Questions for interview with Lead Designer Alex Moore?

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 23, 2016, 01:00:48 PM

Author
Questions for interview with Lead Designer Alex Moore? (Read 2,354 times)

Corporal Hicks

In a couple of weeks I'll be chatting with Alex Moore, who was lead designer for AvP 2010. I'd like to offer an opportunity for you guys to put some questions to him. It should go without saying that I expect you to be mature with this. I'll pick questions from those posted.

windebieste

Despite the fact that 'AvP 2010' is more than 5 years old now, it's not too late for mod tools to be released for it.  Actually, no questions need to be asked.  Just*DEMAND* their release!!!  OUR DEMANDS MUST BE MET. OR ELSE!*

Uh, OK.  Maybe you should just ask nicely.   ;)  Thank you!

-Windebieste.

*...or else wut?  ...or else we're stuck modding 'AVP2', a game that is almost old enough to drink alcohol legally.

Corporal Hicks

He doesn't work for Rebellion any more so I can't say I'll be asking any questions like that.  :P

windebieste

So you're going to talk to the Lead Designer of 'AvP 2010', but questions regarding the game are going to get nixed?  lolwut...  :laugh:

I still think he'd have something to say about the release of mod tools.  How does he feel about games being modded?    Does he support mod tools being released for games in general?  Does he understand this is a creative Community, constantly churning out content in every imaginable media/medium?  What does he think about publishers stifling that opportunity?  Is he still in a position to communicate with people who can influence the release of an SDK for 'AvP 2010'?

There's a ton of questions regarding modding alone you could ask someone who worked on ...er, no,  was Lead Designer for 'AvP 2010'.  Especially now that they have left REBELLiON Studios.   

One thing for sure, this Community doesn't care if the game is 5 years old.  It will pounce on such an SDK in an instant.  ...and you know it.  ;D

-Windebieste

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on May 24, 2016, 11:41:56 PM
So you're going to talk to the Lead Designer of 'AvP 2010', but questions regarding the game are going to get nixed?  lolwut...  :laugh:

I'm going to be asking about modding and the SDK, just nothing like "when/are/ we getting an SDK or new DLC or etc" because he's not in a position to know. I can almost guarantee I'd simply get a "I don't know/you'd need to ask the Kingsleys/etc".

Scorpio

I would like to know some of what inspired their design choices. 

Also, were there any talks of doing a sequel?

Corporal Hicks

LIttle too late.  :P We recorded the other week and I've just posted up the new episode. :)

Scorpio

Awesome.  I look forward to listening to it.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed