor day.

SM

Did not like the ending.

Or pineapple on pizza.

SiL

I didn't like the ending but I love pineapple on pizza.

The Old One

The Old One

"Don't let the bed bugs bite."

Is the best ending to an Alien film.

SM

That was 'Exactly what I'm going to do to you' level moustache twirling.

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 15, 2018, 12:03:56 AM
"Don't let the bed bugs bite."

Is the best ending to an Alien film.

I mean, okay.

I honestly thought Alien and Alien 3 had far stronger endings. Alien ends with a mystery, just an air of romance, and a whole lot of relieved tension. Alien 3 is bittersweet, strangely optimistic, and a great button for a great trilogy.

Quote from: SM on Jun 15, 2018, 12:08:27 AM
That was 'Exactly what I'm going to do to you' level moustache twirling.

Or as I like to call it, character assassination. Jesus that scene ruined David for me. I so wanted Walter to Rip his head back off and beat his body to a pulp. "YEAH! F**K HIM UP WALTER! YEAHHH!!!" *Cue X-men cartoon theme*

The Old One

The Old One

Yep, Alien has a good ending, A3 has a fantastic ending. But I have the most fun with Covenants'.

David is what makes Covenant worthwhile of course.

PsyKore

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 14, 2018, 11:58:01 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Jun 14, 2018, 11:48:11 PM

Yeah, he really clearly doesn't though. He's waffled hardcore before, during, and after each of these films as to what he wants to do and where he wants to take it, and Covenant VERY CLEARLY torpedos a lot of what went on in Prometheus.

Yeah, he does waffle on now and then but that doesn't mean he hasn't got a plan or a proper direction in mind. Reactions to his films do clearly affect where things go in the future however.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed