Updating Old mod from 95 to 96

Started by TheGreatOne, Jul 12, 2017, 12:15:56 AM

Author
Updating Old mod from 95 to 96 (Read 878 times)

TheGreatOne

TheGreatOne

Theres an old mod out there called A02 Encounter. Its version is not compatible with the latest version of Avp2. Can I somehow update this myself?

I've been looking for someone who worked on this mod or played the original Aliens MMO. But Kindred has disbanded,  I feel I could piece together a decent story line if I got the permissions to edit, or modify.

Thank you for your time.   -Hiss-

windebieste

Mod must be over 10 years old.  I worked on one of the maps. Waste?  I think it was; and if you're lucky, I'll still have the source .ed file somewhere.  It will be on a CD, in a box buried under a ton of stuff with a load of other boxes.  If I find it, I'll post here.

Obviously, I'm not making any promises on this item.

-Windebieste.

TheGreatOne

Yep, you worked on it!
If you do happen to find it and post it here that would be super cool. ::)

Thanks again Windebieste!!!

windebieste

That was a long time ago.  I'll see what I can do. 

Truth being, the mod is little known now but I still have that AO2 raw map.ed file somewhere (maybe others, too).  It's one of those BIG maps designed to accommodate a lot of players.   Of course, the MP community is nothing like it used to be.  Such a big map is going to be hard to fill - but it would be a great candidate to rebuild as a fully functional SP map.  Ideal for that, actually. 

These were my thoughts recently, actually, find that map and convert it to an SP map.  It would take a lot of work, but it's doable. 

You've given me some incentive to dig it up and get it out to the world once again.  I'm willing to pass the .ed onto you in it's current MP state. 

-Windebieste.

TheGreatOne

I'd love to get the .ed of that map. :) you may email to me, if its not to big.....

I do want to create a story with the maps from the mod based on the original game.
Only because A:CM sucked so badly I truly believe I could do a better job with AVP 2.

I also think that if someone were to make a Aliens Vs. Marines online game, it should be Aliens Online.
It was kinda set up like Battlefield, and was super fun.
I was 14 at the time, and 56k modems were in style, but i'd play that over a lot of games nowadays!

I think I could make the DM version work like the original game without too much "modding". I would just need to change a few spawn points and such but I'd love to try.

Thanks again!

windebieste

OK.  I found the Waste Facility map.  Email sent. 

I also found another incomplete AvP2 Project I've been wanting to work on.  I thought this item was forever lost - turns out I was just looking in the wrong place. 

So, this exercise has been doubly good for me.   Maps for 2 lost Projects have been found. 

I'm going to be a busy boy.  :D

-Windebieste.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Last i checked A02 Encounter worked totally fine with 1.0.9.6 Aliens vs. Predator 2 ?

Been years donkey years... since i played that.

windebieste

So, I'm trying to get 'AvP2' running on Win 10 - coz I haven't done so for a while now - and I'm getting this error:

Client MFC Application has stopped working.
blah blah blah blah blah...

Any ideas on how to get around this problem?

-Windebieste.

Le Celticant

Hey Winde, have you tried already the following on AVPUnknown by KingKenny?

http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1422165698

Lucifero

Lucifero

can we have a backup maybe? ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed