Alien - Prometheus

Started by atlantis, May 12, 2012, 05:33:13 AM

Author
Alien - Prometheus (Read 5,606 times)

atlantis

atlantis

When you look at the wall's structure from original Alien and Prometheus.
You notice that Prometheus's wall's look very metalic and the Alien wall very
organic....

My theory:

The Alien species do mimic the SJ world... to trick victims..

So first there where SJ's .. then they discovered the alien species...

And the SJ's found out, that this species produced this stuff to build there
hives...This stuff did have one big advantage no corrosion...

The SJ's cloned thousend's of this species.. for their own use.. to let them build
Derelict like ships.and other stuff( The same we use catarpillars to get silk )..

This went ok for thousend's of years...
But what the SJ's didn't know... that some of this species escaped
and started building a copy under ground of the SJ world..

So they mimiced the sj world.,. to trick victims

Such a species even exists on our planet...
In some new zealand caves some kind of slimy organism produces bio light.
They live with millions on the ceiling of the cave, and mimic with their
light the night sky...it looks like stars... and night insects what fly into
the cave.. are flying to these lights..and been trapped in the slimy stuff..

Well just a theory.... don't shoot me..lol

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I have often wondered if perhaps the aliens had cocooned the derelict's metallic surfaces in their resin, as they did to Hadley's Hope.  So yes, that part, at least, would make sense.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Well the more metalic look for Prometheus is by design, so having the more... cocooned look for it in relation with some kind of Xeno outbreak is very possible. Would be very cool.

escroto

escroto

Ridley wanted It to look more mechanic this time. There is no theory about anything this time, only that.

Valaquen

Valaquen

They said something to the effect of the new derelict ship (Juggernaut) not being damaged or abandoned, hence the look. Maybe it all falls apart to reveal some gross biomechanical innards.

escroto

escroto

Or maybe derelict ships really do have life and the one from alien was ready to produce alien eggs somehow, hence the appearance of Its interior walls.

I don't know If you guys have ever thought about that (I'm sure the older ones have), but If you see an aerial pic of the old derelict ship (or the new one what the hell) It somewhat represents something similar to the human female reproductive organs, being both derelict arms a representation of the fallopian tubes and, the center of the ship obviously the womb.

Yes, I do imply the old derelict ship was in fact alive and Its actual purpose was to produce those eggs somehow, hence Its total "Alien body structure" resemblance. Also, I think the jockey plugged (literally) to the chair has a critical role on this, since the body structure of the aliens are extremely similar (If not the same) to the space jockey suit.

This new derelict ship might seem different and more mechanical because Its purpose is different. Might gain life too If the old one did, why not, but for different purpose I'm sure, not producing the alien eggs.

Infected

Infected

I still find the scene when Shaw and Vickers are running from the kinda falling Juggernaut its almost like the ship is following them,
i hope its just running and dont know wich way its gonna fall left or right scene.

Glaive

Glaive

I bet the 'gap' between the two 'arms' saves them, as it rolls over the pair of them.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I like the idea of the aliens being used a silk worms.  Is that idea in the film? Probably not. But it's an interesting idea I can imagine the jockeys doing after discovering/creating these creatures and using their resin as a compound for building ships.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on May 12, 2012, 10:44:19 AM
I like the idea of the aliens being used a silk worms. 

I want a Hawaiian shirt made out of Alien resin!  They see me rollin', they be hatin',

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: Deuterium on May 12, 2012, 11:16:14 AM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on May 12, 2012, 10:44:19 AM
I like the idea of the aliens being used a silk worms. 

I want a Hawaiian shirt made out of Alien resin!  They see me rollin', they be hatin',

Strange...I always pictured you as a 'Zoot-Suit' kinda guy...

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Glaive on May 12, 2012, 11:43:58 AM
Strange...I always pictured you as a 'Zoot-Suit' kinda guy...

;D ;D

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

The "Juggernauts" control room interior walls look to me like the tire/tyre treads of a Juggernaut/Lorry/Truck

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on May 12, 2012, 01:01:39 PM
The "Juggernauts" control room interior walls look to me like the tire/tyre treads of a Juggernaut/Lorry/Truck
I see what you mean, actually.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 12, 2012, 05:57:07 AM
Well the more metalic look for Prometheus is by design, so having the more... cocooned look for it in relation with some kind of Xeno outbreak is very possible. Would be very cool.

I would love that explanation  8) But we still do not know if it's the same ship. If it is there is an alien on board because of the chestbursted space jockey so it is in fact a very possible explanation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed