First Look at The Predator Cast!

Started by Anthony, Feb 20, 2017, 04:08:08 PM

Author
First Look at The Predator Cast! (Read 39,450 times)

Master

Master

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 21, 2017, 09:53:30 PM
No good sir, those are not clever. It's ok though. I guess I did not explain clearly. Blame me! All good. :)

Oh no, please, do! How is Dillon's arm lose clever compered to Keys demise?

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Feb 21, 2017, 10:21:50 PM
Thanks for posting that video, Bishop, it was a pretty cool. The uploader was spot on.

Yeah he always posts great, incisive videos. :)

Keith

Keith

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 21, 2017, 09:53:30 PM
No good sir, those are not clever. It's ok though. I guess I did not explain clearly. Blame me! All good. :)

The violence doesn't have to be clever, it just has to be good (see the first 2 films for examples).

viendammage

This cast besides Thomas Jane makes me kind of sad. Weaker than all three Predator films, maybe on par with AVP and better than Requiem. I have faith in Black & Dekker but so far, just not seeing this being a film with "scale" or a memorable cast of characters but hoping I'm wrong.

frenchfries

Quote from: viendammage on Feb 22, 2017, 03:35:15 AM
This cast besides Thomas Jane makes me kind of sad. Weaker than all three Predator films, maybe on par with AVP and better than Requiem. I have faith in Black & Dekker but so far, just not seeing this being a film with "scale" or a memorable cast of characters but hoping I'm wrong.
they'v got some really talented actors, check out moonlight, oj v. the people, and narcos to see how great they are.

Kerrod33

Kerrod33

IMO I think the cast is just as strong as the original (not physically but talent wise). Not sure about Olivia Munn though, haven't seen her in anything before

predator88

Quote from: Kerrod33 on Feb 22, 2017, 07:05:42 AM

IMO I think the cast is just as strong as the original (not physically but talent wise). Not sure about Olivia Munn though, haven't seen her in anything before
I only saw her in X-Men Apocalypse but she literally had 3 sentences of dialog and ddin't show any acting skills whatsoever, a disposable character no question. She will have more to do here hopefully,.

Russ840

Russ840

I can not understand how people are calling the cast weak. I don't get it. We have not seen the film yet. All the actors, from what I have seen of them anyway, are very competent at their craft.

The fact that they are not all 'big names' means very little to me.

This may very well turn out to be the best performed and written Predator movie. There is no reason that it can't be that.

Point is. We know nothing of the finished product beyond who is directing, writing, acting and making and all those involved are talented. So why all the negativity toward the cast?

I personally am really excited and have faith that this will be a good movie. 

predator88

Quote from: Russ840 on Feb 22, 2017, 08:07:01 AM

This may very well turn out to be the best performed and written Predator movie. There is no reason that it can't be that.

The original had great acting,Arnold delivered what I consider his greatest performance - he showed serious range in the movie and getting to see him transform from the confident,charismatic leader of the team to a scared(not showing it on the outside but still),worried for his teammates man who tries to do whatever it takes to save them and himself. Car Weathers, Bill Duke and the rest of the guys were also superb and were very convincing with their transformation from cocky mercenaries to scared individuals loosing their cool like Poncho.However credit must be given to the great John McTiernan for getting the best possible performances outta them.

There is no way the characters in this movie will be anywhere close to the badass crew of the original. Best they can do is try their own thing without trying to copy the cast of Predator.Hopefully they turn out decent.

There is no

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: predator88 on Feb 22, 2017, 08:21:00 AM

The original had great acting,Arnold delivered what I consider his greatest performance - he showed serious range in the movie and getting to see him transform from the confident,charismatic leader of the team to a scared(not showing it on the outside but still),worried for his teammates man who tries to do whatever it takes to save them and himself. Car Weathers, Bill Duke and the rest of the guys were also superb and were very convincing with their transformation from cocky mercenaries to scared individuals loosing their cool like Poncho.However credit must be given to the great John McTiernan for getting the best possible performances outta them.

There is no way the characters in this movie will be anywhere close to the badass crew of the original. Best they can do is try their own thing without trying to copy the cast of Predator.Hopefully they turn out decent.

There is no

I am not saying they will be better. I'm saying it's possible. To say the there is no way is short sighted.

predator88

Quote from: Russ840 on Feb 22, 2017, 08:30:08 AM

There is no

I am not saying they will be better. I'm saying it's possible. To say the there is no way is short sighted.
You think this movie has the chance to have better characters or story? Don't hold your breath you'd be disappointed

Master

Master

It's not possible to top original simply because of nostalgia and cult status the first one holds.

I'd say it's also hard to get near P2 since it's cult classic for many. That said if TP is anywhere between P2 and Ps we already won and are in for ride.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: predator88 on Feb 22, 2017, 09:27:33 AM

There is no

You think this movie has the chance to have better characters or story? Don't hold your breath you'd be disappointed

Why not. What's stopping it ? Don't worry. I won't be holding my breath. I never said it would be better . I have no idea. I'm just saying it's possible.

My point is that there is too many people condemning this movie before it's even made.

predator88

Quote from: Russ840 on Feb 22, 2017, 10:03:07 AM
Quote from: predator88 on Feb 22, 2017, 09:27:33 AM

There is no

Why not. What's stopping it ? Don't worry. I won't be holding my breath. I never said I would be better . I have no idea. I'm just saying it's possible.

My point is that there is too many people condemning this movie before it's even made.

I'm not condemning it yet. If it turns out good I'll be the first to admit I was wrong but what's stopping it being better is the cast, director,writer and so on. It never had the chance to be in the same league as the original.

Russ840

Russ840

lol but why are the cast and crew stopping it? I seriously don't get why you think this mate.

I never said YOU were condemning the film. Others are.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed