Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 832,423 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 10, 2019, 01:01:54 AMTrue. Found it strange myself.
Guess the people behind this movie didn't wanna insult anyone with basic historical facts.

Did ze Germans tend to decorate their secret military installations with giant swastika flags?

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 10, 2019, 10:19:57 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 10, 2019, 01:01:54 AMTrue. Found it strange myself.
Guess the people behind this movie didn't wanna insult anyone with basic historical facts.

Did ze Germans tend to decorate their secret military installations with giant swastika flags?

According to Wolfenstein and Indiana Jones they did.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 10, 2019, 01:04:20 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 10, 2019, 12:07:27 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Feb 09, 2019, 09:06:28 PM
Basic taste, the love story's excellent.

Can't argue your point, so you resort to insults?

Don't take it too seriously, love stories are VERY much up to personal taste, unless you're Twilight and just badly written.

Is this a good opportunity to confess that I actually really like the Padme/Anakin romance in Attack Of The Clones? Sand and all?

The Old One

The Old One

No, it's never a good time to admit that! :laugh:

Vertigo

Vertigo

I can't help it, I'm haunted by the kiss that she should have never given him.

Prez

Prez

Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone
Hmmm. Haven't seen this one in probably over a decade and to be honest it seems a bit low grade in parts. Still enjoyable but yer....

Got two others on the go right now... Upgrade - really good so far and Dunkirk - Nobody shoots movies like Nolan does.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Nolan didn't shoot Dunkirk. Hoyte van Hoytema did.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Returner

Decent enough B-movie that liberally steals from every well known sci-fi or action movie. It even lifts the slow motion bike spin from Mission: Impossible 2 almost frame for frame. :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 10, 2019, 10:19:57 AM

Not on the outside, but you'd expect a couple regular sized ones inside.
And I think even the soldiers didn't wear any.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: P-Rock on Feb 10, 2019, 07:14:44 PM
Nolan didn't shoot Dunkirk. Hoyte van Hoytema did.

I get that and I wasn't insinuating there wasn't a DOP on board but I was using the word `shoot' generally in that Nolan's overall direction was my point. All his films look stunning with such a sense of realism (practical effects!).

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Lego Movie 2
A fun film. Funny as hell and some brilliant easter eggs. While not as good as the first one its still great

The Mummy (1959)
Hammer Rules.

GI Joe: The Movie (1987)
Its one i return to every now and again. Yeah its so obvious where they had to change the fate of characters after the Transformers backlash lol

Russ

Russ

Fight Valley - it had MMA stars like Chris Cyborg and Miesha Tate in it.

It was ok... low budget fare but some of the performances were pretty good. The strange thing was that - even with all that talent on hand, the fight scenes were pretty bad.

Proof - if we needed it - that great fighters do not necessarily great choreographers make.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Money Monster
Had been wanting to watch this for ages as i missed it at the cinema. Its a good movie. American movies love their trigger happy cops dont they lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Godzilla (2014)

I still enjoy this, but there's no denying the decision to have most of the monster action take place off-screen gets really old by the end. What little we get to see is pretty impressive, but it feels like there should be so much more, even while maintaining the slow-build the movie is going for. The lack of monster action also isn't helped by the fact the human characters are all fundamentally really dull, except maybe Cranston, but he's not in it much either.

Kong: Skull Island

Much more enjoyable, just because it's so much more fun. The characters and action are all far more colourful - Sam Jackson in particular is ace as a blatant Ahab rip-off. The 'Nam-era setting also makes it stand out.

Still makes me lol though that what is obviously only six helicopters on the ship suddenly becomes double that as soon as they're in the air :laugh: It's one of the least subtle goofs in recent memory.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed