Would you trust Gearbox on Predator franchise?

Started by demonbane, Aug 20, 2013, 05:29:23 AM

Should Gearbox take responsibility?

Yeah.... maybe? I am an idiot and represent everything wrong with gaming industry...
5 (10.4%)
Hell, no! They will outsource this as well!
43 (89.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author
Would you trust Gearbox on Predator franchise? (Read 3,909 times)

demonbane

http://www.oxm.co.uk/48424/besides-completely-different-aliens-sequels-gearbox-wouldnt-mind-making-a-predator-game/
QuoteGiven crossover between the Predator's taste in murderous gadgets and the gizmo-driven frenzy of Borderlands, a question about Gearbox's interest in Arnold Schwarzenegger's least favourite extra-terrestrial seemed appropriate. Thomas wouldn't say much, but conceded that the idea had a certain charm.

"Hey if people want a Predator game and if Gearbox want to make one... Somebody somewhere with a better title than I will hash that detail out someday, but as a developer I'm always excited to work on anything new because it's a new challenge."

If by somehow nightmare this happens, I will seriously bomb Gearbox HQ.

Hudson

I would buy it because I'm a consumer whore.

underbound

The second option is what I thought as soon as I saw this topic. HELL NO! And if they did I know to wait till after 10months of release to get it at a 3rd hand store for $1. The end

PsyKore

Gearbox like the idea of being a big name developer but have proven they don't want to put in the hard work to do it. Nor do they have the talent required, honestly.

So HELL NO!

Hudson

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 21, 2013, 05:12:15 AM
Gearbox like the idea of being a big name developer but have proven they don't want to put in the hard work to do it. Nor do they have the talent required, honestly.

So HELL NO!

Aren't Borderlands 1 & 2 like...extremely popular and well regarded?  ???

PsyKore

Quote from: Hudson on Aug 21, 2013, 05:24:39 AM
Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 21, 2013, 05:12:15 AM

So HELL NO!

Aren't Borderlands 1 & 2 like...extremely popular and well regarded?  ???

Depends who you talk to, I guess. They're well made and fun games, but personally I don't think Borderlands is as great as it is popular. They essentially have an addictive functionality in the form of looting and gun collecting which overshadows what is just a standard shooter. The cartoon graphics could be considered a style by some, too, but it's more likely just a way to cut workload and texture the whole game in quicker time.

Gearbox's approach to gaming is always gimmicky, lacks proper substance and is marketing-heavy. And they usually work out the best way to do something with the least amount of effort.

aliens13

I'll never trust in Gearbox.

PVTDukeMorrison

They should never be allowed any more movie licenses 

p1nk81cd

I suggest we perform Exterminatus upon these vile, unclean Heretics. Their existence cannot be aloud to continue. Many franchises are at risk because of their tainted touch.

Bjørn Half-hand

I wouldn't touch it.

Komenja

Komenja

Aw hell naw!

I don't want Gearbox's horrendous random stat weapons and terrible level design anywhere near Predator.

demonbane

Quote from: Hudson on Aug 20, 2013, 06:32:41 AM
Changed the pole because of this.

Cal427eb

Why is this a thread?

Hudson

Quote from: demonbane on Aug 30, 2013, 05:36:55 AM
Quote from: Hudson on Aug 20, 2013, 06:32:41 AM
Changed the pole because of this.

QuoteI am an idiot and represent everything wrong with gaming industry...

Uh...thanks?

Spoiler
[close]

JokersWarPig

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 22, 2013, 05:33:54 AM
They should never be allowed any more movie licenses

This.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed