Ridley Scott Gives Update on Prometheus 2

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Sep 24, 2014, 04:05:16 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Gives Update on Prometheus 2 (Read 49,522 times)

SM

QuoteWell, the Prometheus comic book take place centuries after the film, but apparently that was not the original plan and they were pressured to make that change. That's what I meant with chronological changes.

Oh right.

That'd explain a lot.

Quote from: orchidal on Sep 25, 2014, 12:43:08 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 25, 2014, 12:40:26 AM
QuoteMost fans were dissapointed

You base this on?

Your face  :'(

Gee, this thread's a magnet for the Mensa set...

Uncanny Antman

"Your face"  Heehee, he got you good.    :D

DaddyYautja

Quote from: SM on Sep 24, 2014, 11:16:07 PM
QuoteSo confirmation that these movies have nothing to do with a Xeno story.

We had confirmation of this years ago.  It's not news.

It's not news since in the last flick they went back and forth and in this new flick they can do the same thing.
There was no confirmation before.

But it's new in that we got, AGAIN, another interview where a claim is made.

SM

It's new that we were told something that we already knew?

The very fact there was no Aliens in Prometheus, after the original intention was to make an Alien prequel.  Then Riddles said that the Alien has been pretty much wrung dry after four films.  Then he said that any potential sequels would likely move even further away from Alien.

zeus

zeus

"flawed on every imaginable level" Not on every level - characterization, yes, editing, yes, but not on every level, stop spouting hyperbole. "The Room" is an example of a film that is not only flawed on every single facet of film making, but seemed to exceed its own mediocrity. After seeing that film I understood what a true mess a film can be.

reecebomb

Couldn't care less about the sequel, for me, Prometheus has nothing in common with Alien.

Eva

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Sep 25, 2014, 12:27:49 AM
The Alien isn't scary anymore? Horse cawk and ballz, she's still my queen of the unnerving sexual horrors of cinema. She just needs a good director and script to bring her back into the good graces of the limelight.

Well, I agree completely with Ridley's sentiment on this issue. In fact, he could have expanded it beyond the ALIEN franchise and HR Gigers creation - practically every film monster I can think of in modern cinema, looses its edge progressively the more they're used in sequels to the original films.

Michael Myers was scary in Halloween. In Halloween 5? 6? 7? Nope, not in the least. You can exchange Halloween with any other horror franchise in existence and the result is the same.

As for Prometheus 2 - I learned something from being active at this very forum when Prometheus premiered in 2012: ignore the people attempting to sway the forum with so-called 'insider knowledge' days prior to the film opening. The hate and misinformation campaign we endured back in these days (fueled by only a handful of forum members), was second to none.

locusta

Thank the Lord I don´t have to suffer another poor, f**ked all up abomination of Giger´s creation. THANKS!

Blacklabel

He said this exact same thing about no xenomorphs before Prometheus.

so.. we're gonna get new "Deacons". lol.

T Dog

Quote from: zeus on Sep 25, 2014, 09:35:45 AM
"flawed on every imaginable level" Not on every level - characterization, yes, editing, yes, but not on every level, stop spouting hyperbole. "The Room" is an example of a film that is not only flawed on every single facet of film making, but seemed to exceed its own mediocrity. After seeing that film I understood what a true mess a film can be.

I'm not exaggerating when I say it was flawed on every fundamental level.
The characters were weak, the dialogue was weak, the pacing was poor, the plotting was poor, the editing poor, the music inappropriate at times, the set/creature design work was inferior to the design work 30 years previous, the story was barely existent, over half the cast were miscast.

In my opinion the movie is a piece of shit, others may think different.

Gash

Quote from: Crazy shrimp on Sep 24, 2014, 11:53:26 PM

Probably "Alíen The Weyland-Yutani Report" will be a true compilation of canon material, and yes, comics are just an appetizer, and it's quite clear that Ridley Scott ignores the EU.

Good, so do I.

JokersWarPig

I'll go see the sequel when ever it comes out, but honestly I'll keep my expectations on the Iron Man 3 level.

Kimarhi

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2014, 04:43:58 PM

The characters were weak, the dialogue was weak, the pacing was poor, the plotting was poor, the editing poor, the music inappropriate at times, the set/creature design work was inferior to the design work 30 years previous, the story was barely existent, over half the cast were miscast.

Spoiler
[close]

hfeldhaus

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2014, 04:43:58 PM

You say it's flawed on every single level and then list a lot of things that aren't regarded as fundamental.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Sep 25, 2014, 06:57:46 PMYou say it's flawed on every single level and then list a lot of things that aren't regarded as fundamental.

How are characters, dialogue and plot not fundamental in a film?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed