Alien vs Predator: Life and Death

Started by Ultramorph, Aug 29, 2016, 02:40:59 AM

Author
Alien vs Predator: Life and Death (Read 22,724 times)

Nostromo

Nostromo

They almost lit a fire and started singing songs together. The part where it appeared in front of them to warn them of an Engineer approaching was well done.

Ultramorph

Thies shared another piece of art over on Tumblr:

Notice that Ahab has three wrist blades, which calls back to the original cover of AvP: Fire and Stone.

The Alien Predator

Those three wristblades also remind me of the ones that the rogue Predator had in Bad-Blood.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Previews World has a short, one-page preview of AVP: Life and Death and a little write-up. Beware of spoilers:
https://www.previewsworld.com/Article/184400-Truce-or-Treachery-In-Alien-Vs-Predator

Then also have another page on their Gems of the Month for October 2016. It's nice to have Thies back!
https://www.previewsworld.com/Article/184048

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I'm digging that. Really liked Thies' work on Predator.

happypred

Thies is tolerable

Mooneyham is excellent

echobbase79

Hey,

Been awhile since I've posted. Been wanting to get back into the comic book side of the all the characters. I was curious if these Life After Death books are any good?

Corporal Hicks

I've enjoyed the Predator series but not been blown away by the others so far.

echobbase79

What a bummer. I was hoping this material would rival the old school Dark Horse stories from the 90's. 

proto leech

the fire and stone story was pretty shit. more black goo monsters shenanigans than any A/P action. all i remember is the synthetic doing a villain monologue that lasted forever. 

I hope they can actually give a good ALIEN vs PREDATOR fight this time instead of cramming prometheus crossover stuff every second.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: King geedorah on Dec 10, 2016, 04:02:14 AM
the fire and stone story was pretty shit. more black goo monsters shenanigans than any A/P action. all i remember is the synthetic doing a villain monologue that lasted forever. 

I hope they can actually give a good ALIEN vs PREDATOR fight this time instead of cramming prometheus crossover stuff every second.

Thanks for telling me that about Fire and Stone because I was getting ready to get it. I know we're supposed to make up our own minds, but I can't afford to throw away money on crap. I hate to hear that the Prometheus material doesn't seem to work well in these stories. I thought that would've been a given to create some great work by the writers.

Guess I'll stick my old stuff.

SM

SM

I thought Fire & Stone worked fine.  AvP was probably the weakest arc, but still had some good stuff.

Avoiding it based on one negative (and slightly erroneous) review seems a little extreme.

Corporal Hicks

I found Fire and Stone is a bit underwhelming too. The Predator series is great though (one of my favourites!) and Prometheus looks great but over-all I felt underwhelmed by it, same sort of dissatisfaction I got from Prometheus.

proto leech

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 10, 2016, 07:26:20 AM
Quote from: King geedorah on Dec 10, 2016, 04:02:14 AM

Thanks for telling me that about Fire and Stone because I was getting ready to get it. I know we're supposed to make up our own minds, but I can't afford to throw away money on crap. I hate hear that the Prometheus material doesn't seem to work well in these stories. I thought that would've been a given to some great work by the writers.

Guess I'll stick my old stuff.

the avp story sucks but F&S as a whole is worth checking out.

The prometheus one is pretty good, fantastic art too, but the predator story is by far the best. Ahab and his white whale were a great way of telling a engineer vs predator story IMO.

The problem is they dipped way to deep into the prometheus stuff and when you're working on comics tied into movies you cant really do anything worthwhile or add too much to the lore. They basically had to work with the scraps covenant would allow them to. I wish they would have tried to focus on making four great stories rather than a huge crossover event thing.

Some of it was disappointing, but some of it is pretty great.

echobbase79

Quote from: SM on Dec 10, 2016, 08:11:16 AM
I thought Fire & Stone worked fine.  AvP was probably the weakest arc, but still had some good stuff.

Avoiding it based on one negative (and slightly erroneous) review seems a little extreme.

Yeah, probably. But that's how broke I am.  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed