User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sterling K Brown in talks to join Shane Black's TH...  (Read 24005 times)

Master
Apr 13, 2017, 08:20:21 AM
Reply #105 on: Apr 13, 2017, 08:20:21 AM
Predators is on thesame medicority plane as AvP. Those films are complementary to me. Where one does right, other does wrong and vice versa.

SpeedyMaxx
Apr 13, 2017, 08:55:31 AM
Reply #106 on: Apr 13, 2017, 08:55:31 AM
Going back to present time. I still don`t get, how going throught the most generic way, with new film, it`s going to enrich the franchise? Same goes with Super Predator concept. People didn`t like it in 2010, why go back to it?

I don't find the script generic. I don't think it has any relation to anything in Predators (which not a lot of people saw). You may or may not feel differently when the film comes out.

Master
Apr 13, 2017, 09:21:34 AM
Reply #107 on: Apr 13, 2017, 09:21:34 AM
Going back to present time. I still don`t get, how going throught the most generic way, with new film, it`s going to enrich the franchise? Same goes with Super Predator concept. People didn`t like it in 2010, why go back to it?

I don't find the script generic. I don't think it has any relation to anything in Predators (which not a lot of people saw). You may or may not feel differently when the film comes out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I`m not saying it has anything to do with Ps per se, but Super Predator concept was introduced in script for Ps. Predators modyfying their genome with verious prey dna to upgrade their efficiency, sounds familiar?

HuDaFuK
Apr 13, 2017, 09:22:49 AM
Reply #108 on: Apr 13, 2017, 09:22:49 AM
A lot of people losing their shit (not necessarily on here) at Sterling's claim the film will be funny clearly forgot how serious the first one was when Arnie nailed a guy to a post with his knife and told him to "stick around".

Just look at the first Lethal Weapon that Black wrote - very funny when it wants to be, but hardly a lighthearted movie. It's dark as hell.

SpeedyMaxx
Apr 13, 2017, 09:30:57 AM
Reply #109 on: Apr 13, 2017, 09:30:57 AM
In fairness, this script is a lot more overtly humorous than the occasional joke in the original. Shane Black (and Fred Dekker) like a lot of humor with their action, it's the way they are. If you like their work you'll probably be happy; if you don't you might not.

You're entitled to feel that way. All I can tell you is I think the story gives the Predators a new complexity and purpose that can allow the franchise to expand between just doing more movies with them hunting over and over and diminshing returns. Watch the film and decide for yourself.

I`m not saying it has anything to do with Ps per se, but Super Predator concept was introduced in script for Ps. Predators modyfying their genome with verious prey dna to upgrade their efficiency, sounds familiar?

I don't remember a thing about that in the actual film. I'm not saying it's not in there, but it clearly didn't make an impression. If it was in the script and not the film then it's not relevant. Personally I doubt the creators of this film went so far as to read that.

HuDaFuK
Apr 13, 2017, 09:33:20 AM
Reply #110 on: Apr 13, 2017, 09:33:20 AM
In fairness, this script is a lot more overtly humorous than the occasional joke in the original. Shane Black (and Fred Dekker) like a lot of humor with their action, it's the way they are. If you like their work you'll probably be happy; if you don't you might not.

Has it even been proven the leaked script is entirely legit? Either way, I've purposefully not read it. I'd rather see it fresh.

I love Black's writing style, so if the film's in line with his previous works I'm sure I'll love that aspect of it.

Master
Apr 13, 2017, 09:48:06 AM
Reply #111 on: Apr 13, 2017, 09:48:06 AM

You're entitled to feel that way. All I can tell you is I think the story gives the Predators a new complexity and purpose that can allow the franchise to expand between just doing more movies with them hunting over and over and diminshing returns. Watch the film and decide for yourself.

I don't remember a thing about that in the actual film. I'm not saying it's not in there, but it clearly didn't make an impression. If it was in the script and not the film then it's not relevant. Personally I doubt the creators of this film went so far as to read that.

Not much of it made into the final film but it was in the script and was not liked by fans.

SpeedyMaxx
Apr 13, 2017, 10:20:30 AM
Reply #112 on: Apr 13, 2017, 10:20:30 AM
The script is legit.

There's plenty of openings in the story from where it goes, IMO.
Provided the film does well, that is the new direction of the franchise.

« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2017, 10:22:08 AM by SpeedyMaxx »

SiL
Apr 13, 2017, 11:11:49 AM
Reply #113 on: Apr 13, 2017, 11:11:49 AM

Master
Apr 13, 2017, 01:29:46 PM
Reply #114 on: Apr 13, 2017, 01:29:46 PM

SpeedyMaxx
Apr 13, 2017, 03:59:31 PM
Reply #115 on: Apr 13, 2017, 03:59:31 PM

Yes, I said that. It's also said they keep coming back

Ok.
It also changes the whole plot of hunting and randers other film nonexistent.

It doesn't render those films nonexistent; they happened. But this story draws a much clearer distinction between the concept of hunter and Predator and gets into why they hunt for sport as opposed to being strictly natural predators. Also, this is not leading to the kind of movie you are thinking of. In terms of how the Predators behave in this story, regardless of what their strategy is, their execution is what it has always been - kill everything.

As for trying something different, this is that. Not trying something different would be making another variation on the movie from '87, another straight hunt. Predators tried that and flopped. This story gives the franchise an aim and future purpose. Whether you dig it or not is up to you when you see the movie.

« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2017, 04:02:07 PM by SpeedyMaxx »

Original Pred
Apr 13, 2017, 04:02:24 PM
Reply #118 on: Apr 13, 2017, 04:02:24 PM
These spoilers are slowly killing any interest in the movie.

It's a complete reboot.  If you think otherwise your in denial.  It's S. Black "refreshing" the Pred franchise.  AKA.  Who gives a sh-t about the back story/Dutch/etc.  We've got new blood to pump money out of.  And let it stand that a little nod here and there to the "old" movies can be done in a reboot.  This is horrible. I'm giving up on the Dutch/Arnold angle/story being made whole. Good luck everyone with your "new" "rebooted" Pred franchise.  Makes me appreciate the Alien Universe so much more now.

HuDaFuK
Apr 13, 2017, 04:05:28 PM
Reply #119 on: Apr 13, 2017, 04:05:28 PM
Chill, Winston. Just asking how you know with such certainty.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed