Prometheus H.R. Giger Artwork Preview

Started by ikarop, Oct 01, 2012, 11:13:31 PM

Author
Prometheus H.R. Giger Artwork Preview (Read 47,559 times)

Nightmare Asylum

The tongues on these things remind be a bit of the drill tongue he wanted to use for Alien 3.

I'm guessing the head close up is more Fifield, and the lower one is a facehugger/baby Trilobite.

xii22loop

everyone who's saying "they aren't that good, not that great" can't you tell they are still only in that rough sketches form. Had further finished ones been done then they could be properly judged against other concept art from the film.

MrSpaceJockey

Looks very bat-like.  Can't say I like it that much.  It's good art, but not too good of a design.
Its hilarious that Giger put a question mark on top of the baby looking alien, like even he has no idea what the hell it is.  :D

Shit...this is almost convincing me to get the Blu-ray... D:

thecaffeinatedone

Quoteeveryone who's saying
..Me, basically. Anyway, I just don't think they're that great, artists can lose there talent along the road. Happens to the best of 'em and the ones we hold dear in our hearts. I'm not saying the creatures that we ended up with Prometheus were anything special either. Pretty decent, but sort of underwhelming is a more polite and accurate word that I'd use.

LarsVader

I wonder what the order of all of this is;
are these Giger's interpolations of the stuff that the production team did earlier,
or are these the very sketches that the production team based their work on?
Cause some of these aren't that far from what we got on screen.

MrSpaceJockey

I dunno.  Only one that looks like it's in the film is the deacon.  The "baby trilo" looks like it might be a mutated Fifield, but it isn't exactly like what we see in the deleted scene.

LarsVader

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Oct 02, 2012, 12:28:25 AM
..Me, basically. Anyway, I just don't think they're that great, artists can lose there talent along the road. Happens to the best of 'em and the ones we hold dear in our hearts. I'm not saying the creatures that we ended up with Prometheus were anything special either. Pretty decent, but sort of underwhelming is a more polite and accurate word that I'd use.
So this is overwhelming?

nendo

nendo

Quote from: xii22loop on Oct 02, 2012, 12:23:53 AM
everyone who's saying "they aren't that good, not that great" can't you tell they are still only in that rough sketches form. Had further finished ones been done then they could be properly judged against other concept art from the film.

Well no the drawing themselves are not that great but that's not what people might be refering to. Overall i don't like the designs. The tongues are crap and its just a rehash of his earlier work for some of the drawings. Nothing really stands out as being film quality designs

Quote from: LarsVader on Oct 02, 2012, 12:34:48 AM
So this is overwhelming?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8sv9gYsuLwc/TIbANxuY4SI/AAAAAAAAAVM/vX_8ArNJ5PA/s1600/374a.png

No its not overwhelming. In design or execution but at the time is was enough to get you excited as to what it could be. His recent stuff is very un-original. Even for giger

ikarop

lol LarsVader. Not cool sniffing our server.

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: LarsVader on Oct 02, 2012, 12:34:48 AM
So this is overwhelming?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8sv9gYsuLwc/TIbANxuY4SI/AAAAAAAAAVM/vX_8ArNJ5PA/s1600/374a.png

Pork chop sandwiches.

Blacklabel

Anyone willing to pm the full gallery?  :P

LarsVader

Quote from: Blacklabel on Oct 02, 2012, 01:02:54 AM
Anyone willing to pm the full gallery?  :P
A very good question!  :)

MrSpaceJockey

My only question: is there anything here really good that hasn't been posted yet?

LarsVader

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Oct 02, 2012, 01:09:30 AM
My only question: is there anything here really good that hasn't been posted yet?
This maybe?

Blacklabel

Waaaaaaaaa!  ;D

That is so Lovecraftian it hurts! :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed