Ridley Scott Gives Update on Prometheus 2

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Sep 24, 2014, 04:05:16 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Gives Update on Prometheus 2 (Read 49,523 times)

SM

It's been written so 2016 is possible.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on Oct 28, 2014, 11:54:21 PM
It's been written so 2016 is possible.

Only if the director is working on two films simultaneously. Remember that the filmmaker is also working on the film "The Martian".

SM

I did say "possible".

Not "likely".  ;D

whiterabbit

2016 eh? Finally, something to live for! :P

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: SM on Oct 28, 2014, 11:17:55 PM
I don't think it's stuck in development hell - I just think Riddles is too busy with other stuff.

Aliens took so long because Alan Ladd Jnr left Fox in 1979 and because Alien was done under his tenure, the new regime wanted nothing to do with it.  When the regime changed again, Fox got interested again.  Alien3's hold up has been well documented.

SM

what ?? they refused to make a sequel because someone else was in charge ??

DEAR Lord

why did Alan Ladd Jnr leave fox ??

why was the new regime interested again ??

is there a place where i can read up on this because really this is gold.

someone should write an article on the fox - brandywine - alien franchise relationship/history.

actually they should make a movie or tv series about it.

http://books.google.co.za/books?id=WIZwZOz8LHsC&pg=PA185&lpg=PA185&dq=why+did+alan+ladd+jr+leave+fox&source=bl&ots=FKhxl2uAIe&sig=eClCC6Z7MZtiKC7H70OAFPnV1hE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=oK1QVOTcFsv9ywO4w4GQBg&ved=0CEkQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=why%20did%20alan%20ladd%20jr%20leave%20fox&f=false

i see

ok ok i see

alien was less protective of them young minds while star wars was all childrens bums on seats. so alien was macho and star wars was toys r us.

see that now

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/hr-giger/30522/hr-giger-and-the-making-of-alien

from this

start quote

But thanks to a confluence of intersecting talents, expertly brought together under the sure hand of Ridley Scott, Alien transcended all expectations of what a genre could be. It was visually daring, psychologically incisive, and as scary as hell.

end quote

Naissus

If they would just hire some talent they could have a universe to work with.  What with DC have a huge lineup and Marvel having a huge line up.  Fox could have a Predator, Alien, Prometheus, and AVP movie that all linked up in subtle ways.  Perhaps culminate in AVP.

SM

QuoteSM

what ?? they refused to make a sequel because someone else was in charge ??

Happens all the time.  New people come in and want to put their stamp on things rather than be tied to what the previous people did.

QuoteDEAR Lord

why did Alan Ladd Jnr leave fox ??

I've heard that he copped a lot of internal flak over the Star Wars sequel and licensing deal he cut with Lucas.  Cost Fox a lot in future earnings.  Don't know how true that is or whether it made his position untenable.  Maybe he just wanted a change.

Quotewhy was the new regime interested again ??

The regime that wasn't interested in a sequel departed and whoever came in probably looked at their properties and saw what could be exploited.

Quoteis there a place where i can read up on this because really this is gold.

someone should write an article on the fox - brandywine - alien franchise relationship/history.

Brandywine, to the best of my knowledge, as an active production company comprising Giler, Hill and Carroll pretty much ended after Alien.  Giler and Hill had their own thing after that called the Phoenix Company.

Gash

Prometheus is credited as a Scott Free/Brandywine production.

There's a 1973 low budget horror called Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things that is also credited as a Brandywine production but I'm guessing that's not related.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Gash on Nov 01, 2014, 09:58:58 AM
Prometheus is credited as a Scott Free/Brandywine production.

There's a 1973 low budget horror called Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things that is also credited as a Brandywine production but I'm guessing that's not related.

On Alien, David Giler and Walter Hill (Brandywine) had a clause in their contract with Fox that stated that any sequel or spinoff to the first film will automatically net them a producer's credit & paycheck. Even if they didn't have diddly squat do to with the films after Alien 3. That's why you also see them credited as producers on the AvP flicks.

oduodu

do they get any royalties for all those movies after alien ??

SM

Probably.

BlazinBlueReview

Quote from: Naissus on Oct 29, 2014, 11:49:21 AM
If they would just hire some talent they could have a universe to work with.  What with DC have a huge lineup and Marvel having a huge line up.  Fox could have a Predator, Alien, Prometheus, and AVP movie that all linked up in subtle ways.  Perhaps culminate in AVP.

This. This is exactly the kind of thing that would be interesting to do. It's something that probably could help the studio realize that they have a wealth of things that they can do with this franchise that they are not taking advantage of.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed