Alien Covenant Review Roundup

Started by Darkness, May 07, 2017, 03:38:05 AM

Author
Alien Covenant Review Roundup (Read 121,361 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 09, 2017, 08:29:59 AM
Perhaps one is a Queen?! Dun, dun, dun!

That is if the rumors of Ridley not considering anything after Alien canon are untrue, otherwise he is not going to use a concept that was not part of his plan.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jun 10, 2017, 11:17:04 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 09, 2017, 08:29:59 AM
Perhaps one is a Queen?! Dun, dun, dun!

That is if the rumors of Ridley not considering anything after Alien canon are untrue, otherwise he is not going to use a concept that was not part of his plan.

I think those are rumors are untrue more or less. I believe Scott has said in the past that he liked aliens and the queen. If anything the the actual film seems to make the idea of the queen more plausible considering a goo wasp was used to help create the creature. I didnt see anything in Covenant that made me think scott wanted to retcon aliens out of existence, i think thats more something the internet has conconcted  and spread. ( scott is asked about the queen in an interview and he completly avoids the question. But this is ridley scott, a man known for gibberish, contradictory, and nonsensical interviews.)

Protozoid

Protozoid

Quote from: acidreign on Jun 14, 2017, 12:10:14 AM
This is pretty interesting:

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/06/13/film-crit-hulk-smash-ridley-scott-cinemas-underrated-weirdo
Yes, it was. It was pretty balanced, overall, too. I like Ridley's work a little more than Hulk does, but his observations are very valid. Reminds me that no matter how disappointed I am with Covenant, there are twenty other Ridley Scott movies I can go back and appreciate. Time to see White Squall and Black Rain again. Still, I'm surprised Hulk loved Covenant. I expected him to explain beat by beat why the story didn't work, then say overall that Ridley's weirdness saved it. But no, he thought the script was functionally great! Wow.

Bad Replicant

Quote from: FILM CRIT HULK
No one thinks about Ridley Scott as a weirdo.

Well, he's gotten that wrong right off the bat. :P

Great read.

stroggificated

stroggificated

...and so am I either.

but before you even start, here is what he liked about it, so enjoy:

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Not sure if this counts as a review, but I really enjoyed this article and I'd highly recommend

http://www.audienceseverywhere.net/david-modern-frankenstein-romantic-analysis-alien-covenant/

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

echobbase79

echobbase79

That guy in the review above kind of looks like a fanboy version of Hallett from Covenant.

As for his review, to each his own. I think if the end of the film would've been handled better, a lot of fans would've been more forgiving of the film. I mean the Alien shows up kills a few people and then dies. Worst of all, none of the scenes were scary.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Getting a bit tired of youtube reviewers who bash anything that isn't 'Aliens'.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 17, 2017, 12:01:35 PM

Getting a bit tired of youtube reviewers full-stop.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Rudiger on Aug 17, 2017, 12:17:59 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 17, 2017, 12:01:35 PM

Getting a bit tired of youtube reviewers full-stop.

Agreed, its not about whether I share the view or not, they just aren't very good at the 'reviewing' bit. Plus they ain't great at comedy most of the time either.

SM

SM

There is a place for film criticism, but no one ever built a statue of a critic.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: SM on Aug 17, 2017, 12:42:52 PM
There is a place for film criticism, but no one ever built a statue of a critic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed