Different Space Jockey ship?

Started by 180924609, Nov 29, 2011, 01:16:24 AM

Author
Different Space Jockey ship? (Read 3,575 times)

Eldritch

Eldritch

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 29, 2011, 09:17:14 AM
Quote from: Eldritch on Nov 29, 2011, 09:02:51 AM
To me, the "tendrils" look more like black smoke from the debris, debris that we see land on a planet where two people in space suits are running, all the while a looming shadow grows over them (the actual ship coming down?).
Yea that's what they are but I think they were over exaggerated to accommodate 3D.

Perhaps, or the smoke is a product of some really iffy chemicals.. who knows :) As quick a glance as I could get from the trailer's fast pace, it did not look too exaggerated.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Eldritch on Nov 29, 2011, 09:36:33 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 29, 2011, 09:17:14 AM
Quote from: Eldritch on Nov 29, 2011, 09:02:51 AM
To me, the "tendrils" look more like black smoke from the debris, debris that we see land on a planet where two people in space suits are running, all the while a looming shadow grows over them (the actual ship coming down?).
Yea that's what they are but I think they were over exaggerated to accommodate 3D.

Perhaps, or the smoke is a product of some really iffy chemicals.. who knows :) As quick a glance as I could get from the trailer's fast pace, it did not look too exaggerated.
Although it's hard to see much detail in the leaked trailer many of the shots look very much taken with 3D in mind. The alien bursts forward, towards the camera diagonally and the crew member leaps forward diagonally again, for examples. Of course they are not inherently un-normal shots but do look to be done for the sake of 3D. Most of the trailer appears to have that style for that matter.

Which is one of the things that does make me worry about this movie. 3D imo sucks. Even catering to it could affect the movie.

Eldritch

Eldritch

Yes, I agree.. I'd rather he used his usual camera style to tell the story than having to conform to 3D "standards".

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: 180924609 on Nov 29, 2011, 01:16:24 AM
The distinctive U-shaped Space Jockey ship makes a welcome appearance in Prometheus - but I doubt it is the same ship as the derelict from Alien.

The shots we know are definitely of the other craft match it perfectly. This indicates at least a high probability.

QuoteReasons for this:

(1) Ridley and co. insisting this is not a direct prequel to Alien so this really cant be the LV426 'derelict crash incident'.

It still could be. No information, either way and the 'is it or isn't it' quotes about how much of a prequel it is seem to contradict one another.

Quote(2) The planet in Prometheus looks nothing like LV426.

Extremely hard to judge this.

Quote(3) In the 1st leaked trailer:
We saw what appeared to be a jockey ship explosion in space shrouded by 'tendrils' (more on that later). But if you look very carefully at the right 'leg' of the U shape, it doesnt have the downward pointing 'cone' section at the end.

I'd actually disagree with this. It didn't look like the derelict to me. It looked like a different ship. I suspect it's a human one. Unless you're thinking of a different piece of footage I haven't seen?

Quote(4) In the 2nd leaked trailer:
It appears that the jockey ship crash landing ends up with it being *upside down* after it topples over (i.e. the 3 vaginal entrances are at the top!). Check out the 'aerial view' of the SJ ship sitting vertical on the ground but clearly at an angle about to fall over. Another hint for this is that we see a scene of poor noomi upside down - is she 'flying' the SJ ship in a climactic heroic act?

I still don't think we have any proof it's a ship. It could still be a building. Until we see pictures of it definitely flying, it could well be either.

And even if it is a ship, I don't think we have any indication of which would be the front or back. :) It could even go sideways or 'vertically', for all we know. Or just teleport around, like a biomechanical TARDIS, instead of physically flying.

QuoteAbout the 'tendrils' - it appears they are the trails of something being jettisoned *from* the ship! Surely that cant just be random debris - the distinct and highly persistant trails look like they have some purpose. Is this the fabled bomber/seeding action that the SJ ship was meant to have all along? The 'white hot' missiles at the end of the trails do look about the same size as the ampules...

If this is the same piece I'm thinking of, it genuinely looks like it's nothing more than either colliding with something of a violent explosion caused by internal accident or sabotage.

The smoke 'tendril' effect is present on actual footage of missile hits and the like. It's simply how debris can act - especially if it's something like a missile, where the other object has come in at high speed.

The new Space Jockey 'ship' hangs in the sky in much the same way that bricks dont...

Check out the image at 00:37 from the 2nd leaked trailer. The gigantic ship is clearly in the sky! It aint no building or temple - its a ship! Prometheus has confirmed this!

Prometheus trailer2 at 00:37:

In Alien, the Derelict looked like this:

Alien:

Alien annotated:

In prometheus trailer #1:

Prometheus Trailer1:

Prometheus Trailer1 annotated:

In prometheus trailer #2:

Prometheus Trailer2:

Prometheus Trailer2 annotated:

josh_axey

josh_axey

Quote from: 180924609 on Nov 29, 2011, 09:41:54 PM

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Although I can see the same shapes/extrusions on the "wing" in the explosion picture from the first trailer, that we see on the LV-426 derelict.

Maybe it's their version of a Camry :P

Valaquen

Valaquen

HD trailer will clear up some of this. Seeing the movie will do the rest. 7 months of conjecture .. whoo! :D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Nov 29, 2011, 09:59:27 PM
HD trailer will clear up some of this. Seeing the movie will do the rest. 7 months of conjecture .. whoo! :D
Don't worry man, I've got enough anti-theories supplies until then.

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

looks more like its taking off and turning round to me, rather than crashing.

thanks

rich

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed