The Wii U version and what been burning in my mind..

Started by Paladinrja, Feb 14, 2013, 11:53:30 AM

Author
The Wii U version and what been burning in my mind.. (Read 462 times)

Paladinrja

Paladinrja

A friend whom lives just up the road from Demiurge (literally) has sighted WY symbol on a U gamepad screen on the table. They couldn't reveal to him the game (yes, he did ask) but told him its getting the works and it will be something special, worth the wait and done when ts done.
I don't see why this should be an issue though. The next generation of systems are comming out everyone should be comming to grips with the end of this one by now.

I sincerely hope, that seeing as sega stupidly decided to release this game on other, current, console platforms; that they make good on that and make sure its up to scratch even if they give it to another developer.

It was wrong of them to release a new title on an old platform without being very specific about how that would emerge.
PC isn't really an issue I guess, it can be easily updated with back ported and polished U version code. You know its true, you've already seen it at the 2hr IGN reveal - when the Wii U version hits, PC will get a magic upgrade.

Obviously the joint venture partners decided that return of the title on old systems wasn't worth the continued expense to further its developement and it shows. I had it on PS3 and it really looks just like they canned development on it, ages ago only to sum it up for the 12/2 release.

Releasing a title on PS3 & 360 has a limited lifespan beyond day 1 adoption (maybe a few months no matter how ya bake it). However developing a title for the next gen has a much longer lifespan, being an Aliens franchise game and all, potentially 2-3yrs; even longer when you consider that U version adds a placeholder for an Orbis (?) & Xbox (new) version in the future.
Nintendo have thier system out and it looks like the others are stepping up thier schedules in regard to this as well. The current console versions are sheerly a reaction to Wii U adoption being slow.

But it still doesn't sit well with me, for them to have not been honest and simply refrain from releasing this title on PS3 & 360. This is where (I suspect) the true nature of greed over this title rests and where you will find greatest culpability with Sega.
As I've said in many posts before its the 3 partners themselves that are equally responsible ethically. Sega more so because I bet they canned the current console versions only to resurect them for money at the 11th hour.

• Gearbox - Over being dishonest about thier primary reason for outsourcing platform versions in the first place, primary production was obviously going to the platforms with the longest longevity.
  • Sega - For being dishonest about the title direction and its prospectus. Many PS3 & 360 owners would've most likely abstained. Greed inspired them to allow or even possibly apply pressure towards an inferior release.
  • 20th Century Fox - for being dishonest regarding what would be thematically included in the canon. Which will be even worse if the U version gets a properly expanded story.

And finally the media, whom I just cannot believe did not know about all this; but once again I've gone on about this elsewhere before.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed