Thoughts on the Mrs.Yutani Scene In AVP:R?

Started by AlexVelez, Dec 26, 2011, 09:44:38 PM

Author
Thoughts on the Mrs.Yutani Scene In AVP:R? (Read 23,777 times)

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 12, 2012, 12:31:20 AM

That scene was supposed to be an epilogue ending after the credits were over. So that's probably why it feels tacked on. The original ending was supposed to show a group of predators on an alien homeworld (not the official homeworld of the Aliens) that had been over run by the creatures. They called it a King Alien that the predators were trying to take down or something like. Greg talked about it during press for Skyline.

So glad that didn't happen, anything to do with DOS gives me the willies  :o

But the Yutani scene was always supposed to be a fan thing. Nothing more. I know when I saw it with a crowd no one knew what the hell it meant. lol.

It was a fun fan thing, to some fans.  For the fans who appreciate the EU, Yutani scene was a little bonus for us.  For those who hate everything about this film, it makes scenes that this scene is a waste for you.  Your opinion is understood even if it is not shared.

echobbase79

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jan 12, 2012, 01:44:20 PM

That scene was supposed to be an epilogue ending after the credits were over. So that's probably why it feels tacked on. The original ending was supposed to show a group of predators on an alien homeworld (not the official homeworld of the Aliens) that had been over run by the creatures. They called it a King Alien that the predators were trying to take down or something like. Greg talked about it during press for Skyline.

So glad that didn't happen, anything to do with DOS gives me the willies  :o

But the Yutani scene was always supposed to be a fan thing. Nothing more. I know when I saw it with a crowd no one knew what the hell it meant. lol.

It was a fun fan thing, to some fans.  For the fans who appreciate the EU, Yutani scene was a little bonus for us.  For those who hate everything about this film, it makes scenes that this scene is a waste for you.  Your opinion is understood even if it is not shared.

I don't have a problem with the scene actually. I just thought it was funny I was the only one in the theater that understood it.

chupacabras acheronsis

S.E.E.D. did it better.

echobbase79

The fan made film? With such great suits that was one shit film. I don't think I even finished it. How did Yutani work into the story?

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 13, 2012, 04:39:38 AM
I don't have a problem with the scene actually. I just thought it was funny I was the only one in the theater that understood it.

Oh I wasn't disagreeing you Echobbase79.  Just reinforcing some of the highlights against all the hate from others  :)

echobbase79

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jan 13, 2012, 01:45:14 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 13, 2012, 04:39:38 AM

Oh I wasn't disagreeing you Echobbase79.  Just reinforcing some of the highlights against all the hate from others  :)

Oh, I know. It's all good. :)

Snowdog

Even though i hate avp-r, i did like this scene. The only thing i would've liked seeing after Yutani saw the gun and the guy asked "but this isn't for our world, is it miss Yutani ?" we see Weyland (played by Lance) closing the suitcase. That would be a cool ending if you'd ask me. Especcialy because he died in avp. So is it his brother or did he already had some droids.

Terx2

The Miss yutani scene was a great moment. I really wished they killed the survivours in the helicopter. It would have added emotion to the heartless film. Plus it would reveal that the company gets what its wants and leaves no survivours.

Dallas gives them the predator gun.
A marine shouts open fire.
Flash to military taking the breifcase to Yutani.

Quote from: Snowdog on Jan 14, 2012, 12:11:06 AM
Even though i hate avp-r, i did like this scene. The only thing i would've liked seeing after Yutani saw the gun and the guy asked "but this isn't for our world, is it miss Yutani ?" we see Weyland (played by Lance) closing the suitcase. That would be a cool ending if you'd ask me. Especcialy because he died in avp. So is it his brother or did he already had some droids.

That would have being a much better ending.

maledoro

Quote from: Snowdog on Jan 14, 2012, 12:11:06 AMwe see Weyland (played by Lance) closing the suitcase
Did they reassemble him from his scattered atoms?

m41guy

Quote from: maledoro on Jan 15, 2012, 02:14:34 PM
Quote from: Snowdog on Jan 14, 2012, 12:11:06 AMwe see Weyland (played by Lance) closing the suitcase
Did they reassemble him from his scattered atoms?

:laugh: No doubt! 

That wasn't Wayland, it was the colonel who was in charge during the NG..."assistance" and who answers all the radio calls. 

I thought it was "neat" when it first happend...then when the micro geekgasm ended I was like...why would US mil go to a Japanese company?  Maybe if there were more subtle hints(or secondary storyline), during the movie and then end with this...but with the perspective we got for the movie that couldn't happen, so it's more of a WTF moment? 

Snowdog

If they made one little change in avp we could've had weyland at the end of avp-r.
They only had to make the blood coming out of his mouth when he died white instead of red. Also let the blood on scar's wristblades be white instead of red. And there you have it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Not really, since Scar scans Weyland (reference to Predator 2) and finds his disease. That's why he leaves him at first.

Snowdog

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 15, 2012, 07:12:15 PM
Not really, since Scar scans Weyland (reference to Predator 2) and finds his disease. That's why he leaves him at first.

A flawed design because it's one of the first droids made ::) with human acting (the sickness) to make him more believeable. It's a bit of a stretch but come on it's not like the avp movies are genious or something.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Those are clearly human organs, human heart and circulatory system we see during the scan.
If in your hypothetical retcon we want to cut this 'scan' as well I'm fine, though.

Snowdog

Quote from: Terx2 on Jan 15, 2012, 04:47:18 AM
The Miss yutani scene was a great moment. I really wished they killed the survivours in the helicopter. It would have added emotion to the heartless film. Plus it would reveal that the company gets what its wants and leaves no survivours.

Dallas gives them the predator gun.
A marine shouts open fire.
Flash to military taking the breifcase to Yutani.

Damn i would've loved that. But yeah fox doesn't want to kill of badly written characters :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed