Alien Resurrection (PSX) Would you play a PC port?

Started by OpenMaw, Mar 24, 2012, 04:12:15 AM

Author
Alien Resurrection (PSX) Would you play a PC port? (Read 5,071 times)

OpenMaw

If there had been a PC port of the PSX First Person Survival Horror Alien Resurrection would you have played it back in the day?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTL1w7JdKv8#

It seems like such a waste that it never was. It was quite good, but probably would have faired much better on the PC. (I often found it too difficult simply because of the controls!).

Xenomrph

I'd absolutely play a PC port.

Salt The Fries

I'd absolutely love if someone ported it and remade it with newer textures, also making Aliens less scripted, allowing them to climb on the ladders after you and stand on their fours more often; maybe also a bigger differentiation of characters would've been a nice touch as well. That being said, I loved the game on PS1, one of the best FPS games I've ever played.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Mar 24, 2012, 06:50:34 AM
one of the best FPS games I've ever played.
I'm not saying I didn't like the game, but if the above statement is true all that means is you haven't played a lot of FPS games. It's a fun game, but there's dozens of better FPS games out there.

Salt The Fries

I'm a gamer since 1991. (Father's voice): please try again. To me it was an exceptional game of its kind simply because how well it implemented the survival horror / ammo conservation aspect into it and how immersive it was (head-bobbing, feeling the weight and hearing your own steps, overall sound design, wonderfully directed scripted events, overall feeling of hopelessness).

Xenomrph

If you want better, scarier survival-horror FPS games, I highly recommend checking out Fatal Frame or Condemned.

For me the thing that dragged the A:R game down was the controls - it kind of comes from an era where FPS games on consoles were still trying to figure out how to make dual-stick FPS controls "work", and Halo hadn't come out yet.

Salt The Fries

I can understand the controls sentiment, but I just happened to be one of the very few guys who got used to it (I ditched the analog controls) flawlessly and had never had any problems...And for the record I've finished both parts of Condemned and I'm fairly familiar with Fatal Frame, though played it only at a friend's place as I didn't have PS2 back then and I don't have it now...I'll eventually get to play it.

mastermoon

My biggest problem with this game are it's controls.

They could of been simple like Alien Trilogy's.

OpenMaw

I think my major complaints with the controls come down to the incredibly sluggish crouching, and the combat against face huggers. Everything else was manageable as far as consoles go. Just those two things were incredibly stiff. It basically limited your capacity to evade aliens by ducking back into vents... and facehuggers were such cheap little bastards.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed