Prometheus (And Other Tangents) - AvPGalaxy Podcast #49

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2017, 09:29:03 AM

Author
Prometheus (And Other Tangents) - AvPGalaxy Podcast #49 (Read 7,884 times)

SM

QuoteShaw running around with staples is something that still irks me but everyone involved just says future medicine is really good. lol

She gives herself a painkiller before going into the medpod, the medpod gives her anisthetic, then she gives herself another painkiller as it's cutting the thing out of her.  She gives herself another one just before she meets Weyland.  She takes some tablets just before putting on her spacesuit.

Winces in pain as she zips it up.  Winces in pain just before they leave the ship.  Doubles over in pain just before David wakes up the Engineer.  Doubles over in pain as she runs out of the Juggernaut bridge.  Wincing in pain as she climbs into the lifeboat.  Screams in pain when the Engineer falls on her after she releases the trilobite.

She runs around with staples because if she doesn't run, she'll die.

QuoteFinally, the running scene. They were hurt, panicked, on rough terrain with formations intermittently at their sides as well as debris and flaming rubble falling at their sides. They also didn't know the juggernaut was going to roll evenly, it could have fallen to either side as it did later. Mostly though, it's a hollywood convention like Keanu Reeves outrunning a nuclear explosion on his motorbike.

Also, they change direction.

These two nitpicks are addressed within the film.

Hemi

The wincing is not enough though... There should have been a longer pause in the movie for her to recover.

Every female in the audience just goes "Pfffff" now lol. It's way to unrealistic, even with super future drugs. The belly muscles are simply not working after that, so getting up and walking around... yeah no way.

Has nothing to do with the amount of painkillers, has everything to do with the cut.

SM

So just ignore the impending climax and stop the film so the protagonist can have a bit of lie down.

Why not.

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: SM on Jun 14, 2017, 06:43:16 AM
So just ignore the impending climax and stop the film so the protagonist can have a bit of lie down.

Why not.

Meh, they were about to go back to the ship for a third time anyway, why not take a nap. I did.  ;D

Would be fcking awsome if they let Shaw die in the medpod and make Vickers survive and fly of with David actually... That would improve the movie for me anyway.  :P

Spoiler
And no one would cry seeing Vickers corpse on the slab in Covenant
[close]

SM

The toing and froing between ship and pyramid is a legit problem I reckon. Not staples

Hemi

Didn't one of the Alien scripts have the Alien kill a crewmember while Shaw was still in the Pod or something? And she watched it grow? Maybe that could have been a valid arc? (instead of a nap...lol)

ps: what is ProtoZoid seeing atm when he looks at this page? Loads of user blocked crap?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Hemi on Jun 14, 2017, 08:41:58 AM
Didn't one of the Alien scripts have the Alien kill a crewmember while Shaw was still in the Pod or something? And she watched it grow? Maybe that could have been a valid arc? (instead of a nap...lol)

There was a segment like that in Spaihts' drafts, yeah. I actually kinda liked the idea of Shaw watching the Alien grow while going in and out of consciousness.

Quoteps: what is ProtoZoid seeing atm when he looks at this page? Loads of user blocked crap?

There's really no need for that, Hemi. Let's not prop people.

Hemi

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 14, 2017, 10:52:10 AM
Quote from: Hemi on Jun 14, 2017, 08:41:58 AM

There was a segment like that in Spaihts' drafts, yeah. I actually kinda liked the idea of Shaw watching the Alien grow while going in and out of consciousness.

Quoteps: what is ProtoZoid seeing atm when he looks at this page? Loads of user blocked crap?

There's really no need for that, Hemi. Let's not prop people.

Srry...I was actually curious lol. With past forums you would still see the user but not the post. :P

Anyway.. not important

windebieste

Quote from: SM on Jun 14, 2017, 08:02:06 AM
The toing and froing between ship and pyramid is a legit problem I reckon. Not staples

Wasn't this one of the reasons Scott excised the pyramid from the 'ALIEN' script in the first place?  Too much running back and forth between locations without adding anything except running time.  Well, that and budget concerns. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Iirc it was budgetary reasons, not pacing?

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 16, 2017, 08:56:17 AM
Both actually. He does say that the pyramid "would have been wonderful in the three-hour version" i.e. he was aiming at making a more compact film

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 16, 2017, 10:57:25 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 16, 2017, 08:56:17 AM
Both actually. He does say that the pyramid "would have been wonderful in the three-hour version" i.e. he was aiming at making a more compact film

Is there any existing footage from that '3-hour' cut? I always hear tons of things about it but it's so hard to dig up any footage.

oduodu

I don't think there is a 3 hour cut.

ModMonkey

Quote from: SM on Jun 14, 2017, 05:12:26 AM

Also, they change direction.

They totally do. I think most people see that only on repeat viewings which is why I think it's often a hard point to argue with some people.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed