Noomi Interview (Read 1,785 times)

Attack.no1

Attack.no1

higherprimate

higherprimate

Good read tha is bro

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

She makes the movie sound like Raiders of the lost Ampule. heh choose wisely.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Interesting comparisons to Ripley. I never though Ripley was this warrior in the first film. If anything she was scared shitless, running for her life and making on the fly decisions as to what to do. It was only in ALIEN that she took on 'heroine' status and found the acclaim she found.

I'll take a bit of anti-Ripley at this point. I actually hope her character doesn't survive in a way. I just want this new saga to have a life outside of the trappings of needing the same hero film after film.

Eldritch

Eldritch

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 12, 2011, 11:28:57 PM
I'll take a bit of anti-Ripley at this point. I actually hope her character doesn't survive in a way. I just want this new saga to have a life outside of the trappings of needing the same hero film after film.

I second that. Let it be about the universe instead of the events in a person's life.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Eldritch on Dec 13, 2011, 11:18:37 AM
I second that. Let it be about the universe instead of the events in a person's life.

Indeed.  Like this, FOX can devise a number of different scenarios within this universe to tell us about the space jockeys and xenomorphs.  Continuity sometimes limits the scope of what we can see because you are following characters instead of the dynamics of the environment.

Kubrick weaved 2001: A Space Odyssey to blend the scope of the universe he visioned with the storyline he was given.  From what I've read about Ridley Scott and Alien, it seems that a lot of his inspiration for Alien was drawn from Kubrick's film even though Ridley himself had far fewer resources (and financial support) while making it.   Maybe this is Scott's chance to create something in scope that is on par with 2001.  Who knows, if the scope of the film is something that can be developed more, we might even have a sequel, Prometheuses (directd by James Cameron), getting the "Hollywood treatment" a lot sooner than we expect.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Ash 937 on Dec 14, 2011, 05:50:15 AM
we might even have a sequel, Prometheuses (directd by James Cameron), getting the "Hollywood treatment" a lot sooner than we expect.
I think you say this in every thread, and I'm not sure if you're genuinely keen or trolling. Anyway, a Cameron-helmed sequel (Prometheuses or not) is not an inevitability, or even a certainty.

Eldritch

Eldritch

You guys should program a filter that hides all references to the plural version of Prometheus, mainly because it is becomgin REALLY tiresome...

I can agree that Cameron won't ever do a Prometheus sequel, and I think it would be a bad idea generally. I am probably one of the few who did not enjoy Avatar that much and think that Cameron has never really made any great movies... Classics, yes, but they aren't that great. Strictly IMO.

I am beginning to wonder how Noomi's language skills will be in Prometheus.. I heard her speak in the new Sherlock Holmes movie today, and it sounded quite bad.. though she's supposed to play a Gypsy and probably put on an accent just for that.

robbritton

robbritton

I think it's getting massively ahead of ourselves to be talking about sequels anyway. For all we know the plot resloves so neatly into the existing Alien films that a sequel would be utterly redundant.

T Dog

T Dog

From someone on IMDB, Noomi Rapace interview for Sherlock Holmes.

Speaking of the importance of costume, what does a space suit do for you in Prometheus?

Oh my God, you can't even imagine how tricky it was sometimes. For me, it always gives you something. Even if you're wearing something that is really hard to work in and really hard to run in, it adds something because then it makes it even more difficult for me. If I'm running as quick as I can in that, and it's really hard to run, I was sweating like crazy and some days were just tough. It kind of makes me want to do it even better. I'm not a person who complains about things. If it's not flattering, I don't care if I look silly or if it's heavy or if it's painful if it's right for the situation and the character.

Did you sign on for 'Prometheus' when it was still an Alien prequel?

When I signed, it was called a prequel to Alien and still I think it's related. People will be able to see, I think you will get some puzzle pieces so it's definitely connected to the first one.

Is this need to prep within a few weeks a new skill you're learning in Hollywood?

Prometheus I had like seven weeks so it was a bit longer but I've been doing a lot of theater so I'm used to working really intensely and just use the time you have and make the best out of it. I think I'm quite flexible. My method is very personal and I kind of take the time and make the best out of it. I always need to find a way to use myself and not pretend and not fake things. So I need to run it through my own body and my own veins and my own soul and give my spirit into that character and the script.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Eldritch on Dec 14, 2011, 03:10:34 PM
You guys should program a filter that hides all references to the plural version of Prometheus, mainly because it is becoming REALLY tiresome...

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

SM

SM

Just set Ash 937 to Ignore.  :)

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 14, 2011, 02:59:19 PM
Quote from: Ash 937 on Dec 14, 2011, 05:50:15 AM
we might even have a sequel, Prometheuses (directd by James Cameron), getting the "Hollywood treatment" a lot sooner than we expect.
I think you say this in every thread, and I'm not sure if you're genuinely keen or trolling. Anyway, a Cameron-helmed sequel (Prometheuses or not) is not an inevitability, or even a certainty.

I'm not trolling...but, damn, I had no clue that people would be offended by my words so much here as I was never attempting to offend anyone or be ignored for an idea.  Since I think it would please a few members (who write things that I respect on this site), I'm going to hence refrain from using the term 'Prometheuses' to describe any upcoming sequel to Scott's new film.  I know I can't do anything about the posts I've already used the term in (including a few that I just made), but I won't do it anymore.

Sheesh...

SM

SM

You mistake offense for annoyance.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed