AvPGalaxy Interviews Adam Johansen - Alien: Covenant's Creature Effects Supervisor

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 01, 2017, 09:55:25 AM

Author
AvPGalaxy Interviews Adam Johansen - Alien: Covenant's Creature Effects Supervisor (Read 659 times)

Corporal Hicks

The creature effects for Alien: Covenant were handled by a combination of two studios – Creatures Inc. Ltd and Odd Studio – that became collectively known as Odd Creatures. Alien vs. Predator Galaxy had the pleasure of talking to Adam Johansen, one of the co-founders of Odd Studio, who was the Creature Effects Supervisor for Alien: Covenant!

AvPGalaxy Interviews Adam Johansen - Alien: Covenant's Creature Effects Supervisor

Adam Johansen and other members of the creature effects ctrew at the Sydney premiere of Alien: Covenant.

AvPGalaxy – Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions, Adam! Before we go into Alien: Covenant, I’d just like to take a bit of time to talk about yourself. What led to your interest in monster making?

Adam Johansen – As a child, I was always obsessed with creatures, monsters, ghosts & folklore etc and films like Star Wars, The Dark Crystal, The Thing, Alien, Jaws, E.T., Gremlins etc had a huge impact on me. As long as I can remember, I was always making & drawing things and my parents tell me I had a very vivid imagination as a child.

AvPGalaxy – Alien: Covenant is the first time that Odd Studio has worked with Ridley Scott. How did your company become involved with Alien: Covenant?

Adam Johansen – Conor [O’Sullivan, owner of Creatures Inc. and creature design supervisor on Covenant] and I were admirers of each other's work and in September of 2015 we started corresponding via email. He was heading to Sydney and was keen to chat about a possible collaboration with Odd Studio on Alien: Covenant. We met and chatted and it quickly became apparent we could work well together. We also have a lot of mutual friends and colleagues both here and in the UK and a partnership seemed to make sense.

Click here to continue reading the interview!

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Covenant! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed