Will Aliens Colonial Marine decrease the number of multiplayer players for AVP?

Started by predxeno, Jan 06, 2012, 06:53:20 PM

Author
Will Aliens Colonial Marine decrease the number of multiplayer players for AVP? (Read 5,721 times)

predxeno

I still need to get the XP Trophies for AVP and I'm a little concerned about a smaller PS3 gaming population for this game when A:CM hits the shelves.  I know a small number of players will stop AVP and start this game when A:CM does come, but another portion will wait for the game to get cheaper, and others just won't change games at all.  I hop the AVP multiplayer will still live for a long time to come.

Stalker

The last time I checked there weren't that many people playing AvP anyway.

SahrsnTheRonin

I think Colonial Marines will hopefully be awesome. But still I think they'll still be people playing avp. Its just such a unique game.

predxeno

Quote from: SahrsnTheRonin on Jan 08, 2012, 10:50:05 AM
I think Colonial Marines will hopefully be awesome. But still I think they'll still be people playing avp. Its just such a unique game.

That's what I'm thinking as well.

SahrsnTheRonin

Besides a lot of ppl play Avp for the Predator experience in particular, and I do not think that will will be available in Aliens C, since its based on the Alien franchise alone, also I think it would depend on what kind of multiplayer options will be available on Aliens C :D

predxeno

Yeah, for some reason I kinda doubt that a Deathmatch mode will be available for that game.

The Xenoborg

Most of my PSN friends are going to play Aliens: Colonial Marines.
They stopped playing AvP months ago.

WinterActual

Most of my friends play AvP just for the Infestation mode because we hate preds and love aliens vs marines only modes When ACM is released, AvP is dead for us lol  :D

Kol

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Jan 09, 2012, 11:29:53 AM
Most of my friends play AvP just for the Infestation mode because we hate preds and love aliens vs marines only modes When ACM is released, AvP is dead for us lol  :D

obviously: THiS! ^

Le Celticant

Hello,
It's not like there's anything to kill anymore on AVP3.
The game is abandoned.

Marinho

Marinho

Quote from: SahrsnTheRonin on Jan 09, 2012, 03:52:57 AM
Besides a lot of ppl play Avp for the Predator experience in particular, and I do not think that will will be available in Aliens C, since its based on the Alien franchise alone, also I think it would depend on what kind of multiplayer options will be available on Aliens C :D

I'm agre with you on that, especialy about the multiplayer options that A:CM brings.
If there is only coop mode that we have seen the game probably won't keep too many people playing for too much time.

predxeno

But surely there will still be people who play AVP when A:CM comes out?  Is anybody here planning on waiting for the game to get cheaper before they buy it or are we all buying the game immediately when it comes out?

Marinho

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 09, 2012, 03:17:57 PM
But surely there will still be people who play AVP when A:CM comes out?  Is anybody here planning on waiting for the game to get cheaper before they buy it or are we all buying the game immediately when it comes out?

1st day buy for me.
But i still will be playing AVP whenever get the time.

WinterActual

Quote from: Marinho on Jan 09, 2012, 02:13:34 PM
Quote from: SahrsnTheRonin on Jan 09, 2012, 03:52:57 AM

I'm agre with you on that, especialy about the multiplayer options that A:CM brings.
If there is only coop mode that we have seen the game probably game won't keep too many people playing for too much time.
Competitive MP modes are already confirmed.

predxeno

But, I'm betting players won't be able to play as the Aliens. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed