AVP: part of the canon, or a separate universe?

Started by DUB1, Aug 27, 2014, 05:03:14 PM

Author
AVP: part of the canon, or a separate universe? (Read 27,559 times)

yhe1

That's not good enough. You need actual proof, and not just a case.

TurokSwe

Quote from: SiL on Feb 03, 2019, 10:44:20 AM
Quote from: TurokSwe on Feb 03, 2019, 10:41:49 AM
No, that conclusion came as a result of my discussion with SM.
How you choose to interpret a conversation is not proof of anything. Your supposition is still baseless and incorrect.

It's not as much about how I interpreted the conversation but more about the contents of said conversation. He didn't exactly make a very strong case for his stance.

Quote from: yhe1 on Feb 03, 2019, 10:45:22 AM
That's not good enough. You need actual proof, and not just a case.

Are you a child? Because the fact that I even state to have a case implies that I have evidence to support my stance, which is again provided in the OP.

The Kurgan

Well their behavior clearly indicates some level of frustration and since they refuse to properly address my arguments in the OP (which they could easily do if they had a case to make against it) then I can only assume that it's all due to some uncomfortable experience with the contents of my OP, which would be understandable, especially judging from past experiences with people within this fanbase (as well as others). This all brings me to doubt that some people actually care to carefully read it through. I can understand that they don't agree with it, but whether or not they can justify why they don't agree with is another thing.

Or maybe your arguments in the OP are not all that what you think they are and maybe people adequately refute them time and time again but you refuse to acknowlege it because it's not what you want to hear.

Maybe you just see what you want to see.

SiL

Quote from: TurokSwe on Feb 03, 2019, 10:46:10 AM
It's not as much about how I interpreted the conversation but more about the contents of said conversation. He didn't exactly make a very strong case for his stance.
The contents were "I work with Fox and they say the films aren't canon to each other."

Your interpretation is "This sounds like a personal opinion, not the Company line."

Whether you're satisfied with his specific wording is utterly irrelevant. He's in a position to answer the question; the answer is you are incorrect.

yhe1

Lol I can't understand why he just can't accept that there are two universes

TurokSwe

Quote from: The Kurgan on Feb 03, 2019, 10:48:29 AM
Well their behavior clearly indicates some level of frustration and since they refuse to properly address my arguments in the OP (which they could easily do if they had a case to make against it) then I can only assume that it's all due to some uncomfortable experience with the contents of my OP, which would be understandable, especially judging from past experiences with people within this fanbase (as well as others). This all brings me to doubt that some people actually care to carefully read it through. I can understand that they don't agree with it, but whether or not they can justify why they don't agree with is another thing.

Or maybe your arguments in the OP are not all that what you think they are and maybe people adequately refute them time and time again but you refuse to acknowlege it because it's not what you want to hear.

Or maybe you should avoid misrepresenting me (and stop making yourself a hypocrite as far as "seeing what you want to see" is concerned) and acknowledge that not a single response in this entire thread has properly addressed the case made in my OP, and at best they have mentioned and insisted upon arguments which are already addressed in the OP.

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 03, 2019, 10:49:06 AM
Ok.

Insulting people now, not surprised.

Not anything different from the treatment some people have been giving me throughout this entire thread.

The Kurgan

Quote from: TurokSwe on Feb 03, 2019, 10:57:46 AM

Or maybe you should avoid misrepresenting me (and stop making yourself a hypocrite as far as "seeing what you want to see" is concerned) and acknowledge that not a single response in this entire thread has properly addressed the case made in my OP, and at best they have mentioned and insisted upon arguments which are already addressed in the OP.

Don't be a hypocrite, admit Iam right. Also see the light of my OP. Got it.

TurokSwe

Quote from: SiL on Feb 03, 2019, 10:52:19 AM
Quote from: TurokSwe on Feb 03, 2019, 10:46:10 AM
The contents were "I work with Fox and they say the films aren't canon to each other."

Your interpretation is "This sounds like a personal opinion, not the Company line."

Whether you're satisfied with his specific wording is utterly irrelevant. He's in a position to answer the question; the answer is you are incorrect.

That is once more a misrepresentation. What he actually said was "When new stories are developed, we consider other Alien sources - we do not consider AvP" and which was generally true (with obvious exceptions) as we all ought to be aware of, but it had nothing to do with what is canon, but this was a mere licensing issue. He's not even representing Fox, and he never claimed to know what Fox has said on the issue, so how could he possibly be in an actual position to answer the question?

Quote from: yhe1 on Feb 03, 2019, 10:52:54 AM
Lol I can't understand why he just can't accept that there are two universes

Probably because you have not yet demonstrated your claim to be accurate.

Quote from: The Kurgan on Feb 03, 2019, 11:02:11 AM
Quote from: TurokSwe on Feb 03, 2019, 10:57:46 AM

Don't be a hypocrite, admit Iam right. Also see the light of my OP. Got it.

Not what I said, but thanks once again for misrepresenting me.

SiL

Quote from: TurokSwe on Feb 03, 2019, 11:03:28 AM
He's not even representing Fox, and he never claimed to know what Fox has said on the issue, so how could he possibly be in an actual position to answer the question?
He has claimed several times, in this thread, that he knows what Fox has said on the issue, as he frequently works with them.

You are now ignoring what people are saying and wilfully misinterpreting it to protect your opinion.

TurokSwe

Quote from: SiL on Feb 03, 2019, 11:05:39 AM
Quote from: TurokSwe on Feb 03, 2019, 11:03:28 AM
He's not even representing Fox, and he never claimed to know what Fox has said on the issue, so how could he possibly be in an actual position to answer the question?
He has claimed several times, in this thread, that he knows what Fox has said on the issue, as he frequently works with them.

You are now ignoring what people are saying and wilfully misinterpreting it to protect your opinion.

Yes, so he has claimed, and I already addressed what he actually had to say on the issue.

SiL

Quote from: TurokSwe on Feb 03, 2019, 11:07:26 AM
Yes, so he has claimed, and I already addressed what he actually had to say on the issue.
What he had to say was "Fox does not agree with what you are saying."

You haven't addressed it, you just keep insisting you're right. You make a baseless claim that he doesn't know what he's talking about, and continue on like you've won some argument. You're misinterpreting and ignoring information to suit your needs. And then spending the entire rest of the thread complaining that people are misinterpreting your words and ignoring your precious OP.

Again; you don't care about facts, you care about being right.

TurokSwe

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 03, 2019, 11:08:30 AM
At least these Canon sectarians aren't as bad as those dirty Al Bheds eh Turok?

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 03, 2019, 10:45:02 AM
Spoiler
\ \/ I (  |\ |
Spoiler
\/\/ I () |\ G
Spoiler

WRONG
[close]
[close]
[close]

Not claimed, stated.

I beg your pardon?

The Old One

The Old One

TurokSwe

Quote from: SiL on Feb 03, 2019, 11:10:08 AM
Quote from: TurokSwe on Feb 03, 2019, 11:07:26 AM
What he had to say was "Fox does not agree with what you are saying."

You haven't addressed it, you just keep insisting you're right. You make a baseless claim that he doesn't know what he's talking about, and continue on like you've won some argument. You're misinterpreting and ignoring information to suit your needs. And then spending the entire rest of the thread complaining that people are misinterpreting your words and ignoring your precious OP.

Again; you don't care about facts, you care about being right.

I just did address it once more just a few responses ago in order to remind you. Noting that the fact that you keep falsely referring to my OP as "precious and irrefutable" just goes to further demonstrate the desperation and frustration that its contents trigger. Again, it's just a strong case, and if you've got a better case to be made against it then please suggest it.

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 03, 2019, 11:15:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iACW002wuw

Now that's funny! ^^

SiL

Quote from: TurokSwe on Feb 03, 2019, 11:15:12 AM
I just did address it once more just a few responses ago in order to remind you. Noting that the fact that you keep falsely referring to my OP as "precious and irrefutable" just goes to further demonstrate the desperation and frustration that its contents trigger.
You didn't address it then either; you rolled out the same wilful misinterpretation of his words and meaning to support yourself. And I have never once referred to your OP as "irrefutable", simply precious (and only once), which you clearly hold it to be.

The only frustration is in your obstinate refusal to acknowledge reality when it contradicts what you believe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed