Predator Homeworld

Started by CelticP, Sep 10, 2007, 09:46:24 PM

Author
Predator Homeworld (Read 47,113 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Those "Lousy" comics are some of the most importaint parts of the franchise, we wouldent have AVP games or movies, and not to mention Predator 2 was an adaptation of a Predator Comic.

Soul

Soul

Quote from: AdamJZ on Oct 08, 2007, 02:25:16 AM
Those "Lousy" comics are some of the most importaint parts of the franchise, we wouldent have AVP games or movies, and not to mention Predator 2 was an adaptation of a Predator Comic.

Where is my rolls-eyes smiley....oh there it is  ::)

I wasn't implying that all the AvP comics were lousy, I WAS implying that the occasional AvP comics that went a little off the wall were lousy.

I love most of the Darkhorse comics, hell even the Batman vs Predator comics were done well.

I just don't want to see a 100 pound chick in a predator mask/gear fighting an Alien Queen on the movie screen, for example.

You with me now?

echobbase79

echobbase79

Isn't the Alien planet going to be in there too? I remember reading a news message
on the site where it said two worlds were created.

ShadowXeno

ShadowXeno

I would think of it as a sort of huge, humid jungle-like planet with many rocky deserts in some areas because of the heat. I would also like to see a couple glimpeses of danerously violent creatures that they hunt. But then it wouldn't really make sense fot them to hunt on other planets if they have things to hunt home. Unless it's what mother and father Preds could teach young Preds. I honestly don't see a problem with female Preds. For many species there are males and females and I don't get why the Yautja can't. Don't give me that bull stuff about them being completley differen Alien species.

pred_alien

pred_alien

maybe itll show wolf on a previous hunt, on the homeworld, with some ultra badass monster

gameoverman

gameoverman

Why do they need to show the predator homeworld, why not Wolf just hunting on another planet?

Predalienslayer

Predalienslayer

I agree, the Predator homeworld should be kept a secret.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Predalien warrior on Oct 08, 2007, 09:31:38 AM
I agree, the Predator homeworld should be kept a secret.

Yes, next thing on the list, 'Spacejockeys' origin', 'Alien origin' and the 'what the hell happened in the derelict that forced it to crash' scene... ::)

Some things are best kept a secret...it prevents people targeting the directors for making a homeworld below their expectations... everyone has a different take on how the Predator homeworld should look like, myself included... What if they botch the shot..? If it's the last shot, that will leave a bitter and unnecessary aftertaste at the end of the movie... And even though some might like the depiction of the homeworld, because it made sense or just went towards their own imagery of the planet, some might not like it... So why risk yet another fallout with the fans...? The last scenes and shots need to be soothing, otherwise, people will remember the end of the movie as either being amazing or botched... And that will be the lingering memory of the movie...I remember more easily the end of a movie than the middle or even the beginning... How about you...?  ??? ;)

gameoverman

gameoverman

Yeah but plenty of fans already have issues with the movie - hell, it doesn't matter what they do, there are going to be fans who don't like it.  Sometimes you just have to pretty bold to put something out there, knowing people might hate it or love it, but just do it anyway.

Anyway, I'm more interested in their 'attempt' to show the predator homeworld, then in the total absence of it altogether.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 08, 2007, 04:16:55 AM
Why do they need to show the predator homeworld, why not Wolf just hunting on another planet?

I still don't see why this option doesn't satisfy the fanbase.

Nihkoute

Nihkoute

I find it humerous how so many replys in this thread have things of this nature
"They better not.."
"Would be stupid.."
"Are they so arrogant.."
"I want .."
"Seeing the Alien homeworld would be acceptable.."

The movie is out in 2 months at which point you can all eat your words, and lick your fingers too.
No matter what these poor guys do (The bros) you are going to criticize them, and it isn't constructive by any means most of the time. We don't even know for certain it is in fact the predator home world, but because were under the assumption it is we see posts flaming the idea but praising a view of the Alien home world. Id bet my bottom dollar if the Subject of this thread said "Alien Home world" those people would be saying "Seeing the Predator home world would be acceptable..."  Think about it. This movie was made with the fans in mind, but it's their movie to make. If a planet is going to be seen stfu and enjoy it, because this could be the last time we see Aliens or Predators on the big screen. Id be grateful that two brothers are taking the time to bring it back to its roots and are giving it the time, respect, and care it deserves, period. If any of you are really capable of doing better then I suggest you get off your asses log off your computer and get to it.

-Nihkoute

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So I've been hanging around in the AvPR screen at work and I don't know if anyone else has noticed the pyramid and a 2nd ship in the exterior homeworld scene?

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 24, 2008, 01:41:19 PM
So I've been hanging around in the AvPR screen at work and I don't know if anyone else has noticed the pyramid and a 2nd ship in the exterior homeworld scene?

I didnt saw that! the scene was so quick... :-\

Highland

Highland

I'm actually glad someone had the balls to go against the fans (the small band of about 5000), If Ridley scott had shown the predator world , no matter what he put up, people would be saying , how profound, master piece, legend. A bit like when someone sparys shit across a canvas and someone buys it for $15000 because its expensive.

The pred world to me was good, out of the ordinary, and not what we expected. I liked it, it was probably the best part of the movie.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

I liked it too, but i would like to see more of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed