Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2016, 03:47:44 PM

Author
Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology (Read 121,357 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Oct 20, 2017, 01:24:50 AM
I talk PREDATOR with a fellow fan on this podcast for AVP Underworld. https://soundcloud.com/hybridnetworkyt/predator-if-it-bleeds-interview-with-bryan-thomas-schmidt-avp-underworld

Still love listening to you nerd out about this. Though someone needs to turn their phone off vibrate!  :P

Really hope you get to put together some more books too. I'd really love to see that AvP anthology.

Nick's review.

The Alien Predator

Yes, I would love an AvP anthology.

Also, I saw the book in my local shop. Getting it ASAP.

BryanThomasS

BryanThomasS

QuoteStill love listening to you nerd out about this. Though someone needs to turn their phone off vibrate!  :P

My phone was on  skype with a headset, not vibrate. That was my pacemaker and natural enthusiasm. And don't you forget it, Hicksy.

HuDaFuK

Two stories in so far.

Enjoyed Devil Dogs (even if I still haven't read the Rage War trilogy :laugh:) Was a bit of a simplistic tale that didn't cover any new ground, but it was entertaining, the characters were engaging and as usual Lebbon wrote it well. I really liked how the Predator was portrayed as spectacularly overpowering.

I initially feared Stonewall's Last Stand was going to be a bit silly, focussing as it does on a real historical character, but I'm pleased to say those fears were quickly banished and it ended up being a bloody good read. Some wonderful imagery - I especially loved the bit where
Spoiler
one of Stonewall's men is decapitated by the Predator and as one of the others bends down to check on him the severed head blinks.
[close]
That was wonderfully gruesome. I also liked how the end tied into the real Stonewall's death (I checked!), that was a neat touch.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Oct 21, 2017, 12:16:46 AM
My phone was on  skype with a headset, not vibrate. That was my pacemaker and natural enthusiasm. And don't you forget it, Hicksy.

Pft. You maybe an author but I'm not buying that.

Glad to hear you're digging it, HuDa.

BryanThomasS

BryanThomasS

My God, you would mock my pacemaker?!!  So cold hearted!!  I am deeply offended for those who have one!

QuoteI initially feared Stonewall's Last Stand was going to be a bit silly, focussing as it does on a real historical character, but I'm pleased to say those fears were quickly banished and it ended up being a bloody good read.

Jeremy Robinson is good at this stuff. You should check out his other work.

Most of the authors took delight in historical research and finding ways to make things feel real with nuance and accuracy to actual events. That was a lot of fun to discover as I edited.

AliceApocalypse

Picking this up from B&N this weekend, so happy!  Have one book ahead of it, then diving right in. 

BryanThomasS

BryanThomasS

From the second event on my book tour, a signing with three other Predator authors: Holly Roberds, Peter Wacks and David Boop. Julie Frost, my coauthor in the Monster Hunter Files anthology was also there. And a cosplayer showed up. We sold a ton of books.

Corporal Hicks

Love it! Glad to hear it went well!

Also, tomorrow we'll be starting a competition to win a Predator: If It Bleeds bookplate signed by Bryan, Holly Roberds, Peter Wacks, and David Boop! It'll go up early tomorrow morning (BST)!

TheBATMAN

Second story with Stonewall Jackson I enjoyed a lot. Nice atmospheric tale.

BryanThomasS

Look forward to you all's Amazon and B and N reviews.  Got a couple slams posted today.   :(

happypred

Liked Lebbon's short story in this more than his novel trilogy

BryanThomasS

Interesting.

Corporal Hicks

TheBATMAN

Not a fan of Steve Perry's Turnabout sequel. Admittedly I haven't read the original story so I can't pass completely fair judgement, but I've tended to always steer away from his Predator stories as I'm not a fan of the whole 'Yautja' nonsense. People question why Ridley Scott needs to delve into the origins of the xenomorph and I feel the same applies with this obsession about Predator culture. They are far more scary and intimidating when all of that is kept a mystery. Stonewall's Last Stand was compelling because we didn't know what it was thinking or what it was doing, yet we knew it was there. In contrast I couldn't be more disinterested to learn that Predators can't be bothered to respect humans who are too old, Predators slashing car tyres and thinking about what they will tell the kids about their dead dad when they return home. It's too far removed from the creature in the original film for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed