Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 832,344 times)

SM

SM

First time you've seen the Redux or at all?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Would it be acceptable to name Alienverse ships after locations in Apocalypse Now?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Feb 18, 2019, 11:29:11 PM
First time you've seen the Redux or at all?

At all. We were all young once. Slow moving artsy fartsies don't always sound as cool as terminator 2 or predator when you're a kid and need that instant gratification.

Now I know better, and have more patience.

SM

SM

Blasphemy.

I get what you're saying, but it's still blasphemy.

I've only seen the redux maybe twice, and I think I prefer the original version.

We were recently on holiday in Cambodia and I wanted to watch it before we left but didn't get time (despite the fact it was shot in the Phillippines).  Maybe this weekend.

Apocalypse Now is one of a group of films that can be slow but you can get lost in them.  Along with 2001, Blade Runner, and the Man With No Name flicks.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Not sure I've ever seen the original version either, is there a big difference with Redux?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Redux is quite a bit longer... including an interminable dinner scene.

SM

SM

The dinner scene was interesting but I do recall it going a bit too long.

When you add nearly 50 minutes that's inevitable.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Overlong dinner scene? Sure we're not talking about The Deer Hunter?

SM

SM

Watched Behind The Curve on Netflix last night.  Having recently gone down the flat-earth rabbit hole on Youtube via SciManDan, Conspiracy Catz and GreaterSapien, this was really interesting.  It essentially let the flat earthers hang themselves by simply broadcasting what they say, but also didn't have the other side of the argument ridiculing them.  The flat earthers seem to fall into three categories - the deluded (not stupid, just lacking in proper education), the grifters, and the people with genuine mental health issues.  Mark Sargent, the main focus of the doco, is definitely in it for the grift.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

When it comes to the Original VS the Redux, I think it depends on what you saw first. I can't imagine any other version than the Redux and I got no complaints.
I love that movie. It's in my top 5 all time favorite movies.

Sidenote: I'd love an Alien or prequel movie like this.

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 18, 2019, 11:23:18 PM
Apocalypse Now: Redux - Bluray

First time I've ever seen the movie. Interesting. Not what I expected, but interesting.

I liked it more after a couple of viewings.
First time I expected something totally different so I didn't really like it. Gave it another try, saw it for what it is, thought it was ok, but wasn't in the mood for this type of movie at the time. Now that I know what is, and I know what mood I have to be in to enjoy it, I love it.

"Fun" facts:
-Dennis Hopper was on uppers during his scenes.
-When they approach the temple thingie, you see bodies hanging in the trees. Those were really bodies.
-Brando felt insecure because of his weight, it's why most of his scenes are in the dark.

Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2019, 12:07:27 AM
Apocalypse Now is one of a group of films that can be slow but you can get lost in them.  Along with 2001, Blade Runner, and the Man With No Name flicks.

My respect for you has increased, good sir.

Huggs

Huggs

It's wild that my tastes have changed so much to where I now prefer slower moving films like 2001 and blade runner. I love all films, but I now prefer the ones that have more depth and make me think harder.

I just realized that I accidentally watched the theatrical cut. So I'm watching the redux now.

And yeah, you can tell hopper is lit up big time.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 19, 2019, 05:01:54 AM
It's wild that my tastes have changed so much to where I now prefer slower moving films like 2001 and blade runner. I love all films, but I now prefer the ones that have more depth and make me think harder.

I just realized that I accidentally watched the theatrical cut. So I'm watching the redux now.

And yeah, you can tell hopper is lit up big time.

Part of getting older.
Can be fun though, you might watch an older movie you saw before, look at it in a whole new way and appreciate it a lot more.

I never thought I'd prefer a poetry quoting android over our beloved space bug.
But tastes change. Or evolve?

Huggs

Huggs

Finished the redux. Definitely prefer the theatrical version. I can see why this stuff was cut.

But God that lady at the plantation was just stunning. Those eyes had me hooked. Lordy.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

300: Rise of an Empire.

I liked it much better then when i first watched it. Still has some eyerolling moments, but i very much enjoyed it this time.

Whiskeybrewer

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed