Primal Projam Modification (PPM) - AvP2

Started by x-M-x, Oct 13, 2017, 12:47:19 PM

Author
Primal Projam Modification (PPM) - AvP2 (Read 5,857 times)

Agonisus

Agonisus

Welcome, Mr. Grizzly! Hope you liked that test build of Projam 5.  I think it's looking real shiny so far!

I wanted to post a quick screenshot of Red's progress with the new Predalien dreadlocks and crown. This model is not textured yet but it paints a pretty picture of how the Predalien's new head will appear in game.

Added working APC front and top turrets that track and fire upon moving Alien or Predators
within 60 feet. These turrets will only effect closed APCs so prop models with open passenger
doors will not function.

For an example video, please see the following link for a test fire scenario.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7bz5flvr37dbhe/NEW%20APC%20AI.wmv?dl=0

IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI

I love this mod, I want to be part of the team.

Agonisus

Agonisus

The Projam Team has all the developers it needs, brother. We've got a modeller, a skinner and I do the rest (coding, sound FX, visual FX, etc) We appreciate the enthusiasm though!

On a separate note; I have redone the Marine intro music to provide a more Aliens movie-esque feel. Ignore the yellow exosuit. That's just what I use as a personal skin. PJ5 will have high the same exosuit skin as Primal PROJAM. Please click the link to see the new PROJAM 5 Marine intro: https://www.dropbox.com/s/01b1j7mjm10bg0q/MARINE%20INTRO.wmv?dl=0

I have also re-done the Predator intro music. Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2epn7czx8s8hsu/PREDATOR%20INTRO.wmv?dl=0

IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI

I'm a Good Photographer and I can take screenshots with you guys for showcasing skins/mods..what do you think?

Agonisus

Agonisus

I believe I have already answered that question, Prime. I would like to keep this thread on topic and continue with progress updates.

IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI

Anyways, I hope NEW Predator skins will come soon?

Agonisus

Agonisus

PJ5 and PP already have new skins but our mod uses only the ancient predator model as a base. As such it will not be compatible with any other predator or standard play unless its used on the standard ancient predator from Primal Hunt. To be more specific: No. There will not be any additional skins released.

IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI

Aw man..:( Wish i can make more, But i Can :)

Agonisus

Agonisus

Okay. I am just uploading and combining recent updates with some information from a couple previous posts. Please refresh this page to view the most up to date information:

Single player training messages have been modified to reflect the changes and focuses of weaponry
used by Marines and Predators in PROJAM 5. These messages only appear in Easy and Normal difficulty.

Corporate guard skins have been updated to appear as a much lighter armored version of the Iron Bear Mercenaries. This change seems to better fit the Corporate mercenary theme. These new guard skins also look very nice when patrolling both jungle terrain and interior pod buildings.

Increased human AI health and eliminated their armor variable. Mercenary guards have less health than more heavily armored Corporate Mercs and Marines. Human AI health scales by difficulty.

Increased human player armor maximum by 100 (total 200 now)
Fixed Runner skeleton's gib physics to be on par with the Drone.
(The Runner no longer explodes with the slightest touch)

The Marine's Pistol (PJ5 Only) no longer fires in an automatic mode, nor does it use secondary armor piercing rounds. The Pistol fires faster than the vanilla version, but uses .45 ACP rounds instead of 9mm. The Pistol is effective against human mercenary guards but far less effective against most other enemies.

The Pulse Rifle fires bullets that can gib, explode on impact and make short work of most targets. However. In order to maintain gameplay balance versus tougher targets such as an Exosuit, Predator, Praetorian and Queen, the Pulse Rifle's light armor piercing round will no longer be as effective against these enemies. Since the Minigun is no longer available, the Smartgun, SADAR, Exosuit Miniguns and Missile Launcher now fill the roles of 'heavy target penetrators'. Heavy targets will take 50% reduced damage from all other firearms. The Pulse Rifle and Smartgun also have new explosive impact visual effects to replace our older, outdated PROJAM 4.4 caseless impact effects.

Flamethrower maximum fuel capacity has been reduced by 50% but the area of effect has been increased by 150%. Take great care that you don't incinerate yourself. Use the Flamethrower in a back and forth sweep pattern across the ground about 8 to 12 feet in front of you for maximum effect against multiple targets at short range. So lay down a suppression fire with the incinerator and fall back to the APC, marine!

Fixed pickup butes to replace grenade launcher grenade spawns with pulse grenades.
Fixed pickup butes to replace rail gun ammo spawns with pulse rifle ammo.
Fixed pickup butes to replace minigun ammo spawns with smartgun ammo.

SADAR alternate fire now launches a long range, guided, multipurpose tactical nuke with a 0.072 kiloton warhead. This new rocket travels at 1/4 the speed of a traditional SADAR missle and has new sound, visual effects and damage variables. You can carry a maximumof 3 MPTN(s) at a time. The SADAR now forces the player to a walking pace. Use MPTN(s) with extreme caution and only against long range targets using the radar homing interface. The Primal PROJAM and PROJAM 5 SADAR targeting reticle has been revised to reflect these changes.

Added working APC front and top turrets that track and fire upon  enemies. These turrets will only effect closed APCs so prop models with open passenger doors will not function. There also needs to be an AI operator within the turret for this to work, so only APC's which are running have the capability to fire. If you approach an APC as an Alien or a Predator, and if you hear the engine's idle, you will be fired upon.

The APC's foward miniguns use the same sounds as the dual miniguns on the Exosuit, but fire caseless ammunition instead of conventional rounds. These miniguns will turn to target and fire upon targets within 60 feet.

The APC's big turret now fires mortar rounds at approximately 6 rounds per minute. These larger turrets will turn to target and fire upon targets within 600 feet. The APC's mortars have a slow traveling velocity. At greater distances, there will be more significant delays between the sound of the cannon firing and the impact explosion. The mortar cannons hurt. Try not to get blown up.

The APC also has new vehicle engine and general operation sounds complete with air breaks, suspension creaking, gravel crunching tires, etc. I also made new skins for the Marine and Ironbear APCs, which I did not mentionin the Primal PROJAM readme.

The Exosuit has a new tinted, bullet-resistant windshield, which now makes it impossible to
facehug or headbite the operator. The operator is also immune to nerve gas effects and has an
infinite oxygen supply - not that you will ever go swimming in an exosuit. You could survive a
space walk, though! Headshots no longer deal 10x damage to the operator because the operator's
head is no longer exposed to most* enemy attacks.

Aliens can no longer breathe indefinitely under water. They can hold their breath for approximately
twice as long as a human, and can swim significantly faster due to their long, rudder-like heads,
sleek shape and smooth, slick skin surface. Aliens evolve and adapt to their host's environment
during gestation, and as such, breathe oxygen like humans. Because they breathe, they're also
susceptible to debilitating effects of inhalable nerve gas.

The Predalien now has a new spiked head crest/crown with new dreadlocks sprouting out from the
sides of the head. We wanted to make the Predalien's head look a bit more like the AVP: Requiem
movie version. The Predalien does not receive the bullet resistant exoskeletal carapace like the
Praetorian and Queen, nor does it bear the light weight but highly durable armor plating worn by
it's host species. During AVP2's convict missions, the Predalien's hitpoints has also been reduced
from it's Primal PROJAM variant because Harrison is only equipped with a Pistol, and doesn't wear
any armor. If the Predalien were as powerful as we'd like him to be, Harrison would never progress
past this mission even on easy without using cheat codes.

The Predator's biomask is equipped with a re-breather allowing them to filter toxins in the air
and render him immune to the effects of nerve gas. However. They cannot filter water but can they
can hold their breath three times as long as a human. Due to their large statures and bulky armor,
they move slower that any other species while swimming under water.

The Predator's Wristblades (primary attack) no longer penetrate armor. This means that it deals half
damage to Praetorians and Queens. However - The secondary attack will penetrate their carapace and stun them for a short period of time. This makes it feasible to actually engage a Praetorian or Queen with honor, and with nothing more than a Wristblade and Shurikens. For those of you Elite Hunters who relish the opportunity to engage worthy prey in an honorable fight, this is the only way to fly. Or.. you can simply one shot either one with the Plasmacaster... Doesn't seem very challenging, does it?

IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI

Awesome!

KingKenny

Test played the mod. Lots of cool stuff.

What I liked the most were the raptor models. I think they need better heat vision textures though.

Agonisus

Agonisus

Alright. So I think it's pretty official that x-M-x's Discord server will be the new forum in which these updates are released. I don't have the link or the server information for that forum off hand. If anyone who does can provide it in a follow-up post to this one, it would be greatly appreciated.

Once again. This forum thread has been relocated to Discord. I will not be responding or posting any further updates on this thread.

@KingKenny - I've got a lot on my plate right now. You're a skinner, maybe you can contribute some heat textures for the Raptors? We'll credit you for the contribution. Up to you. I just have too much on my plate with PJ5 to work on that right now. Let me know on Discord?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Agonisus on Oct 28, 2017, 09:41:53 PM
Alright. So I think it's pretty official that x-M-x's Discord server will be the new forum in which these updates are released. I don't have the link or the server information for that forum off hand. If anyone who does can provide it in a follow-up post to this one, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=58754.0

Details of the Discord server for anyone interested.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed