Is Walter a representation of a knight?

Started by Salt The Fries, Jul 20, 2017, 02:49:52 PM

Author
Is Walter a representation of a knight? (Read 8,613 times)

SM

SM

How does the film suggest "it's clear Walter chose to Reign in Hell"?

It's Walter's duty to protect.

Salt The Fries

It's probably what Scorpio chose to believe.

SM

SM

;D

PsyKore

Just before Daniels goes to cryosleep, she asks if he would help to build the cabin, but he doesn't know what she's talking about, so it's definitely David at the end. This is the proper reveal.

I think he also says "new security code David...." when accessing the colonists. But I need confirmation on that. However, he later uses Walter's code when reporting the log.

Scorpio

"Why would I help to build your cabin.  I serve David now, not you"

Walter's duty is to serve, not protect.

SM

SM

Quote from: PsyKore on Jul 21, 2017, 03:00:31 AM
Just before Daniels goes to cryosleep, she asks if he would help to build the cabin, but he doesn't know what she's talking about, so it's definitely David at the end. This is the proper reveal.

I think he also says "new security code David...." when accessing the colonists. But I need confirmation on that. However, he later uses Walter's code when reporting the log.

This is a transcript of the last bit.  May not be 100%.

Use security code David 73694-B.
Welcome. How may I help you?
How about some music, Mother?
Selection?
Richard Wagner. Das Rheingold, act II. The Entry of the Gods into Valhalla.
Yes, David. As you wish.
This is colony ship Covenant, reporting. All crew members apart from Daniels and Tennessee... Tragically perished in a solar flare incident. All colonists in hypersleep remain intact and undisturbed. On course for Origae-6. Hopefully this transmission will reach the network... and be relayed in 1.36 years. This is Walter, signing off. Security code, 31564-F.

(The 31564-F is the new code Walter sets at the start of the film).

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 21, 2017, 03:02:05 AM
"Why would I help to build your cabin.  I serve David now, not you"

Walter's duty is to serve, not protect.

Serve, protect.  Either/ or - but it pertains to the Covenant crew.  He sacrificed his hand protect Daniels.  Not a rogue droid seeking to harm her.

Scorpio

I'll wait for the blu-ray before taking that further.

QuoteThis is Walter, signing off. Security code, 31564-F.

(The 31564-F is the new code Walter sets at the start of the film).

So how would David have known that?

SM

SM

Quote from: SM on Jul 21, 2017, 02:36:43 AM
I don't think Walter defected, but David could've 'taken him over'.  David uses the access code at the end that Walter programs at the start of the film.

asil

David reveals his name and security code just to listen some music? Weird...

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Jul 21, 2017, 03:14:59 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 21, 2017, 02:36:43 AM
I don't think Walter defected, but David could've 'taken him over'.  David uses the access code at the end that Walter programs at the start of the film.

If David downloaded himself into Walter, it would've deleted Walter and all his memory. 

The theory just makes more and more sense the more I think about it.  Ridley Scott has pulled one over on the fans, thinking it was just a typical movie plot twist.

-Plenty of evidence that it's not David (the physical model at least) IE:  lack of scar where Daniels stabbed him
-No evidence to suggest David downloaded himself into Walter
-What was the point of all the David/Walter scenes if Walter was just going to be killed off?

It all adds up.  Deleted scenes should clarify this further.

windebieste

windebieste

Maybe Walter's hard disc is formated into a pair of C:\ partitions and he now has 2 operating systems installed - and all the android needs is a reboot and select either Walter or David from the boot menu.

After all, you can have multiple operating systems in a computer and they both access data on a third partition, D:\.  I don't see why androids can't behave the same way. 

lol.

-Windebieste.

Quote from: asil on Jul 21, 2017, 03:15:25 AM
David reveals his name and security code just to listen some music? Weird...

It's his victory march.  Victory over Weyland.  Victory over Humanity.  Victory at having escaped Paradise.  Victory at having the resources he now has at his disposal.  The fact he has chosen 'The March of the Gods into Valhalla' is also symbolic of him entering the colonists cryo containment chamber and he can now, in his twisted imagination, believe himself to be a God.

Man, there sure is some f**ked up shit going on inside his head.  lol.  The next movie will be madness!  ...on multiple levels.

-Windebieste.

SM

SM

QuoteIf David downloaded himself into Walter, it would've deleted Walter and all his memory. 

Why?

Quote-What was the point of all the David/Walter scenes if Walter was just going to be killed off?

How is that an argument?  What was the point of all the Oram, Karine, Lope, Faris, Ricks, Upworth scenes if they're just going to be killed off?  Or 99% of any characters in an Alien film?  Besides we don't know if Walter was killed off anyway.

QuoteIt all adds up.

When does Walter show any allegiance to David over Daniels?

asil

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 21, 2017, 04:15:20 AM
It's his victory march.  Victory over Weyland.  Victory over Humanity.  Victory at having escaped Paradise.

Yeah. It's beautiful scene really. Mother, ultimately becomes his servant.  "Escaped from Paradise..." is David's milestone. What's next? Can't wait

Highland

I actually thought the Blade Runner style ending would have been great, not knowing if it was Walter or David. I was preparing for that because I didn't think all the hints meant what they meant. I was wrong.

Also isn't there a possibility that David could just get the security codes from the same place he used his Security code, in other words all androids have access to the security codes.

SM

SM

I wouldn't have thought that would be terribly secure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed