AvP3 On The Way?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 01, 2008, 09:24:15 PM

Author
AvP3 On The Way? (Read 20,371 times)

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Ok Killer thanks for the star wars references, they really get annoying mate.  When directors make great movies they are treated like gods.  When directors make shit movies they are treated like criminals.  Why? Because you pay $20 to see something you hope will live up to your expectations and falls way too short of the mark so that is what people base their opinions on.  As I said before: would you play a game that Uwe Boll has had input on?  Just ask any film buff mate and they will bitch slap you for mentioning that scum of a name

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Stop trying to give the Strauss brothers a second chance because they promised the world for AvPR and put the final nail in the AvP coffin for good.  Hows that for argument and you can say "I find your lack of faith disturbing" but the point is people do not want a shit director(s) collaborating on a fantastic franchise of games.

konradski

konradski

heres one for you play avp 2  now play avp2 primalhunt add on and tell me  witch one was the better and which one was out for a quick buck  because the game is absolute tripe compared to the first i mentioned . but the storey was the only thing i played it for to find out why 500 years before the events of avp2 and what the build up to it was albight thru 7 of the naffest missions ever conceived  by the way aliens n shit just pop up from no were and its just a mess game wise  reason im not comparing the original avp is because it was the first and went in a direction no game at the time did(movie related charachters/situation and it still edge of your seat stuff as marine) .so it would be unfair to compare with genre games of the time system shock /half life u get the jist these were all new at the time.and took gaming to the movie storey telling aspect .to what you all play and expect now  o why did george destroy an entire franchise by digitally remastering it beyond what people loved and actually made it look fake-er  you must come with me to aldaron and learn the ways of the force duke   >:D  

Optimus Virus

Optimus Virus

The Brothers Strause did a fantastic job on requiem and im sure if they were to be involved with avp3 game it would be brill!  these boys have 2 direct avp3!

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Right on konradski.  Optimus: mate you're in dangerous territory saying that as alot of fans here absolutely wish they could shoot the Strause bros.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

C'mon, nobody wants to shoot the Strause brothers, thats goofy.  Just don't expect everybody to fall in line for their endorsement when the only other AvP related material they worked on they f**ked up severely.  Just hire a game studo and blammo.  Problem solved.  No need to even bother with those cats.

KillerB

KillerB

Hicks 0998... The only people that are treating the Strauses like criminals are butt-hurt fanboys that already have a pre-conceived idea of what direction they want the franchise to go in. Face it, a lot of people like this movie.  It just so happens that the negative opinions are always the LOUDEST. It's always been like that.  I still think you're missing my point. It's not whether the Strauses will or will not ruin a video game... I just don't see how anyone can make these great assumptions based on one directorial effort.  Speaking of which,  I'm willing to bet that most of you do not fully understand the politics of making a film, especially for first-time directors... or else you'd all cut the Strauses a little more slack. And your Uwe Boll references are completely asinine if you understood my point from the beginning.  And also, the Strauses never "promised the world" for AvP-R, they only said that they think fans will really enjoy this one. It's all the kids that get their hopes up so high that end up getting let-down in the end. I knew what I was going in to see, I knew the acting was gonna be crap, and I knew that this film wouldn't live up to the originals (it's ridiculous to assume that after 7 films, an 8th one will somehow be just as great as the 1st or 2nd)... but I went in to see a Predator and Aliens fight,  and I wasn't let down.    "Only a Sith deals in absolutes..." Obi Wan Kenobi   :P  

KillerB

KillerB

One more thing... it's definitely not fair to warn Optimus for expressing his positive opinions on a website dedicated to the franchise. That's ridiculous... positivity is always a good thing. Does it bug you that some people actually enjoyed this flick?? I'm willing to bet that you like some pretty sh*t-movies yourself. Let's talk about those.  "Your mind powers will not work on me, boy." -Jabba the Hutt   ;D  

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Killer stop with the goddamn star wars refs for gods sake, you're trying to sound smart when nobody wants the f**king brothers to touch the franchise anymore! What part of that don't you get? You think you can base your whole goddamn assumption on what? What have the brothers done to show the world they are capable of developing a good and decent game based on the AvP franchise? This will be an insult to the gaming community you idiot and if you love the movie and get wet over it then good for you.

NoProblem

NoProblem

well...as long as it runs in my pc...I'm ok   8)  

KillerB

KillerB

LOL... somebody's a little defensive.  I'm not TRYING to sound smart, but I'll take that as a compliment... since I clearly struck a chord with you. *kisses*  STRAUSES FOR AVP-3!!

nudzi

nudzi

Hicks_0998 just shut the hell up plz. I liked the movie so I have nothing against the bros to touch it again. Tell U a little secret, nobody cares about your opinion on the subject, so plz don't try to sell ur shit, that EVERYBODY hates the movie because u are wrong sir shithead. I know that ur pathetic excuse for life is now shattered in ruins after u saw it, but plz get over it.

ZEN

ZEN

Yesterday i was looking for the TLW:JP official website because i had always wanted to go there,i thought it would be like the videogames and movies,but instead i got this, http://www.lost-world.com/Site_B/hammondsoffice04.html ,this half dead POS.then i realized,this is what the AVP-R site will be like 10 years from now!.Some teen is going to find that site,and it's going to be half dead!.Now,for a while i thought "They should just end the franchises and put them out of their misery" .But after visiting that site I began to start thinking "I do'nt want it to be left with just AVP-R finnishing it!.Ya i loved it,but compared to P1 and A1 it's just a stinking pile of horse manure!!.It needs that epic sequal to finnish it off!.Otherwise it will be like the JP series with JP3 leaving it hanging!!" .Yes,all things must die eventualy,but these franchises need to go out with a bang,but not from people pulling out their gun's and shooting at the screen in dismay,but with it being that epic movie that will leave you happy for the next 10 years!.WHO'S WITH ME!?!DARKNESS!?!,BUEEE!?!,SULACO!?!,(*shakes   fist with each syllable*) A-V-P-3!!!.A-V-P-3!!!.A-V-P-3!!!.A-V-P-3!!!   8)  .

ZEN

ZEN

Personaly,I think the Straus Bros. can do a good job at a videogame because it is nothing like a movie.In a videogame you've just got a bunch of primates punching key's and wupping and howling while trying to get it to work,and you also got a bunch of testers to see if it's good,and if it suck's,you can just re-do it,unlike film,where if you f**k something up you can't just hit DELETE and start over.I loved AVP-R,but the Straus Bros. should'nt touch another A / P / AVP film with a ten foot poll!.For a first attempt it was cool,but if they were to do another one it should only be after they direct a few other films, just to get the hang of it. KillerB in regards to comment # 81:I went in not expecting an epic masterpeice,and i did'nt get my hopes up high because i knew they'd never get any better then P1 or A1.I just asumed it would be an okay VS movie,which is probably why i loved it so much,I totaly agree with ya   ;)  .Also I'm not much of a STARWARS fan,I list it as 5/10 when i compare it to P1 and A2,but i've got to say this:Hicks_0998,may the force be with you! (HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!   :D  ).  PEACE EVERYBODY!!!!! l,,l_   ;D  _l,,l

KillerB

KillerB

Thanks Zen, and in regards to #87... AVP-3!!!  AVP-3!!!  AVP3-!!!....   ;D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed