Next Alien life cycle after the trailer Alien reveal

Started by acrediblesource, Feb 02, 2017, 10:54:17 PM

Will there be something more in the movie that's alien?

Expecting Everything  In the Trailer to be the complete package.
6 (30%)
There is definitely a Queen or King or Bassass
0 (0%)
I'm really expecting the original HR Giger design to be in the movie
7 (35%)
I'm really expecting the OTHER preliminary HR Giger design to be in the movie
5 (25%)
I'm expecting Prometheus aliens to be in Alien Covenant but with everything we saw in the trailer.
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author
Next Alien life cycle after the trailer Alien reveal (Read 2,426 times)

acrediblesource

OK, we all know that the miniature alien (deacon or neomorph) is not going to be the epic alien bassass we are all looking for and we aren't even sure about the last scene in the trailer will be the only adult size alien in there.
So who has hope in seeing something different?
I know I do, I still crave and expect to see something newly imagined or perhaps a refined Xenomorph (Kane's son) in a near perfect cgi practical creation come to life.

How about you? Select options 1 through 5.
Option 1. Expecting Everything  In the Trailer to be the complete package.
Option 2. There is definitely a Queen or King or Bassass
Option 3. I'm really expecting the original HR Giger design to be in the movie
Option 4. I'm really expecting the OTHER preliminary HR Giger design to be in the movie (they were featured in crew pictures in BTS photos on a Clapperboard )
Option 5. I'm expecting Prometheus aliens to be in Alien Covenant but with everything we saw in the trailer.

whiterabbit

I think the queen idea is going to be ignored in favor of a living force of nature. Somebody mentioned how the spores looked like Lovecraft's shoggoth. I'm also expecting to see something very much like Giger's Necronomicon IV. Even if it is just a picture on a wall.

oduodu

That's interesting ! Shogoth like spores! I think there will be something more later on on the movie that we haven't seen or heard of yet. I certainly hope we haven't seen the final boss.

Richman678

Since the queen was more like of a James Cameron thing I do not think there will be a queen.

However, the writers will have to find a way to explain the eggs. My guess is that David will have experimented with several ways leading to a the black goo always finds a way to create life which leads to egg morphing.

cliffhanger

definately will see Giger's Alien. expecting to see the neomorph as an adult too, thanks to the leaked pictures.

acrediblesource

I once posted long ago that the eggs in the chamber in Alien were actually painted as spores initially but the idea went to eggs in the end. Because eggs don't look so jumbled up like that remember that were all laid out pretty sparcely and lots and lots of space in between? NOT THESE THINGS!

SiL

It was always eggs.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Thats what everyone says. Question: Which divider is he lowering himself into? Is it the one with the blue light covering it?
What spores am I referring to? The ones outside of that one.. (oh..those spores. those things that aren't painted with lips on the top. Those things that that I JUST described as NOT eggs aligned on the ground. Those things that look EXACTLY like SPORES)
Simmering sarcasm now.

Quote from: SiL on Feb 03, 2017, 11:48:46 PM
It was always eggs.

Scorpio

Quote from: acrediblesource on Feb 03, 2017, 10:48:56 PM
I once posted long ago that the eggs in the chamber in Alien were actually painted as spores initially but the idea went to eggs in the end. Because eggs don't look so jumbled up like that remember that were all laid out pretty sparcely and lots and lots of space in between? NOT THESE THINGS!

That's an interesting theory, because there's got to be a reason why the blue light is only over one of the chambers.  I always thought the blue light was a stasis field that protected the Jockey from an egg hatching.  Have no idea why it isn't over the other chambers, though.  Maybe they are spores, or maybe they malfunctioned and that is why the Jockey got hugged.

SiL

Quote from: acrediblesource on Feb 03, 2017, 11:51:57 PM
Thats what everyone says. Question: Which divider is he lowering himself into? Is it the one with the blue light covering it?
What spores am I referring to? The ones outside of that one.. (oh..those spores. those things that aren't painted with lips on the top. Those things that that I JUST described as NOT eggs aligned on the ground. Those things that look EXACTLY like SPORES)
Simmering sarcasm now.
Yeah, they're still not spores. Just lazily drawn eggs.

acrediblesource

Then they should have not gotten whomever to do it. Now they have to explain it! To ME!!!!

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2017, 12:06:57 AM
Simmering sarcasm now.

OpenMaw

Quote from: acrediblesource on Feb 04, 2017, 12:17:10 AM
Then they should have not gotten whomever to do it. Now they have to explain it! To ME!!!!

No, they really do not.  :)

cliffhanger

Quote from: acrediblesource on Feb 04, 2017, 12:17:10 AM

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2017, 12:06:57 AM
Simmering sarcasm now.

calm down man.

there were never spores in the alien story. it were always eggs. you're seeing things that aren't there and never were there.

acrediblesource

Of course we know those things under the blue light were eggs and of course its part of the mythos.
But initially they were conceptualized and written as spores.
http://alienexplorations.blogspot.ca/2008/01/dissecting-derelict-spores.html
and I wouldn't be surprised if the giant spores were painted in this matte painting before they decided to make the ones in the layer of mist to be eggs instead.
I essentially not crazy, but the lack of people who are disinterested in this theory is appalling. I thought you guys were imaginative.

fernandito

hello acrediblesource!

I know of the spore idea they had too, though It got ditched fast once Giger got their egg models "up and running" :) It was indeed taken directly from lovecraft, just as much more material and ideas  they had in store that was later discarded as well, some of which was re-introduced again with Prometheus.

An explanation for why there's only that blue laser over one egg chamber?. If you look at the entire chamber (not just the one under the blue laser) as Kane descends, you will see the rest of the objects that have no blue mist over their chambers are also eggs that are already scattered all around and already open. This always seemed to imply for many of us that when the ship crashed (some other elder folks of my time still think they ship was parked there, and that the chamber is not part of the ship but a cave constructed under the rock), all stasis fields (the blue mist/lasers) but the one we see in alien failed. This also means that hundreds, or maybe thousands depending on how huge the cargo load was facehuggers got loose, not just the one who got the space jockey.

There's also an explanation for the egg creation for those who have doubts about whether Ridley will go down Cameron's queen road or not. We now have the black goo and David experiments, which imo will probably be his way to go this time around. Second, there's the egg morphing thing I never was so particularly fond off, and third the queen, which completely destroys the idea behind the alien as biomechanical engineered weapon. But there's the original and always forgotten first idea that was introduced about the eggs coming from the very Mastermind behind, Giger, which was way before eggmorphing or queen. That was no more and no less than the very Derelict producing them, as an also biomechanical organism. You ever wondered why the Derelict kind of resembles the female reproductive track?.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed