would you buy a Lighter version of AvP-R if fox ever fixed the darkness problem?

Started by marrerom, Oct 28, 2012, 04:05:40 AM

If AvP-R were re-released with better visual quality would you buy it?

yes
16 (48.5%)
no
17 (51.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author
would you buy a Lighter version of AvP-R if fox ever fixed the darkness problem? (Read 4,126 times)

Jango1201

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 02, 2012, 11:08:24 PM
Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Nov 02, 2012, 10:53:59 PM
Pointless thread as I doubt 20th Century Fox would touch the ALIEN (let alone AVP) franchise ever again.

:D

Alien, Predator, and even AVP are big names. Big names bring in big money. Fox isn't going to turn down money.

I doubt they'd ever release a lighter AVPR, but they're supposedly eventually moving forward with another Prometheus film and another Predators film. Its a bit of a stretch to say Fox is never going to touch the franchise again, even if the last few installments have disappointed a lot of people.

Fox isn't going to look at it from the disappointed fans aspect, their going to look at it from financial success. Prometheus is going to draw another crowd in with hopes of having their questions answered.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Nov 03, 2012, 06:10:37 AM
With somewhat average earnings? Not so sure. The Predator franchise is going nowhere fast.

Maybe not fast, but the franchise isn't going to be forgotten. If all else fails, they'll probably just remake it.

Quote from: Jango1201 on Nov 03, 2012, 08:07:54 AM
Fox isn't going to look at it from the disappointed fans aspect, their going to look at it from financial success. Prometheus is going to draw another crowd in with hopes of having their questions answered.

Agreed. A lot of people complained about P2, A3, AR, AVP, AVPR, Preds, and now Prom, yet they still kept making more; the series is profitable, and despite complaining, people still go and give Fox their money to see them.

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 03, 2012, 01:06:10 PMA lot of people complained about P2, A3, AR, AVP, AVPR, Preds, and now Prom, yet they still kept making more; the series is profitable, and despite complaining, people still go and give Fox their money to see them.

Erm? Don't under-estimate people's patience and the backlash from fans.

Prometheus may have been a box-office success but the backlash from fans about the script, plot, characters made the mainstream news and lead to Damien Lindelof stepping down as writer.

I for one will not see another Prometheus/PREDATORS film- I swear.

Plus the whole "Engineers" made the Xenomorph revelation has totally killed my interest in ALIEN as a film series.

Only ALIENS comics and videogames have kept the franchise alive in my mind.

Crazy Rich

People still complain about the "darkness"? I could see the movie just fine with my 20/20 vision back when it came out to theaters. It makes me wonder if this darkness thing is just some hater bull crap that actually gained enough support. I'm not fond of the movie myself but I'm also honest.

No I wouldn't buy it, not because I think the lighting is fine, but because it's painful enough that I bought the unrated version when I despise the movie. It is just 'there' as a 'historical document' serving as a reminder.

SM

QuoteIt makes me wonder if this darkness thing is just some hater bull crap that actually gained enough support.

It's not. I read a number of reviews online and in newspapers when it came out, all mentioning how dark it was.

SiL

The scenes in the hospital as they're going up the stairs are almost unwatchable on most setups.

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SM on Nov 03, 2012, 10:04:53 PM
QuoteIt makes me wonder if this darkness thing is just some hater bull crap that actually gained enough support.

It's not. I read a number of reviews online and in newspapers when it came out, all mentioning how dark it was.

I must of missed that.

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2012, 10:12:56 PM
The scenes in the hospital as they're going up the stairs are almost unwatchable on most setups.

I don't remeber it that way but you know what? I'm not rally going to spend anymore time defending the lighting because I don't like the grabage that is called AvP-R anyway.  :laugh: Plus this was a long time ago, I'm just surprised people are still holding on to this detail.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I just noticed the Pony in your sig has these 3 white dots that look like a Predator laser pointer.

Crazy Rich

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Nov 03, 2012, 10:27:56 PM
I just noticed the Pony in your sig has these 3 white dots that look like a Predator laser pointer.

Freckles, but I made that observation once too.

DJ Pu$$yface

Maybe he/she/transvestite pony is going to have its head blown off and MLP will end forever.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Nov 03, 2012, 07:30:16 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 03, 2012, 01:06:10 PMA lot of people complained about P2, A3, AR, AVP, AVPR, Preds, and now Prom, yet they still kept making more; the series is profitable, and despite complaining, people still go and give Fox their money to see them.

Erm? Don't under-estimate people's patience and the backlash from fans.

Prometheus may have been a box-office success but the backlash from fans about the script, plot, characters made the mainstream news and lead to Damien Lindelof stepping down as writer.

Funny, because the majority of people actually liked both Prometheus and Predators. Not saying that makes them good films (everyone has they're own opinion), but, generally speaking, more people liked them than didn't. Critics included.

I doubt Fox is just going to give up on the franchise when there is so much more to milk from it. And you know what, I say let them. If the next film sucks, then it sucks. I still have the old ones to watch, and the potential for an upcoming film to be good is always there.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Didn't Darkness already closed this case by saying exactly what the deal was about the Darkness not too long ago?

Well, I found what I was referring to.

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 23, 2012, 07:33:49 AM
I spoke to Colin Strause about this last year and he claims Fox refused to let them touch the DVD/Blu-Ray at all. They said the west coast prints were fine but the east coast prints were dark. So they wanted to make the movie brighter but found out after they got the Blu-Ray from Fox, that the studio had made the movie a lot darker. They never had any say about it.

Bit of a surprise cos I always thought the darkness was their choice. It's easy to blame the Strauses but they just never stood a chance with this movie.

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 04, 2012, 05:51:04 AM
Didn't Darkness already closed this case by saying exactly what the deal was about the Darkness not too long ago?

lolwat

ShadowPred

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Nov 04, 2012, 05:55:19 AM

lolwat

Even after posting the quote, you pretend that you didn't know what I meant. Why do you hurt me so?!

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 04, 2012, 06:03:36 AM
Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Nov 04, 2012, 05:55:19 AM

lolwat

Even after posting the quote, you pretend that you didn't know what I meant. Why do you hurt me so?!

No no no. It was just your sentence structure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed