Misc Prometheus Stuff

Started by ikarop, May 02, 2012, 10:33:57 PM

Author
Misc Prometheus Stuff (Read 225,900 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 09, 2012, 07:48:05 PM
Quote from: Berserker Pred on Oct 09, 2012, 06:08:26 PM
The "Sexual Arousal" is interesting. Was thing stuff made in part so that the subject has sex and creates a trilobite?
Seems put in there to justify Holloway and Shaw having sex ... which is weird 'cause they're a romantically involved couple.
Dat redundancy.

nendo

nendo

Quote from: RagingDragon on Oct 09, 2012, 06:38:01 PM
But disintegrate into what?  Too bad they totally fobbed what Holloway would've disintegrated into... and what is the relation to what the sacrificial engineer drank?

You need to learn what disintegrate means ;-)

Disintegrate - To become reduced to components, fragments, or particles

He wouldn't of turned into anything. Otherwise they would of used the words morphed or transformation

The black goo the engineers drank is probably the same thing. Holloway would of just broken down into nothing

Berserker Pred

Berserker Pred

Quote from: kittychu6 on Oct 09, 2012, 07:24:48 PM
Quote from: Virgil on Oct 09, 2012, 05:07:45 PM

Very interesting. So what I thought was true. Eating it makes you slowly disintegrate and Inhaling it makes mutate. The "Sexual Arousal" is interesting. Was thing stuff made in part so that the subject has sex and creates a trilobite?

the folks who wrote that made a bodge job. how would consuming it change the reaction compared to inhaling/rolling in it. thats just stupid.

Since when did you become an expert in alien bio-weapons? Calm down dude.

The "Sexual Arousal" is interesting. Was thing stuff made in part so that the subject has sex and creates a trilobite?
Seems put in there to justify Holloway and Shaw having sex ... which is weird 'cause they're a romantically involved couple.

Sadly...I think you're right :(

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I think we're rather overthinking a bit of bonus material that clearly was nowhere near the screenplay and may well have been made after the shoot.

kittychu6

kittychu6

Quote from: Berserker Pred on Oct 09, 2012, 08:20:55 PM
Quote from: kittychu6 on Oct 09, 2012, 07:24:48 PM
Quote from: Virgil on Oct 09, 2012, 05:07:45 PM

Very interesting. So what I thought was true. Eating it makes you slowly disintegrate and Inhaling it makes mutate. The "Sexual Arousal" is interesting. Was thing stuff made in part so that the subject has sex and creates a trilobite?

the folks who wrote that made a bodge job. how would consuming it change the reaction compared to inhaling/rolling in it. thats just stupid.

Since when did you become an expert in alien bio-weapons? Calm down dude.

you dont need to be an expert on alien bio-weapons to know that it doesn't make sense, just basic biology.

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Oct 09, 2012, 08:39:47 PM
I think we're rather overthinking a bit of bonus material that clearly was nowhere near the screenplay and may well have been made after the shoot.

this i agree with, just wish whoever had the job of making that piece of bonus material actually put some thought into their job

Quote from: nendo on Oct 09, 2012, 08:01:09 PM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Oct 09, 2012, 06:38:01 PM
But disintegrate into what?  Too bad they totally fobbed what Holloway would've disintegrated into... and what is the relation to what the sacrificial engineer drank?

You need to learn what disintegrate means ;-)

Disintegrate - To become reduced to components, fragments, or particles

He wouldn't of turned into anything. Otherwise they would of used the words morphed or transformation

The black goo the engineers drank is probably the same thing. Holloway would of just broken down into nothing

the engineer disintigrated and his dna re-configured to create new life on the planet they were seeding (or poisioning)

holloway was growing things inside him (eye worm was most likely a growing trilobite like the one he transferred to shaw) and was likely full of them (maybe dozens) so his body was breaking down from the consumption and poisoning of his flesh by the squids growing in him, so he wasnt disintegrating, but even if he did disintegrate, he would have left behind  lots of trilobite bursters to go hug everyone. so yes, disintegrate into what? into bodyhuggers. alot of them.

the engineer drank a different bioformer from what holloway consumed

d0mm2k8

d0mm2k8

I think it could be showing that the creation of the Trilobite doesn't just rely on the small chance of someone having sex (as it would do if actually used as a weapon generally) since the infected person is sexually aroused.

However this makes me wonder why the weapon even has the Trilobite-creating abilities, since disintegration seems more than adequate enough to kill everyone. Is the 'Alien' part of the weapon (including the inhalation path) actually an accidental bi-product? If so that negates my above statement about the arousal, but also could explain how the engineers were easily almost wiped out by their weapon on LV-223.

The data there suggests that they expected to just release the bio-weapon into our water/atmosphere, have it spread and break us all down, then life restarts. But uh, due to massive oversights in how the weapon works, the weapon bi-product killed them instead.

Quoteyou dont need to be an expert on alien bio-weapons to know that it doesn't make sense, just basic biology.
After just brainstorming it for a brief few seconds, how about inhaling it keeps the chemical in it's original state whilst consuming it causes digestive enzymes to change the molecule's structure, hence changing the function of the chemical somewhat? Entirely plausible in both real life and (especially) science fiction.

my guess is that the Deacon secretes the substance, therefore spreading it

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

There's actually two different kinds of black substance. The substance secreted from the exterior of the ampules, which seem to have disintegrating abilities, and the substance in the Ampule itself, which appears to carry the Xeno DNA itself.

Any one else notice this?

Pete Script

Pete Script

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Oct 10, 2012, 03:20:56 AM
There's actually two different kinds of black substance. The substance secreted from the exterior of the ampules, which seem to have disintegrating abilities, and the substance in the Ampule itself, which appears to carry the Xeno DNA itself.

Any one else notice this?

Exactly, maybe the chemical changed when it made contact with the air.

Alien³

Alien³

This is awesome!

LarsVader

LarsVader

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: AvatarIII on Oct 10, 2012, 11:16:31 AM
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/22966/prometheus-we-meet-the-designers-behind-the-film
Thanks for that, a good read.

QuoteWith Prometheus, we're still arguing about it months later. And that's what I love about this film: love it or hate it, there's stuff to talk about in this film. There's stuff to debate, and that's what makes it a compelling experience.
People are arguing about the quality of the film, not about the ideas (cough) that are in the film.

LarsVader

LarsVader

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed