Do you consider ACM canon?

Started by The1PerfectOrganism, Mar 10, 2014, 09:57:57 PM

Aliens-Colonial Marines

That travesty which contradicted the films and disrespected Alien3? Not if hell froze over.
No, I didn't like it.
No elements were good but it didn't save it.
I don't care.
Yes.
Author
Do you consider ACM canon? (Read 28,183 times)

Darth Rinzler

Darth Rinzler

Unfortunately because of the information Prometheus adds to the lore we now know that Weyland Industries and David that went on the Prometheus knew before they left earth about a signal coming from LV-426.  What does this mean?   Well this means that WY would rather risk the lives of space truckers to get the alien rather than send say prisoners from Fury 161 to go get the alien.  The prisoners were under WY charge, Fury 161 is pretty darn close to LV-426 and the prison has been on that planet for a very very long time.  They had plenty of time to send prisoners or even a detachment from W.Y. to get the alien themselves, almost one hundred years to be exact.
[/quote]

Quote from: SM on Apr 14, 2014, 09:47:58 PM
That would entail the expense of a specific mission with a specific ship, and potential inteference from authorities.

This would be no more expense nor politically risky than setting up their prison colony factory on Fury 161.  They sure didn't feel any risk of being caught by other authority's when they commandeered a UKCM troop transport and took it to Fury 161 to get Ripley and the Aliens.  Nor did they feel concerned about people catching them when they had a huge deployment of WY employs, Mercs, and Private Contractors with mobile quick build bases and even lots of USCM combat vehicles set up on LV-426.

Also if expense was an issue they wouldn't have bothered making such a state of the art space craft like the Prometheus and sending it to a planet that is nearly right next LV-426.  If they were so concerned about the authorities Peter would have realized that coming back to earth younger or immortal would raise a couple eyebrows.

Quote from: SM on Apr 14, 2014, 09:47:58 PM
And where is it written that the prison has been there for nearly a hundred years prior to 2122?

I didn't, I said it was their for a very long time, very likely before even the colony was set up on LV-426 judging by their equipment, the state the whole compound and its equipment was in, including the communication dishes.

Quote from: SM on Apr 14, 2014, 10:14:52 PM
No, you can't.

Yes I can

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Alien- The interior of the Derelict. (No-where is it stated it is a different Derelict so we must assume it's the same one.)

Alien3-Several elements of Fury 161 are inaccurate from basic structure to the camo on the Pulse rifles.

Alien- Despite the Jockey having his ribcage torn open there's no visable acid burn in the floor.

Aliens- "Tip, caseless." -Hicks, describing a standard issue Pulse Rifle, why then shortly after Aliens in A:CM do they suddenly have cases?

Prometheus- Fifield's pups are in the Derelict for some strange reason despite it being implied they belong to him alone-
"Pups?"-Milburn "Yeah, my Pups."-Fitfield

Alien3- Michael Bishop Weyland is human in the film, yet in the game he is an android without even red blood as some have hypothosied.

Alien3- Hicks died, we know this for certain in the film because Andrews identifies him using his implant.
A:CM ignored this fact.

But that's just speculation, don't you understand your word doesn't make it true?
You have to back up what you say with evidence.

And remember what the Prometheus found? Death, as Shaw mentions and Peter found an Engineer.
It's almost certain the company thought, "well let's not waste more money like Peter did" they weren't even sure there was anything of value on LV426, as shown by them casually visiting while it was convenient via the Nostromo.

And A:CM for the reasons you listed alone about all the contractors, flight time etc can be considered bullshit on that alone.

SM

SM

QuoteThis would be no more expense nor politically risky than setting up their prison colony factory on Fury 161.

How is setting up a mining operation comparable to securing a bioweapon?

QuoteThey sure didn't feel any risk of being caught by other authority's when they commandeered a UKCM troop transport and took it to Fury 161 to get Ripley and the Aliens. 

WHich UKCM troop transport was this?

QuoteNor did they feel concerned about people catching them when they had a huge deployment of WY employs, Mercs, and Private Contractors with mobile quick build bases and even lots of USCM combat vehicles set up on LV-426.

Because they knew what they were dealing with at that point.  Prior to the Nostromo mission - they didn't.  If they did they wouldn't have sent tug jockies.

QuoteAlso if expense was an issue they wouldn't have bothered making such a state of the art space craft like the Prometheus and sending it to a planet that is nearly right next LV-426.  If they were so concerned about the authorities Peter would have realized that coming back to earth younger or immortal would raise a couple eyebrows.

Again, the situations aren't comparable.

Alien3-Several elements of Fury 161 are inaccurate from basic structure to the camo on the Pulse rifles.

In Stasis Interrupted, Hicks wakes up in different clothes than he went to sleep in, then on Fiorina, runs in through a door that isn't there, to see RIpley standing in a different spot on gantry than the film, Morse is missing, and the guards that catch him walk through a spot that was blocked by a fence in the film.

That's before we even mention the endless continuity errors in the main game itself, which already been exhaustively detailed 12 months ago.

Darth Rinzler

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 14, 2014, 10:16:46 PM
Alien- The interior of the Derelict. (No-where is it stated it is a different Derelict so we must assume it's the same one.)

It is a different ship.  It has none of the attributed damage seen in the Alien and Aliens movie.  It also has not suffered the damage that the foreman has mentioned in the data tapes in ACM.

Their is even two separate vs mode maps that have a pilots ship in it.  One is called the Derelict, the other is called the Origin.

Be specific.

Alien- Despite the Jockey having his ribcage torn open there's no visable acid burn in the floor.

Its a different ship, that Jockey on this ship appears to have had at least two chestbursters.

Aliens- "Tip, caseless." -Hicks, describing a standard issue Pulse Rifle, why then shortly after Aliens in A:CM do they suddenly have cases?

They had cases.  It was shown in the scene in Aliens in the air-vent, also in the blue prints shown for the explosive shells it is shown they are not caseless.

Prometheus- Fifield's pups are in the Derelict for some strange reason despite it being implied they belong to him alone-
"Pups?"-Milburn "Yeah, my Pups."-Fitfield

The technology is still in use, unless you don't except the Foxverse which causes tech-level discrepancy for the Prometheus - alien 4 only universe fans.

Alien3- Michael Bishop Weyland is human in the film, yet in the game he is an android without even red blood as some have hypothosied.

Prometheus plot made it so he is not a human.  Peter Weyland never had a Son, David was the only thing he had that was like a Son.

Alien3- Hicks died, we know this for certain in the film because Andrews identifies him using his implant.
A:CM ignored this fact.

The Marines never had implants.  You are mistaking their IFF chips in their M3 armor for skin grafted location chips the people living on LV-426 had.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Get me a source that states it's a different ship, and you're incorrect the damage was shown in Aliens and Michael describes is in his audio log that a volcanic eruption took off the arm completely shortly after they arrived. -It's intended to be the same Derelict.

I don't think you know what Caseless means in that "case" boy.

No it doesn't cause any discrepancies, we've all argued this before and came to the agreement that there isn't.

Michael doesn't have to be a direct descendant, perhaps he's his nephew whom inherited the company.
Prometheus doesn't change anything on that.
Nice how you ignored my point about the blood BTW.

Then how do you suppose Andrews got his I.D before talking to Ripley despite being unable to as easily identify him with his face being crushed into mush and all? It had to be an I.D tag of some kind, in which case A:CM still causes a plot-hole there.

SM

SM

Andrews had Hicks' dog tags, which hang from his vault in the morgue.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: SM on Apr 14, 2014, 10:55:12 PM
Andrews had Hicks' dog tags, which hang from his vault in the morgue.

Isn't he wearing those in A:CM also?

SM

SM

Yes.  Yes, he is.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Stupid game. :laugh:

PsyKore

PsyKore

A part of me always dies when this game is actually seriously considered canon.

I'm all for people accepting their own canon, but I think this game crosses the line of what's acceptable, and there's a point where you need to just say "f**k no." :P

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

f**k ACM. f**k it in its face.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Explosive tipped caseless means that the rounds fired by something other than the powder that would've been in the round casings.  The rounds are MEANT to be caseless but of course the technology to electrically pulse fire a weapon were not around in any functional respect at the time......thus the prop guns used casings.

Everytime you see them in Aliens its a goof. 

Engineer

Engineer

The derelict is the same ship in Aliens/alien as it is in A:CM. in stasis interrupted, one of the cutscenes where evil-bishop droid is interrogating hicks he says that the derelict survived Hadley's explosion unscathed.

Also, the bishop-droid could have replaced the "human" bishop in alien3; which would explain why he had white blood in A:CM.

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Unfortunately I do consider it canon, but solely due to the agreement made by Fox. It's a legally binding liscensed intellectual property.

I certainly wish it were not, but my desires as a fan do nothing to alter this reality.

SM

SM

What is and isn't canon, isn't necessarily set in stone.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed