Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 23, 2016, 11:30:27 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien (Read 77,359 times)

SiL

From what we've heard the film was going well through post, so it's unlikely they're rushing.

Corporal Hicks

A further pull forward in release date has been expected actually so it's not too surprising. They've already had a cut together to show the studio heads and for testing with audiences.

Enoch

Executives think Covenant will do great, just heard that.

Immortan Jonesy

This made my night. Thank you guys  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Enoch on Nov 24, 2016, 12:05:16 AM
Executives think Covenant will do great, just heard that.

Heard they liked the cut they were shown too.

Enoch

Pvt. Himmel

Am I dreaming!! Nice. As always Corp. 8)

windebieste

May 19... wow.  That's keen!   As far as Anniversaries are concerned I'm kind of surprised they didn't choose May 25th.   Either way, I'm sure everyone is happy with the release date being moved forward like this.  Several months is substantial.   Suddenly this is all shaping up to be something special.

All the same, the poster looks great! 

-Windebieste.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 24, 2016, 12:21:21 AM
May 19... wow.  That's keen!   As far as Anniversaries are concerned I'm kind of surprised they didn't choose May 25th.   Either way, I'm sure everyone is happy with the release date being moved forward like this.  Several months is substantial.   Suddenly this is all shaping up to be something special.

All the same, the poster looks great! 

-Windebieste.

You hush up May 19th is perfect. :)

Enoch

Yes, May 19th is just fine. ;D

windebieste

LOL.  I just find it odd that Fox have missed all these potential Anniversary dates they could have exploited.  Gotta wonder what is planned for April 26, 2017, just a couple weeks prior to the Big Day. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

I don't think Alien 3's anniversary is that big of a miss, especially if they do forge ahead with 3.2 after. 

As for Alien Day, I expect a massive promotional push if it's now that close to release. I mean, it'd be a waste otherwise.

Pvt. Himmel

If Fox is very confident... Then they will fast track the next one!! 8)

Enoch

Very possibly. Remember what Wayne said about Blomkamp's Alien.
Maybe that one will go after all Covenant sequels.

BishopShouldGo

$600 million worldwide. It'll be one of the highest grossing R-rated pictures of all time. No brakes on the Alien train.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed