User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Game of Thrones (2011 - 2019)  (Read 275987 times)

Biomechanoid
May 16, 2019, 01:13:56 PM
Reply #4530 on: May 16, 2019, 01:13:56 PM
Q
what indicators led them to believe Dany becoming a murdering mad Targaryen was coming if it wasn't an in film story seed? 

The first thing that comes to mind is killing Sam's brother and father. Even if it was to send a message it was definitely heavy handed, and probably supposed to be a parallel to her father having burned Rickard and Brandon Stark.

And that's an in film story seed.

The Kurgan
May 16, 2019, 01:22:59 PM
Reply #4531 on: May 16, 2019, 01:22:59 PM
Q
what indicators led them to believe Dany becoming a murdering mad Targaryen was coming if it wasn't an in film story seed? 

The first thing that comes to mind is killing Sam's brother and father. Even if it was to send a message it was definitely heavy handed, and probably supposed to be a parallel to her father having burned Rickard and Brandon Stark.

And that's an in film story seed.

The way she killed them.

Not that she killed them. They refused to accept her as the legitimate queen and bend the knee after they lost. Robert would have them killed them, Stannis would have, Robb would have,  everyone in that situation would have and i doubt they expected something else when they refused her.

It's a seed. Alright. It just did not flower into anything :P

Maybe we should skip our seed analogies. they seem to end up more confusing than useful in the end.

Voodoo Magic
May 16, 2019, 01:25:28 PM
Reply #4532 on: May 16, 2019, 01:25:28 PM
Q

The way she killed them.

Not that she killed them. They refused to accept her as the legitimate queen and bend the knee after they lost. Robert would have them killed them, Stannis would have, Robb would have,  everyone in that situation would have and i doubt they expected something else when they refused her.

Maybe we should skip our seed analogies. they seem to end up more confusing than useful in the end.

No your seed analogy was perfect. This 100 times over!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wow LSOK, some good ideas here!

I do really like this:

And I LOVE this:

Or how about change it to:

Biomechanoid
May 16, 2019, 01:27:10 PM
Reply #4533 on: May 16, 2019, 01:27:10 PM
Q
Like you said, the first half of what I said was relevant while the second wasn't -- but the two halves didn't exist independently, they were a coherent thought. Taking out half of it and focusing on the first half is disingenuous to what I was saying.
I wasn't interested in your coherent thought nor was I cooking up any disingenuous motives, I was interested in those relevant 5 words. Clearly this bothers you, so moving forward, I will simply say most people saw that coming, with no mention of you, okay?

I didn't say they weren't in-film story seeds, so I don't understand why you're posing this question to me.

Thanks for clarification. Question withdrawn to you, hopefully Kurgan will answer.

The Kurgan
May 16, 2019, 01:34:09 PM
Reply #4535 on: May 16, 2019, 01:34:09 PM
Q

The way she killed them.

No your seed analogy was perfect. This 100 times over!

Wow LSOK, some good ideas here!

I do really like this:

And I LOVE this:

Or how about change it to:

Yep, good stuff.

I didn't say they weren't in-film story seeds, so I don't understand why you're posing this question to me.

Thanks for clarification. Question withdrawn to you, hopefully Kurgan will answer.

You got me confused here now with all the back and forth. Which one do you mean?  :P

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 01:35:58 PM by The Kurgan »

Biomechanoid
May 16, 2019, 01:38:56 PM
Reply #4536 on: May 16, 2019, 01:38:56 PM
Q

Most people didn't see it coming, most people assumed it would happen based on who her father was. 

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:02:57 PM by Biomechanoid »

The Kurgan
May 16, 2019, 02:05:49 PM
Reply #4537 on: May 16, 2019, 02:05:49 PM
Q
I already answered that for me. I think it's what lead most people to believe it could take a dark turn.

^
That's my point A(Seeds).

Point D(Flower) ->

IMO they did not use the seeds to grow the flower\(Did not go the way from A over B over C to D)

They wanted the flower(point D). And skipped a believable way to get there.

So we have seeds\point A and flower\point B. The connection between the two is lackluster. The actual story so to say.

You put too much stock in the whole heritage thing.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:22:48 PM by The Kurgan »

Biomechanoid
May 16, 2019, 02:32:20 PM
Reply #4538 on: May 16, 2019, 02:32:20 PM
Q
That's my point A(Seeds).
Point D(Flower)

You're confusing two different conversations we had. The Step A through D conversation was closed out. For a moment I thought you and I were on the same page when you said you had no problem with her becoming a murdering mad queen if they had given just a little more build up. But then you later revealed that really you desired a lot more than just a little more build up, so I ended it with "never mind."

Nothing personal, but I don't think you have an answer or just not grasping the question. But I appreciate your effort and patience, you did offer perspectives that gave me food for thought if that's any consolation. Maybe I will throw the question over at MoFo forum to get their take. Getting outside opinions can never hurt.

The Kurgan
May 16, 2019, 02:39:22 PM
Reply #4539 on: May 16, 2019, 02:39:22 PM
Q

This was your question right? After I asked you to repeat it above.  How did I not aswer that?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:41:31 PM by The Kurgan »

Biomechanoid
May 16, 2019, 02:59:17 PM
Reply #4542 on: May 16, 2019, 02:59:17 PM
Q
This was your question right? After I asked you to repeat it above.  How did I not aswer that?

Yes that's the question and no you really didn't answer it, you just reverted back to your Step A through D explanation, which has nothing to do with my question. Don't worry about it. I popped the question over at MoFo forum. I want to give them time to answer. If I don't get any nibbles, I might try it here again. Thanks again for your input!

The Kurgan
May 16, 2019, 03:08:20 PM
Reply #4543 on: May 16, 2019, 03:08:20 PM
Q
Dude what? I literally answered that right in the beginning.

I already answered that for me. I think it's what lead most people to believe it could take a dark turn.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 03:10:16 PM by The Kurgan »

BigDaddyJohn
May 16, 2019, 03:10:15 PM
Reply #4544 on: May 16, 2019, 03:10:15 PM
Q
The show was doomed the moment they announced 7 and 6 episodes for the last two seasons. We all felt it was a poor decision.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed