SPOILER-THEORY: The Wrong Space Trousers

Started by 180924609, Mar 21, 2012, 05:48:03 PM

Author
SPOILER-THEORY: The Wrong Space Trousers (Read 5,856 times)

The Engineer - Space Trousers.

Another Engineer? - same Space Trousers

Giant thing that Shaw and Ford find in the Ampule Room - trousers not the same as the engineer!

Demonic alien-esque looking figure - similar trousers to the thing that Shaw and Ford found. Notice its elongated form, especially from the 'elbow to the hand'.

I think this guy ^^ is our Space Jockey 'pilot' from ALIEN!

Perhaps it is these 'demons' that try to steal the Engineers technology and end up contaminating the 'look and feel' of the ship and ultimately bring about the eggs/xenomorph? Maybe they tried before, eons ago, but failed?

Grommmmiiiiiiiiiitt!

marsekay

Demonic alien-esque looking figure with similar trousers to the thing that Shaw and Ford found. Notice its elongated form, especially from the 'elbow to the hand'.

I think this guy is our Space Jockey 'pilot' from ALIEN!

Perhaps it is these 'demons' that try to steal the Engineers technology and end up contaminating the 'look and feel' of the ship and ultimately bring about the eggs/xenomorph? Maybe they tried before, eons ago, but failed?

Grommmmiiiiiiiiiitt!
[/quote]

Well that alien looking chap looks rather "bound to a rock" to me! Maybe the other aliens are stealing some kind of biological matter from his body while he's stuck there like that!

zakzak

We can safely say there are more than a few parties that want the God's technology.

NGR01

These 2 images are not of a real ENGINEER.

Bot are human sized
From the paintings, and the size of the dead ENGINEER body and of course of the Space Jockey ENGINEERS are giants. To verfify the size of the being in the first pic just check this image, and the design of the console. You will realize he's not giant but human sized.

As for this dead ENGINEER, whose huge helmet is brought back in the Prometheus, he's wearing a full suit.

As for this, its the GIGER's murals.

nendo

The first two pictures. You can only see the leg from the front in the second picture and the first picture you only see it from the side. You can hardly see the front in the first picture. But looking at it closly you can see that its the same pattern on both legs. The look different because of the angle

The leg in the 3rd picture is the full space jockey suit. So there could be another space jockey at towards the beginning of the film but the first picture im going to say is the same person

Mustangjeff

Interesting.

We know there are lots of SJ suits/bodies laying around.  One in the ampule room, and then there was another image in the trailer of a tunnel with a few laying off to the side.

Three of the sarcophagi in the SJ control room look to have been "bursted" from the inside out.   You can see it on a hires image of the picture of where david is crouched at the SJ control chair.

Perhaps by the time Prometheus lands, the party in SJ central is well underway.  We potentially have dead jockeys laying in rooms and tunnels, bursted sarcophigi, and that Giger Mural has to be more than something pretty to look at.  I'm wondering if some SJ creation got loose, and wiped them out.  In the process of integrating their DNA, they became sentient and learned how to use the SJ technology.  Once the humans showed up they discovered a world full of beings to use as incubators for reproduction.

The SJ we see in the movie might actually be trying to stop them and not wipe out humans.  Far fetched I know :) 

Eva

I think it's just a dead engineer in the suit but without the helmet (the one that lies next to the body and they bring back with them). That's why the legs design differs from the living engineer without the suit (presumably). There seems to be at least 3 engineer corpses we've seen sofar.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Eva on Mar 21, 2012, 08:42:10 PM
I think it's just a dead engineer in the suit but without the helmet (the one that lies next to the body and they bring back with them). That's why the legs design differs from the living engineer without the suit (presumably). There seems to be at least 3 engineer corpses we've seen sofar.

This to me sounds the most plausible and reasonable.

Except the Engineer-in-the-suit is far too small to be the Space Jockey from ALIEN.

OpenMaw

Quote from: 180924609 on Mar 21, 2012, 09:55:16 PM
Except the Engineer-in-the-suit is far too small to be the Space Jockey from ALIEN.

People need to let this go. A. It's not the same creature. B. Not all creatures from a given species are the same size. C. There are many factors to what's going onto that scene. (We see bits of it moving) so for all we know it gets bigger as the integration finalizes. (He could be "Slouched" into the console).  :)

Cvalda

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Mar 21, 2012, 08:37:24 PM
Perhaps by the time Prometheus lands, the party in SJ central is well underway.  We potentially have dead jockeys laying in rooms and tunnels, bursted sarcophigi, and that Giger Mural has to be more than something pretty to look at.  I'm wondering if some SJ creation got loose, and wiped them out.  In the process of integrating their DNA, they became sentient and learned how to use the SJ technology.
At the Mountains of Prometheus! :P

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 21, 2012, 09:58:11 PM
At the Mountains of Prometheus! :P

INTERIOR - UNIVERSAL STUDIOS CEO'S OFFICE

"...so what do you think off this At The Mountains Of Madness project, sir? Gulliermo Del Toro is ready to direct, James Cameron will produce and everything is set to go. Everybody is raving, Lovecrafts classic on the big screen - this has huge potential and - "

CEO: "Naah, I don't think so. We've got this The Thing prequel all lined up and the story is fantastic. Utterly fantastic I tell you. We are gonna go with this instead - nobody want to watch a bunch of people running around in Antarctica. It has no babe character either we can capitalize on."

"... but... but, sir..? The Thing takes place on Ant - "

CEO: "It's done. There, I did it. Now get out."

josh_axey

Quote from: Eva on Mar 21, 2012, 10:26:53 PM

*shudders*
Gotta love them studios.

On the original topic though:
Thats a pretty good pick up. I agree, obviously, on the wrong space trousers part.
Also on that the 'Alien' mural may be a depiction of the being bound to something (or it could just be a mural). But I like to think perhaps thats part of the imagery that whoever commisioned the mural was going for (still not convinced it is a Giger work).

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Anyone else think that the alien murals head looks a lot like the ampules?

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

The more I look at this 'Engineer' the more I think that it isn't actually wearing anything at all and that the leathery bio-mech on its body is its body. Whatever it is, it could be a mimic; its features are formed like ours in response to the presence of the human astronauts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed