John Wick

Started by ace3g, Sep 12, 2014, 11:23:05 PM

Author
John Wick (Read 39,214 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

It was implied she died, yes. But they left it open enough for her to return, and a lot of sources claimed she was in this one until very recently.

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Here's my reaction to the new trailer! Really looking forward to this.

ace3g

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Will there even be any bad guys left for the TV show after this? :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: ace3g on Jan 18, 2019, 12:11:02 AM
https://twitter.com/JohnWickMovie/status/1085952461603368960

There's only one person in that picture who can't aim for sh*t, and he's blonde? That's so mean.  :laugh:

Wick's gonna have to be like "I'm over here dumba** ".

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ace3g on Jan 17, 2019, 05:41:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7XM597XO94

Oh yes, that looks like fun! Loving the attack dogs!

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 17, 2019, 10:07:05 AM
Rewatched the first one yesterday. Great film. Chapter 2 tonight!

Feeling a rewatch myself! Need to pick up #2, though. Haven't seen it since the cinema.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 18, 2019, 08:59:57 AMFeeling a rewatch myself! Need to pick up #2, though. Haven't seen it since the cinema.

I'd only seen the second one the once before as well; watched it again last night.

I think I might actually prefer it. While it lacked the refreshing simplicity the first one had going for it plot-wise, everything else about it - the world-building, and most importantly the action sequences - feels far more grand and impressive.

I am sad to hear Cassian won't be back though, because that was definitely set up in Chapter 2.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 18, 2019, 12:12:59 AM
Will there even be any bad guys left for the TV show after this? :laugh:
Keanu is awesome. I'm a huge Matrix fan from back in the day, so John Wick means a lot to me.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

I'm not really an guns blazing action movie fan. I like the Mission Impossible films but stuff like the Bourne films are fun they just don't click with me. That being said I absolutely LOVE this series. The action is so way done and its not just people hiding behind things shooting at each other it flows from gun play to physical combat so effortlessly. Also I saw the first one a week or so after my dog passed away so maybe thats why I connect with it so much. 

ace3g

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I really like the John Wick films, but the overuse of obvious CGI muzzle flare winds me up no end.

What the f*ck happened to using blanks?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

As long as they aren't giant cartoon X shapes like in Predators, I'm good. :laugh:

ace3g

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 17, 2019, 08:19:38 PM
I really like the John Wick films, but the overuse of obvious CGI muzzle flare winds me up no end.

What the f*ck happened to using blanks?

Naw man, the most unholy thing that effects these movies is making the gunshots sound like they're using a stapler, even without using a "Hollywood suppressor". Every movie does this now. He fires off guns indoors without ear protection and can still talk to people afterwards?

Or like when that one female assassin kills that guy with his own revolver in the first one. Point blank in a small room with no ear protection. 98% of what I shoot is magnum caliber revolvers. Even in wide open pastures outdoors, you fire off one shot from a .357 without ear protection and youre gonna be hearing ringing and squat for 15 minutes straight or more, and your neighbors a half mile away are going to hear it with the windows closed.

Open range had a few scenes where some of the guns sounded realistic, but the whole put-put sounds they give guns nowadays gets my gander up. And don't get me started on "run all night".

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed