If Jesus was an Engineer would that make Mother Mary an....

Started by Alien Runner, Mar 31, 2017, 10:49:24 AM

Author
If Jesus was an Engineer would that make Mother Mary an.... (Read 2,549 times)

SM

Engineers go around raping people?

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Apr 02, 2017, 08:52:13 AM

Of course they do.  They are genocidal, so it is not beneath them.  But I'm not talking about rape in the traditional sense.  Mary's was a virgin birth.  You can draw your own conclusions.

I think the Engineers infected her with black goo somehow, and she gave birth to the first xenomorph seen in the mural.

whiterabbit

This thread went Dark and it had nothing to do with the black goo.

Quote from: SM on Apr 02, 2017, 08:17:27 AM
The Holy Trinity is the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit.  The Holy See is something else.
Ah, right but none the less, they are all the same entity right. So there is no reason why Jesus's mother can't have been born after Jesus. I mean these are beings outside of our understanding, within divine context. None are bound by our silly rules. :P

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 02, 2017, 09:30:31 AM
This thread went Dark and it had nothing to do with the black goo.

These are horror movies we are talking about.

But the mural has that Christ-like pose, like Jesus nailed on the cross:

There was also originally going to be a mural in Alien, but it got cut:

Maybe this has something to do with David, if he created the eggs.

Also notice the all seeing eye at the top of the pyramid.  Where has that been before..

SM

Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 02, 2017, 09:21:58 AM

Of course they do.  They are genocidal, so it is not beneath them.  But I'm not talking about rape in the traditional sense.  Mary's was a virgin birth.  You can draw your own conclusions.

I think the Engineers infected her with black goo somehow, and she gave birth to the first xenomorph seen in the mural.

How can rape be their MO if we've never seen them do it - or even hinted that they do it?

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Apr 02, 2017, 09:37:56 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 02, 2017, 09:21:58 AM

How can rape be their MO if we've never seen them do it - or even hinted that they do it?

How can it not be rape?  I don't mean to offend any Christians here, but I'm not talking about Christianity.  It's alluded to in Prometheus.

SM

whiterabbit

Well we don't even know if they have wieners but those facehuggers say otherwise.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Apr 02, 2017, 09:49:08 AM
When?

It's just a matter of putting two and two together.  Others have explained it a lot better than me, but when you add it all up it makes sense.  Just google "Prometheus and the birth of christ" or something similar.

Example:

QuoteIs Elizabeth Shaw the Virgin Mary?

"The 'Caesarean' scene is central to the film's themes of creation, sacrifice, and giving life. Shaw has discovered she's pregnant with something non-human and sets the autodoc to slice it out of her. She lies there screaming, a gaping wound in her stomach, while her tentacled alien child thrashes and squeals in the clamp above her and OH HEY IT'S THE LIFEGIVER WITH HER ABDOMEN TORN OPEN.

And she doesn't kill it. And she calls the procedure a 'caesarean' instead of an 'abortion'.

Here's where the Christian allegories really come through. The day of this strange birth just happens to be Christmas Day. And this is a 'virgin birth' of sorts, although a dark and twisted one, because Shaw couldn't possibly be pregnant. And Shaw's the crucifix-wearing Christian of the crew. We may well ask, echoing Yeats: what rough beast, its hour come round at last, slouches towards LV-223 to be born?

Consider the scene where David tells Shaw that she's pregnant, and tell me that's not a riff on the Annunciation. The calm, graciously angelic android delivering the news, the pious mother who insists she can't possibly be pregnant, the wry declaration that it's no ordinary child... yeah, we've seen this before."

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3147686/yes-more-prometheus-did-we-kill-alien-jesus-also-viral-campaign-continues/

Alien Runner

Alien Runner

Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 02, 2017, 08:36:36 AM
So Mary was raped..  Poor woman, forced to give birth to the son of god.  But then again, this fits the modus operandi of the Engineers.

Who said she was raped? Rape is forced. Don't unleash your sexual frustrations on this thread. Mary accepted her duty.

Scorpio

Nyarlathotep

This whole thread is bollox.

Hemi

That's why I never understood Avp! This thread makes it a better movie!!! We were so wrong!!

SM

QuoteAnd she doesn't kill it. And she calls the procedure a 'caesarean' instead of an 'abortion'.

She tries to kill it, initiating a decontamination.
And it's too big to abort (and she ultimately calls it a "foreign body").

QuoteHere's where the Christian allegories really come through. The day of this strange birth just happens to be Christmas Day.

Nope.  Boxing Day.

Never let the facts get in the way...

Still not sure how Engineers are rapists.

blood.

They're skinhead white guys they must be rapists.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed