Alien: Covenant – VHS

Started by Levtones, Jun 24, 2017, 08:46:11 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant – VHS (Read 3,172 times)

Levtones

Levtones

Hey, everyone.

Here's a beat-up CBS Fox UK VHS style cover I slapped together this week. I'm a perfectionist, so all the logos and stuff were made from scratch. I didn't just scan an old VHS cover and paste everything on there. ;D

Edit: I know the film isn't rated 18 in the UK, but the cover does look better with that logo on it.  :P

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

That looks amazing. Great work!

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

That looks great. I feel kinda nostalgic about VHS. Wonder if they're going to get the same revival that vinyl is enjoying right now in the future...

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: tleilaxu on Jun 24, 2017, 10:10:50 PM
That looks great. I feel kinda nostalgic about VHS. Wonder if they're going to get the same revival that vinyl is enjoying right now in the future...

Doubt it...

QuoteLifespan of a tape is 30 to 60 years. In 15 years, depending on how/where it was stored, you may notice some streaks/dropouts, where the metal (rust is probably more accurate!) has come off. Another common issue is mold, if the tape has been exposed to it in any way. It'll grow and die in about 5-10 years. Don't store your tapes in basements, barns, attics -- anywhere that is not temperature controlled.

Most common is a person using the same old crappy VCR, which ages unlike the tapes. They assume the tapes have quit tracking, but gravity has actually affected the VCR. It may or may not be fixed, depending on the VCR brand/model. It's better to get a good JVC or Panasonic deck anyway.

I think we would have seen some sort of revival-signs by now, people still throw them out and they don't really have any value last time I checked. You have a few hardcore fanboy groups though, but they just collect really obscure stuff like:

Still have my alien VHS tapes, with making of Alien 3 box etc. Isn't worth anything though, shame because i'm running out of storage space lol.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for sharing this! I love these kinds of mock-ups, I think they're really fun! I shared this to our social media pages too.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

That's an awesome mock up

BlackMatter169

BlackMatter169

I do love these VHS mockups. So nostalgic.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Nice work! That popular avenue of design always reminded me of model train painting. A hobbyist paints the model railroad miniature structures, or diorama, which is shiny, pristine plastic, to look weathered, rusted, worn, and / or dilapidated.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed