Scifed says they have some info about Paradise *Spoilers*

Started by Anthony, Mar 07, 2017, 06:39:13 PM

Author
Scifed says they have some info about Paradise *Spoilers* (Read 5,233 times)

rabidranger

Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 09, 2017, 01:07:49 AM
As RS has said on several occasions, these films will ask the questions of who created humanity, who created the Xenomorph and who created the Engineers. Shaw even asks the latter question of Holloway in Prometheus. So it would not surprise me at all, if we our introduced to a higher alien species in the next 2 films. It certainly wouldn't be difficult for RS to get away with retconing in the coming films, what Prometheus had proposed; and bringing another original, superior, alien species into the mix. After all, what real proof do we have from Prometheus, that the Engineers created humanity?

The sacrificial Engineer at the start of Prometheus could of been seeding any world, not necessarily the earth, as RS has already said.

The fact our DNA comes from theirs, doesn't prove it; as we may of both been created by same higher species.

In fact, the only real evidence is Shaw and Holloways thesis, based on circumstantial evidence, surrounding ancient cave paintings.

The main problem I have with this idea of a higher entity being introduced though, is what we've seen of the Engineers so far suggests, that just like humans, they create the gods in their own image and engage in self-worship. As represented by the giant stone heads, or the Creation of Adam style painting on the celling in the ampule room, which clearly places the Engineers in the position of god; meaning they certainly don't appear to recognise another superior species above them.

The other alternative is the giant heads (their prophets as RS now calls them) represent more technologically advanced Engineers than we've seen thus far. As others have pointed out in the past. The sacrificial Engineer appears technologically inferior to the LV-223 Engineer. Who has modifications to his body around the neck and arms. Its possible then, that we may see Engineers that have fully augmented their bodies to became true biomechanoids, which would certainly help explain where the Alien gets it biomechanical look from; if one of the more advanced Engineers, falls victim to David's proto-morph, in the next film after Covenant.

It seems to me there might be two factions of Engineers: a group that uses the black goo to create and a group that uses the black goo to destroy. I also don't think it's a coincidence that the Xenomorph bears an uncanny appearance to the Engineer "suit." We saw the deacon was the result of the impregnation of that kind of Engineer. Perhaps the Xenomorph comes about due to further experimentation such as David fusing himself to Engineer tech/biology?

SpeedyMaxx

I mean, people can try to parse and re-parse these interviews to hope it will create an entirely new narrative both for what you have already seen and what you are about to see, but it's not going to change anything.

In short:

The Engineer is the space jockey and vice versa. There is no evidence in either Prometheus or the upcoming film that will say otherwise.

There are no 'factions' of Engineers. Again, no evidence otherwise.

Alien: Covenant wants to put as much distance between itself and Prometheus and the Engineers/space jockeys as possible and get back to the fundamentals of Alien material which the studio and director feel will please a larger audience.

The only question Ridley Scott intends to change or answer in future is who created or helped re-create the alien. And that answer is very likely someone who will feature in Alien: Covenant, not some surprise third party.

Trying to invent a whole other wild backstory by struggling to re-interpret interview quotes which say something entirely is to me just an attempt to avoid dealing in the blatant facts of what is (only IMO) an unsatisfying story and future direction for these films. As in,
Spoiler
David Did It.
[close]

cliffhanger

what if, it wasn't david. but it's gonna be shaw?

Adorianu

Quote from: cliffhanger on Mar 09, 2017, 07:24:55 PM

Yeah  some people think she will be the queen,that David will use her eggs.

rabidranger

Quote from: Adorianu on Mar 10, 2017, 08:39:09 AM
Quote from: cliffhanger on Mar 09, 2017, 07:24:55 PM

Yeah  some people think she will be the queen,that David will use her eggs.

That's what I was thinking (hoping) but I suppose it's possible Shaw is just a footnote though. Seems odd to waste the character/actress and for the details to be so hush/hush though....

Marcus9000

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Mar 09, 2017, 07:19:42 PM
I mean, people can try to parse and re-parse these interviews to hope it will create an entirely new narrative both for what you have already seen and what you are about to see, but it's not going to change anything.

In short:

The Engineer is the space jockey and vice versa. There is no evidence in either Prometheus or the upcoming film that will say otherwise.

There are no 'factions' of Engineers. Again, no evidence otherwise.

Alien: Covenant wants to put as much distance between itself and Prometheus and the Engineers/space jockeys as possible and get back to the fundamentals of Alien material which the studio and director feel will please a larger audience.

The only question Ridley Scott intends to change or answer in future is who created or helped re-create the alien. And that answer is very likely someone who will feature in Alien: Covenant, not some surprise third party.

Trying to invent a whole other wild backstory by struggling to re-interpret interview quotes which say something entirely is to me just an attempt to avoid dealing in the blatant facts of what is (only IMO) an unsatisfying story and future direction for these films. As in,
Spoiler
David Did It.
[close]

Yep, great post. You are correct. Nothing to suggest any space jockey other than engineers, and nothing about warring factions either.

As for your spoiler, I got shot down in flames in another post for suggesting that too. I was told that the guilty party did not create the Xeno, but merely rediscover engineer technology.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lv_226

The lads over at Scified do have some very vivid imaginations

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed