/!\ Spoiler /!\ AVP,AVP-R,PREDATORS Versus PROMETHEUS

Started by Le Celticant, May 30, 2012, 09:43:51 PM

Author
/!\ Spoiler /!\ AVP,AVP-R,PREDATORS Versus PROMETHEUS (Read 8,396 times)

Predaker

Quote from: mastermoon on May 31, 2012, 12:30:30 AM
Ok that means if he was born in 1990 that would retcon AVP out of Alien continuity.

Thats good news.
Yeah the TED talk was what, 2023? So he was in his mid 30's by then

mastermoon

It's just too hard to connect Prometheus with AVP, the two movies had origins that cannot connect.

OpenMaw

Quote from: JoeyBlow on May 31, 2012, 12:26:48 AM
Look man, if you hated the movie, then you need to leave the forums and stop killing the experience for everybody else.

I think you're mistaking a forum for a cult there Joey. :) Forums are all about debating and exchanging opinions. Not everyone sitting in a circle jerk.

"God, that movie rocked."
"Yep"
"Sure did"
"It was so.... Groovy."
"Hah, nice BC reference."
"I know right?"
"Well... This was fun."
-End of Forum-

Ok that means if he was born in 1990 that would retcon AVP out of Alien continuity.

Thats good news.

That fact alone does not retcon anything. Charles Bishop Weyland could easily have had a kid in the early 90s.

Predaker

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 31, 2012, 12:41:07 AM
Look man, if you hated the movie, then you need to leave the forums and stop killing the experience for everybody else.

I think you're mistaking a forum for a cult there Joey. :) Forums are all about debating and exchanging opinions. Not everyone sitting in a circle jerk.

"Yep"
"Sure did"
"It was so.... Groovy."
"I know right?"
"Well... This was fun."
-End of Forum-

Thats good news.

That fact alone does not retcon anything. Charles Bishop Weyland could easily have had a kid in the early 90s.
Maybe even an adored nephew, if it turns out the man was sterile.  ;)

Le Celticant

Look man, if you hated the movie, then you need to leave the forums and stop killing the experience for everybody else. It's still a week left for the US release and you have been continuously raining shit cookies on our parade. You saw it, great, you hate it, great. You answered spoiler questions, great. Your services are no longer needed.

Spoiler is in the topic titles.
Nothing forced you to read it.
I'm doing this to discuss it with people who saw it.
You haven't obviously so you'd rather not discuss it yet.

I didn't hate this movie, I dislike it.
Second time I have to explain this in ONE page.

This topic also isn't about the connection between AVP and Prometheus in terms of links but "similar elements and plot device" and it ain't talking either about the canon or not for both.

Please remain on topic, I made this so I can discuss the similitude between both movie plot device.
I don't want troll to discuss shits that are a thousands miles away from the purpose.

DISCUSS IF YOU'VE SEEN THE MOVIE PLEASE.

Thanks.

Predaker

*LMG impersonation*

"Are you telling me to stay out of this thread because I haven't seen the movie yet?"

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

I got nothing against the fact you ask for questions.
But if it is to theorize on Weyland connection with AVP, the horrible fake I hated this movie please stay away until you watched it and can come back and add your little contribution to the topic.

I took time to make a very decent and well explained post about the correlation and similitude between both movies.
Saying I'm just a hater without telling me that what I'm pointing is wrong is just useless and instantly plays against you.

Predaker

Quote from: Le Celticant on May 31, 2012, 01:17:23 AM
But if it is to theorize on Weyland connection with AVP, the horrible fake I hated this movie please stay away until you watched it and can come back and add your little contribution to the topic.

I took time to make a very decent and well explained post about the correlation and similitude between both movies.
Saying I'm just a hater without telling me that what I'm pointing is wrong is just useless and instantly plays against you.
Woah woah woah! I didn't call you a hater. I actually read your post, as long as it was. I enjoy this thread. Relax and have good time! ;)

Le Celticant

Quote from: Predaker on May 31, 2012, 01:21:25 AM
Quote from: Le Celticant on May 31, 2012, 01:17:23 AM

Woah woah woah! I didn't call you a hater. I actually read your posts, as long as it was. I enjoy this thread. Relax and have good time! ;)

I know Predaker  ;) this wasn't towards you but to the whole community and everyone who could just hate the fact I dislike the movie  :P
Just needed to clarify it and make it explicitly big so people won't miss it.
Or if they do, they aren't smart.  ::)

Xenomorphine

Thats good news.

Web sites are... Malleable. Especially when they end up vanishing a year or so after a movie's release.

If there's something in the film which points to this, that's one thing. Relying on the publicity site? Eh... Gospel, it is not. :)

JoeyBlow

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 31, 2012, 12:41:07 AM

"Yep"
"Sure did"
"It was so.... Groovy."
"I know right?"
"Well... This was fun."
-End of Forum-

Thats good news.

you may have missed the point of what i was trying to say even though i explained it as well as i could

OpenMaw

Quote from: JoeyBlow on May 31, 2012, 02:08:35 AM
you may have missed the point of what i was trying to say even though i explained it as well as i could

Not at all. Someone hating the movie, is no reason for them to "need to leave." I didn't misunderstand your words. If you meant something else, you should have said something else.  :)

escroto

You are fun Joey, keep It up man.

@_Le_Celticant: Still haven't watched the movie man, and tards aside, I see a lot of sense in your entire post and some of my worst fears (apart from Lindecock involvement of course) may become real in the few days left for me to watch the movie, being the biggest one the fact that Scott might have eventually sold his soul to Fox endless retardation and mediocrity and the clowns that have been managing the A L I E N franchise since the days of alien resurrection.

I'll tell you soon about my impressions. 'till then cheers for your post man

RoaryUK

If there are any similarities to AvP in this film then it's more likely something to do with Rothman at FOX than Ridley Scott, personally I don't think old Riddles had anything to do with the editing of this theatrical version, and it's pretty obvious why Rothamn would want to do this anyway.

Le Celticant

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 31, 2012, 07:23:30 AM
If there are any similarities to AvP in this film then it's more likely something to do with Rothman at FOX than Ridley Scott, personally I don't think old Riddles had anything to do with the editing of this theatrical version, and it's pretty obvious why Rothamn would want to do this anyway.

He agreed to direct the movie and had the storyline / script in the hands.
And it is very close to AVP.

Who figures...  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed