Anyone here read the alleged leaked script for Shane Black's Predator movie?

Started by EJA, Mar 02, 2017, 04:33:01 PM

Author
Anyone here read the alleged leaked script for Shane Black's Predator movie? (Read 4,844 times)

EJA

I won't post anything specific about the rumored plot here, but you can read it yourself in a thread in the section for Black's THE PREDATOR. Suffice to say....I don't think it does the wider franchise many favours.

The Wolverine Predator

Are you referring to what's already been shared on here or you claim to have actually read the script?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stealth_Hunter

You spilled a major spoiler in the "we have a problem now" thread, EJA.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

You know. This time, I actually really want to be surprised going into the movie. Authentically surprised. Same with Covenant. I remember watching the final minute to Prometheus on Youtube before watching it. How stupid of me. I can't picture Today Me doing that.

So I won't actually read any spoilers for either film, but the fact that the Ten Little Indians province of the fanbase is troubled has me very excited. Spielberg is my favorite filmmaker, and a Spielberg-style Predator film sounds very, very enticing to me and I could see myself enjoying this movie more than the original. Which I esteem so much anyway.

Antal was inspired by Predator 1987, Black and Dekker were inspired by Close Encounters of the Third Kind. That tells me all I need to know. I'll never forget Ebert's Predator 2 criticism: "All he does is kill." Well, looks like the species this time is going to be given a lot more dimensions this time, and will be doing other things than poking people with sharp implements. Ebert probably would've enjoyed this movie.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Mar 02, 2017, 08:16:54 PM
You know. This time, I actually really want to be surprised going into the movie. Authentically surprised. Same with Covenant. I remember watching the final minute to Prometheus on Youtube before watching it. How stupid of me. I can't picture Today Me doing that.

So I won't actually read any spoilers for either film, but the fact that the Ten Little Indians province of the fanbase is troubled has me very excited. Spielberg is my favorite filmmaker, and a Spielberg-style Predator film sounds very, very enticing to me and I could see myself enjoying this movie more than the original. Which I esteem so much anyway.

Antal was inspired by Predator 1987, Black and Dekker were inspired by Close Encounters of the Third Kind. That tells me all I need to know. I'll never forget Ebert's Predator 2 criticism: "All he does is kill." Well, looks like the species this time is going to be given a lot more dimensions this time, and will be doing other things than poking people with sharp implements. Ebert probably would've enjoyed this movie.

I want to be surprised as well, but would love some little bits and pieces to imagine what the movie will be like

EJA

For those of you who have read the leaked details, how do you think it effects the EU?

The Wolverine Predator

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Mar 02, 2017, 08:15:44 PM
You spilled a major spoiler in the "we have a problem now" thread, EJA.
Spoiler
When he was talking about Predators hiding out on earth and working with humans?
[close]

Quote from: EJA on Mar 02, 2017, 08:32:09 PM
For those of you who have read the leaked details, how do you think it effects the EU?
From what I've read it seems like something new with a lot of action and several different locations. It's fresh and still has the feel of a predator movie. Plus like it's been discussed several times on other threads that it sound like crap on paper, but be fantastic on screen

Corporal Hicks

Can we remember spoiler tags, please.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Mar 02, 2017, 08:16:54 PM
I'll never forget Ebert's Predator 2 criticism

Don't you find it funny that Ebert said " It stalks from above and eviscerates its human prey with savage skill. It is not related to the gentle beings who came to visit us in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."  :laugh:

While Shane said 'the film's "sensibility will be part noir, part mystery and part Close Encounters.'

The more you love Predator 2 the more you're gonna hate The Predator.

EJA

Predator is not Close Encounters though, and shouldn't be.

SiL

An overly long, meandering film about an irresponsible man developing the courage to abandon his family?

Oh joy.

Scorpio

I don't care if it 'fails', so long as it tries something different.  Last thing this franchise needs is another remake of Predator.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 03, 2017, 12:28:24 AM
I don't care if it 'fails', so long as it tries something different.  Last thing this franchise needs is another remake of Predator.

I agree.

As much as I love Predator, I really don't want it to be some cycle of "Hunt *insert prey* on *insert location* in *insert time*". Leave the repetition to the EU. Let the films expand on and enrich the franchise and the Predators themselves with new and interesting stories.

Lots of EU stories were great such as Predator: Captive. I'd love to see that done as a movie and it sounds like The Predator will be exploring this a bit where one gets captured.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Scorpio on Mar 03, 2017, 12:28:24 AM

I don't care if it fails, if the movie is good.But if the movie is not good, it better fails so they stop making crap.

Quote from: EJA on Mar 02, 2017, 10:20:29 PM
Predator is not Close Encounters though, and shouldn't be.

Amen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed