Shaw's Baby Alive or Dead?

Started by Lie, Jun 02, 2012, 03:06:07 PM

Author
Shaw's Baby Alive or Dead? (Read 3,175 times)

Lie

Lie

Do you think it's like the normal Facehugger and dies after 1 pop or it goes on? Or if they go back to the planet it'll be alive and still looking for hosts? Or it could be on the ship with Shaw and David?

I ask cause it wasn't on screen at all when that thing was chestburstering.

Glaive

Glaive

It's merely a means of transferring genetic material from one host to another...it was never truly 'alive' to begin with.

...a mobile womb, if you will.

Berserker Pred

Berserker Pred

Quote from: Lie on Jun 02, 2012, 03:06:07 PM
Do you think it's like the normal Facehugger and dies after 1 pop or it goes on? Or if they go back to the planet it'll be alive and still looking for hosts? Or it could be on the ship with Shaw and David?

I was thinking about this earlier. I don't think it would be on the ship because facehuggers usually take a while to come off. It could lay more lay more than one alien though. If you look closely the ends of the tentacles that hold the engineers head in place they look a lot like the end of the tube that goes down the hosts throat.

SteaminStephen

SteaminStephen

When the alien came out the engineer it looked kinda like shaws baby was holding the engineer down in place. Not sure if it was dead or not but the engineer deffo looked tied down

Mr. Knight

Mr. Knight

It deserves to die purely for it's god awful design.

Berserker Pred

Berserker Pred

Quote from: SteaminStephen on Jun 02, 2012, 03:11:33 PM

When the alien came out the engineer it looked kinda like shaws baby was holding the engineer down in place. Not sure if it was dead or not but the engineer deffo looked tied down

I don't remember seeing it. And you can't see it in this picture although it is low quality.
Spoiler
[close]

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Glaive on Jun 02, 2012, 03:09:09 PM
It's merely a means of transferring genetic material from one host to another...it was never truly 'alive' to begin with.

...a mobile womb, if you will.

O'Bannon referred to the facehugger as an ambulatory penis. This is a BIG ambulatory penis.

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: Berserker Pred on Jun 02, 2012, 03:13:35 PM

I don't remember seeing it. And you can't see it in this picture although it is low quality.
Spoiler
[close]

ehm...what to say....it looks like from some trash movie from 80's.....

Lie

Lie

I made sure to look for it the second time, it wasn't there.

Spoiler
[close]

What gets me about that is it looks like a baby but it's about the size of the normal ones, make me think is gonna get bigger and is it gonna change into something more lethal (Changing in a cocoon).

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

I'm pretty sure the Squid thing (or Shaw's baby) wasn't there when the xeno comes out of the engineer...so yeah, it could be still alive, but why is anyone's guess since the movie was already going in a new direction!

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: Lie on Jun 02, 2012, 03:24:19 PM

This ISN'T 'S P E C I E S'

Spoiler
[close]

What gets me about that is it looks like a baby but it's about the size of the normal ones, make me think is gonna get bigger and is it gonna change into something more lethal (Changing in a cocoon).

Berserker Pred

Berserker Pred

Quote from: Lie on Jun 02, 2012, 03:24:19 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Ok so that means that there is a slight possibility it's alive but I don't think it matters as I don't think it's on the ship if it even is alive. Although if a sequel were to be people go an investigate what happened to the Prometheus then they'd have a spot of bother. I still think it's most likely dead though.

Valaquen

Valaquen

When it grabbed the Engineer, it reminded me of

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 02, 2012, 04:16:24 PM
When it grabbed the Engineer, it reminded me of

and this

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed