AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 12, 2017, 11:46:39 AM

Author
AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant (Read 43,447 times)

NickisSmart

Quote from: SiL on Jun 13, 2017, 09:33:29 AM
Your comment was aimed at me and doesn't really make any sense as a 'passing statement'. I mentioned what was cut, and you start bringing up him not caring about making an editor's life easy. That's not passing, dude, that's targeted. What insight were you trying to impart, exactly? What else were you possibly going to contribute with the comment?

Unless bizarre nonsequiters is your thing...

Or maybe you're just touchy and paranoid and assume I have an ax to grind with you? Funny how you accuse me of these things and attack with passive-aggressive comments, yourself: "Unless bizarre nonsequiters is your thing..." You're telling me that wasn't an attack? You act all holier-than-thou, but the moment you feel justified you're acting just as bad.

Maybe, just maybe, I felt like pointing out that Scott has a certain way of speaking that makes your life, as an editor, hard, because I know, as an editor of video footage, myself, that it would? Just a matter-of-fact comment, stating "maybe that's just how he talks?" But no, there must be some conspiracy where I'm seeking to undermine you. I don't care about you enough to try that hard.

SM

Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 13, 2017, 09:36:34 PM
I'm still confused as to why Spaihts and Lindelof aren't credited on Covenant.

Same reason Cameron didn't on Alien 3.

Quote from: PierreVW on Jun 13, 2017, 09:39:58 PM
Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 13, 2017, 09:20:59 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jun 13, 2017, 09:13:08 PM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jun 13, 2017, 08:53:35 PM
OK, did O'Bannon and Shusett really co-write the story of AvP with Paul Anderson?

No, they didn't. Peter Briggs told me that this quote from Anderson is what got them a credit for the film.

http://i.imgur.com/v6wVPMi.png
Thanks for that. Hopefully that corrects the misperception that Prometheus stole from AvP. Hardcore Alien fans knew about the deleted pyramid from Alien, and that AvP was a really poor delivery of those ideas.

It's funny but Paul W.S. Anderson copy a lot from Sir Ridley Scott and James Cameron. Anderson is very mediocre so his copies are bad quality.

Paul W.S. Anderson said SOLDIER was inspired by BLADE RUNNER. He said EVENT HORIZON was inspired by 2001(Stanley Kubrick) too.

EH owes more to The Shining and Soldier was written as a 'sidequel' to Blade Runner by David Peoples.

SiL

Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 13, 2017, 09:36:34 PM
I'm still confused as to why Spaihts and Lindelof aren't credited on Covenant.
Seems to be you needed to create the first movie in a franchise to get lasting credit.

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jun 13, 2017, 10:18:18 PM
Maybe, just maybe, I felt like pointing out that Scott has a certain way of speaking that makes your life, as an editor, hard, because I know, as an editor of video footage, myself, that it would? Just a matter-of-fact comment, stating "maybe that's just how he talks?"
To what end? That was never in doubt. That never in question. Someone said they didn't see why his comments would be edited at all, and I explained what was cut. That was it. Nobody said it was unique to Scott, nobody was confused by why it might be the case, nobody needed or asked for any further clarification; you just leapt in with 'well maybe he's got more on his mind than making your life easy'. Whether you meant to or not, you came across like a twat. The end.

QuoteEH owes more to The Shining and Soldier was written as a 'sidequel' to Blade Runner by David Peoples
Is say EH owes more to Solaris and The Haunting, but it's so derivative this game could be played for weeks :P

SM

Yep. To all of the above.

Protozoid

Protozoid

Quote from: SiL on Jun 13, 2017, 10:31:00 PM
Seems to be you needed to create the first movie in a franchise to get lasting credit.
You don't consider Covenant a sequel to Prometheus?

SM

Alien is the 'first' movie in the franchise. Ergo Dan & Ron get credited

Protozoid

Jon and Damon got f***ed.

BishopShouldGo

Prometheus wasn't the first movie dude!

426Buddy

Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2017, 08:24:31 PM
Quote from: Zaxxon64 on Jun 13, 2017, 01:07:45 PM
The original movie was superb. I think Dan O'bannon would have been the only writer qualified to write any sequel to the movie. Its to bad Ridley took all the mystery away from Giger's magnificent creations.

Den of Geek interview...
QuoteDid you even see the first Alien Vs. Predator film?

Yeah, sure, I saw it.

What did you think of it?

Videogame. I did have an idea that they didn't use, and that was that the alien in his next phase turns into the predator. But they weren't interested in hearing from me...at least it would have had some continuity between the two ideas.

Thats great lol I actually thought of that interview after i read zaxxons post yesterday.

SM

Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 13, 2017, 10:57:38 PM

I'm sure they were adequately compensated for the work they did.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2017, 11:07:30 PM
Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 13, 2017, 10:57:38 PM

I'm sure they were adequately compensated for the work they did.
Yeah, I know Glenn Branca. I did an interview with him. He's a composer who was supposed to do score for Johnny Mnemonic. They eventually chose someone else but some bits and pieces of his work were there. He wasn't credited but he said he's still getting royalties.

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 12, 2017, 11:46:39 AM
<p>In early May, Alien vs. Predator Galaxy had the opportunity to attend the global premiere of Alien: Covenant in Liecester Square, London. The following day we were also invited to attend the press junket and put across some questions to several cast members (including Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston and Billy Crudup) and Sir Ridley Scott!</p><p>Ridley Scott talks the meaning of the title Covenant, Danny McBride gives some dubious parenting tips utilizing Aliens and Katherine Waterston talks working with Michael Fassbender and Ridley Scott. Check out the interviews in full down below!</p><p><iframe width="668" height="376" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kq2Caq2O6DI?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p><p><iframe width="668" height="376" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0QFSeMVQNc4?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p><p><iframe width="668" height="376" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0gz6ZvdRTaY?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p><p>I would just like to thank 20th Century Fox for inviting us to the event and to Alien vs. Predator Galaxy's very own SiL for editing these videos for us.</p><p>Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Covenant! You can follow us on <a href="https://www.facebook.com/avpgalaxy" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Facebook</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/avpgalaxy" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Twitter </a>and <a href="https://www.instagram.com/alienvspredatorgalaxy/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Instagram</a> to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also <a href="http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?board=56.0">join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums</a>!</p><p><a href="http://www.avpgalaxy.net/?p=36921">Link To Post</a>

Yay!! Good interviews.  ;D

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Quote from: SiL on Jun 13, 2017, 10:31:00 PM
you just leapt in with 'well maybe he's got more on his mind than making your life easy'. Whether you meant to or not, you came across like a twat. The end.

Or what I said was merely me putting in my two cents and you're the one coming across as a twat by being so presumptuous and defensive about what is essentially an ordinary comment, intentions notwithstanding. I'm sorry if you want to feel bent out of shape because I didn't bother to read through the entire thread and double-check it with you, to make sure you'd clarified everything, in order to avoid upsetting you. God forbid. The fact that you want to take me to trial over it only further illustrates how entitled you are. I certainly don't owe you anything even if I were insulting you. But again, I wasn't. Now I am, though: You're a dick.

Also, if you're going to quote someone, actually quote them rather than put straw man arguments into quotes. I actually said "Maybe Scott has other things on his mind than making an editor's life easy."

Protozoid

NickisSmart

I finally found the ignore button. Now I can ignore them. The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed