*Spoilers* David and the Engineers

Started by Alien Runner, Apr 01, 2017, 10:25:42 AM

Author
*Spoilers* David and the Engineers (Read 5,611 times)

Alien Runner

Alien Runner

It makes sense now. A lot of people find it unbelievable that an advance alien species could be wiped out by an android but I've always thought about the idea of the Engineers as unique. Its not a typical space alien we see in Hwood. Engineers seem to be terra-formers. Life creators. Genetic engineers. They create life from death. Perhaps, the "Engineers" who get destroyed by David are at their primitive stages. David realizes that these new "engineers" are sibling species of Human beings. He doesn't want history to repeat itself and drops the hammer on them. The new engineers are either new sibling species of humans or primitive engineers or both since engineers are related to humans.

Amended topic title. Hicks.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Or:

David flew in and killed all the Engineers (somehow still alive circa the 2090s) in one fell swoop because Ridley Scott and the studio got bored of the space jockeys and wanted to wipe out all traces of Prometheus and go back to fun with the big chap innit, folks love the big chap

Alien Runner

Alien Runner

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 01, 2017, 10:50:03 AM
Or:

David flew in and killed all the Engineers (somehow still alive circa the 2090s) in one fell swoop because Ridley Scott and the studio got bored of the space jockeys and wanted to wipe out all traces of Prometheus and go back to fun with the big chap innit, folks love the big chap

Terrible idea. I like the Engineers. Makes things more interesting rather than robots with aliens vs humans. We need to see more aliens & Engineers.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

or, david is an absolute *rsehole, as the following spoiler will explain

Spoiler
after all, david actually is peter weyland's conciousness downloaded into him, and weyland defo was an *sshole
[close]

through examinging the goo stuff and alien biology he starts seeing 'life' is not that 'special' at all as it's rather an act of using the correct materials
Spoiler
(black goo) and tools (the ship and stuff)
[close]
and doesn't see the engineers
Spoiler
(which are really humans and not engineers at all)
[close]
on the planet as anything of interest and decides to [/spoiler] terminate them.[/spoiler]

why? again, david's just a total ***hole.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Something that I've been wondering is that wether or not the Engineers had a prophecy that humans would eventually come to destroy them, and so created the black goo. But ironically it's humans creation that ends up destroying them with their own weapon. Id buy that for a doller anyway.

Alien Runner

Alien Runner

Quote from: Taxemic on Apr 01, 2017, 11:46:12 AM
Something that I've been wondering is that wether or not the Engineers had a prophecy that humans would eventually come to destroy them, and so created the black goo. But ironically it's humans creation that ends up destroying them with their own weapon. Id buy that for a doller anyway.

But Engineers are humans.... They match genetic wise. Engineers populate the galaxy by sacrificing one of their own. Its not that hard to grasp how David is able to destroy a bunch of them. They were at a primitive stage of development. David got them at the right time and he probably knows these new creations like humans will spread like wildfire causing "war, poverty, cruelty, and unnecessary violence."

Imbrie

Imbrie

Quote from: Alien Runner on Apr 01, 2017, 11:49:51 AM

But Engineers are humans.... They match genetic wise. Engineers populate the galaxy by sacrificing one of their own. Its not that hard to grasp how David is able to destroy a bunch of them. They were at a primitive stage of development. David got them at the right time and he probably knows these new creations like humans will spread like wildfire causing "war, poverty, cruelty, and unnecessary violence."

But why should that bother David?

Alien Runner

Alien Runner

Quote from: imbrie on Apr 01, 2017, 11:54:37 AM
Quote from: Alien Runner on Apr 01, 2017, 11:49:51 AM

But why should that bother David?

Because David was programmed that way. Remember the trailer on David 8 a few years back? David was asked "What bothers you?" and David says "war, poverty, cruelty, and unnecessary violence." Ridley is going the iRobot route where the robot hive mind named "Vicky" turns evil because humans are bad. Same shit here unfortunately.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Alien Runner on Apr 01, 2017, 10:55:52 AM
Terrible idea. I like the Engineers. Makes things more interesting rather than robots with aliens vs humans. We need to see more aliens & Engineers.

They're dead.

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 01, 2017, 11:30:10 AM
Spoiler
after all, david actually is peter weyland's conciousness downloaded into him
[close]

Unlikely as it is not a spoiler but actually just fan theory from this board.

Also, those are Engineers David kills. Space jockeys, Engineers.

Beardomorph

Beardomorph

Maybe, if these Engineers are smaller than the ones in Prometheus, it makes the case that life in general is doomed to regress at some point. That could also give credence to the idea that the ancient Space Jockey ( ancient until retconned :D ) is the same species as the Engineers in Prometheus and Covenant, but way taller because way older, from a time when Engineers as a species had not yet started to regress.

Perhaps that's why they started creating life, in the same way that humans are turning to A.I. at a time when their civilisation seems to be in danger. Noticing their species was starting to get smaller, they began experimenting with the black goo to figure out how to create and "grow" new species derived from them. The same way we are currently trying to perfect A.I. that may replace us.

As for Engineers being all killed, I doubt it. Since they've been travelling across space for at least thousands of years, and since we know they can terraform, it makes sense that they'd have colonised some other planets or moons.

sugarhigh

sugarhigh

Did we really need a new thread for this? This needs to be merged with the CinemaCon thread.

Infected

Infected

David realizes? Haha no David is a pure evil bastard, in case you havent been up to current events lately but the Prometheus crew got their asses kicked and mostly due to the evil David android.

rabidranger

rabidranger

Whoever these beings are on "Paradise" they do seem to be at an earlier stage of development than the Covenant crew. Almost seems like a snapshot of ancient Rome or Greece. They could be an advanced civilization that has turned it's back on technology for whatever reason. Or, maybe it's a completely different culture that the Engineers put in place as a replacement for a "mistake" race that they wanted to destroy (humanity)?

Infected

Infected

Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 01, 2017, 02:45:40 PM
Whoever these beings are on "Paradise" they do seem to be at an earlier stage of development than the Covenant crew. Almost seems like a snapshot of ancient Rome or Greece. They could be an advanced civilization that has turned it's back on technology for whatever reason. Or, maybe it's a completely different culture that the Engineers put in place as a replacement for a "mistake" race that they wanted to destroy (humanity)?
Maybe it helps, but this isnt a militairy installation or a bio weapon temple, its a peacefull place, if you see the dome in the trailer with the gold thing on top, i wouldnt call those engineers not advanced, there is no reason to think that, the wheat indicates they live there,
and yeah i wouldnt experiment with the most deadly shit in the galaxy in my backyard neither.

rabidranger

rabidranger

Quote from: Infected on Apr 01, 2017, 02:51:18 PM
Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 01, 2017, 02:45:40 PM
Maybe it helps, but this isnt a militairy installation or a bio weapon temple, its a peacefull place, if you see the dome in the trailer with the gold thing on top, i wouldnt call those engineers not advanced, there is no reason to think that, the wheat indicates they live there,
and yeah i wouldnt experiment with the most deadly shit in the galaxy in my backyard neither.

Fair points. This could very well be Engineer suburbia.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed